UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Bellator will never be as good as the UFC

6/25/13 9:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JStrongMMA -  There was a time in 1997 when I bet Bill Gates never thought Apple could topple Microsoft. Phone Post

Apple never toppled Microsoft. Microsoft still has a much greater share of the computer/OS/browser/office suite markets. Apple won in the music player/phone markets, but that's not toppling Microsoft by far.
6/25/13 9:55 AM
JetSetter

Mertvaya Ruka - what the ufc has is bosses who are true fight fans.

viacom needs to prove they are in this to stay.
There's no such thing as an entertainment company "in this to stay".

Being owned by Viacom gives you zero stability. Every single day that you wake up could be the day they change directions and sell your ass. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 9:55 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Glovegate -

He's right.

Bellator is too busy handing out illegitimate title shots to fighters coming off losses and from other divisions; locking fighters into overly restrictive contracts; keeping salaries fairly low, etc

Oh wait, that's the UFC.

Real fight fans don't care about the banner under which the fights are fought, they only care about the fights.  I don't mean to sound butthurt about them or anything.  I still like the UFC's product enough to buy the stacked cards (which are admittedly fewer in number).  But the fact that Dana is thinking and talking about them suggests they aren't nothing.  And a few years ago, they were even less than that.  So it's not inconceivable that they could continue to grow.

Anyway it doesn't matter.  May the best man win and in the end, we the fans also win no matter what.

Bellator is doing the same shit or worse with fighter contracts and shitty pay. To be fair. Phone Post
6/25/13 10:22 AM
JStrongMMA

HexRei -
JStrongMMA -  There was a time in 1997 when I bet Bill Gates never thought Apple could topple Microsoft. Phone Post

Apple never toppled Microsoft. Microsoft still has a much greater share of the computer/OS/browser/office suite markets. Apple won in the music player/phone markets, but that's not toppling Microsoft by far.
Apple is a more valuable, more innovative company. That's what I meant by topple. I understand Microsoft will always have majority market share in the pc industry but that doesn't really matter anymore. Phone Post
6/25/13 11:19 AM
2mmafreaks

Is it wrong to love both of them? Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 11:24 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

CindyO -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Bellator Fan - PRIDE was bigger than the UFC but killed theirselves......literally and figuratively through organized crime. Those other organ were run by simpletons and Rebney isn't one. Phone Post 3.0
Bingo Phone Post 3.0

LMFAO!!! You usually bitch about Zuffa/DW killing Pride so its good to see you finally see the light that they did it to themselves.

Cindy

Wrong. I said k1 killed PRIDE by leaking to the japanese tabloids.

The ufc bought them up and did what thy do to other orgs, absorbed them and made it all disappear. Thats what i said they did, it was a dark day for mma when they bought PRIDE. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 11:31 AM
chew22
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator fights been looking good lately. Better than some of the scrubby UFC PPV's.

6/25/13 11:43 AM
Zed Wayne Zed
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator needs stars, period.

I am still seething about my cable bill being charged 60 bucks for that 161 card, but I'll deal with that problem with my wallet next time.

The free cards are the best thing the UFC does.

I will never again purchase a PPV, barring it being at someone else's home.

Dana, send me sixty bucks. :)
6/25/13 11:56 AM
kostello

Bellator may be looking bad because of Paul Daley and Eddie Alvarez but they do let their fighters do outside stuff... like movies and wrestling. The U.F.C seems to care about the UFC name mostly, like they want to be the NFL or NBA. These fighters have to make all the money they can from any source they can, they get hit in the face and kicked in the head... you can't do that forever. They would love to be to have every name possible on their shorts, do every movie that comes about, have action figures, hell... even act silly and entertain fake rasslin'. Those fake rasslin fans will probably be converted to MMA fans, sort of how Brock Lesnar brought a few ship jumpers over. Those old pro wrestlers used to be cage side because they knew what was up. Now you don't see them.

Bellator seems more lenient, if you lose fights in the UFC, it doesn't mean you're not entertaining. I don't know who half of the people are on some of the cards, it seems like new people every card. I like to root for people I connect with. Remember when Tito, Chuck, Randy and Rampage, Silva and all those guys were mainstays and you like to see them fight other people with big names... now you got dudes with names you can't pronounce that win 2 or 3 fights and all of sudden they're future legends.

Bellator will end up with all of the "names" the UFC thinks it can throw away. The UFC will end up with a roster of people that nobody knows or can pronounce their names - all of whom have no personality.
6/25/13 12:23 PM
mr1709

Just like the Ufc will never be as as good as pride dana
6/25/13 12:37 PM
Glovegate

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Glovegate -

He's right.

Bellator is too busy handing out illegitimate title shots to fighters coming off losses and from other divisions; locking fighters into overly restrictive contracts; keeping salaries fairly low, etc

Oh wait, that's the UFC.

Real fight fans don't care about the banner under which the fights are fought, they only care about the fights.  I don't mean to sound butthurt about them or anything.  I still like the UFC's product enough to buy the stacked cards (which are admittedly fewer in number).  But the fact that Dana is thinking and talking about them suggests they aren't nothing.  And a few years ago, they were even less than that.  So it's not inconceivable that they could continue to grow.

Anyway it doesn't matter.  May the best man win and in the end, we the fans also win no matter what.

Bellator is doing the same shit or worse with fighter contracts and shitty pay. To be fair. Phone Post

Agreed.

I should have clarified that Bellator is just as bad in the contract department.  But I would say we really don't know how Zuffa would react to fighters trying to go to Bellator, since none of them want to do that right now.  We have to assume that if Zuffa felt threatened by Bellator's pay/contracts luring fighters they would react in the same way.  By bogging the fighters down in court.

Their title shots are legit though, due to the tournament format.

6/25/13 12:45 PM
Barbalos

Bjorn is a greasy bastard and that's why I don't like Bellator. He isn't any better to fighters than Dana is, sometimes worse. I'm glad there is another avenue for fighters to go pro, but I don't like their management, at all.
6/25/13 12:46 PM
kinson

I don't aee anyone ahead of the ufc in 5 years. Sorry but pride is dead guys Phone Post
6/25/13 12:53 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator will peak at some point just as UFC did.
Its inevitable.
6/25/13 12:55 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

XxLiveBaitxX - Bellator will peak at some point just as UFC did.
Its inevitable.
I'm sorry.. It's what? Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 12:57 PM
Macedawgg
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator's contracts and practices are miserable.

But they are not alone.

6/25/13 1:00 PM
Chris27

Glovegate - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Glovegate -

He's right.

Oh wait, that's the UFC.

Agreed.

I should have clarified that Bellator is just as bad in the contract department.  But I would say we really don't know how Zuffa would react to fighters trying to go to Bellator, since none of them want to do that right now.  We have to assume that if Zuffa felt threatened by Bellator's pay/contracts luring fighters they would react in the same way.  By bogging the fighters down in court.

What do you mean?  zuffa has let fighters go to Bellator, they cut Mo and didnt hold him up from going to Bellator, they  released Daley from his contract in SF when he asked for a release and didnt screw with him going to Bellator.  Page, same thing.  Kongo though he hasnt signed could end up there.  Ben Saunders, they didnt screw with Fitch when he wanted to leave though he picked WSOF.

Point is plenty of guys have left the UFC for other orgs and you dont see the UFC matching, holding them up, trying to keep them away unlike Bellator who kept Sapo Santos from being on TUF Brazil, holding Eddie up in court, fucking with Brookins, Hollett, Herman, Tyson Nam.

Again not saying they havent had issues with fighters in the past but when guys wanted to go to SF or Bellator has the UFC stopped any of them?    Zuffa cuts a guy they can go where they want, Bellator cuts/releases a fighter and when that fighter wants to go to UFC or another org Bellator says hold up, we have matching rights. 

6/25/13 1:00 PM
luctaro
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chalice - do you guys think it's more likely that bellator could become bigger than the UFC or that the UFC could become bigger than the NFL or soccer in brazil or whatever dana said?

Whoa dont that big of a leap.

If what MMALOGIC said about baseball on wednesday is true, the the goal is to surpass Baseball on Wednesdays.

Thats not too bad the MLB is one of the big leagues in America.

Surpassing NFL is waaay down the line. I bet the goal for ZUFFA/FOX is to place UFC content next to NFL content so it can grow.
6/25/13 1:24 PM
Lobo8

JustTheTip - 
kostello - Bellator may be looking bad because of Paul Daley and Eddie Alvarez but they do let their fighters do outside stuff... like movies and wrestling. The U.F.C seems to care about the UFC name mostly, like they want to be the NFL or NBA. These fighters have to make all the money they can from any source they can, they get hit in the face and kicked in the head... you can't do that forever. They would love to be to have every name possible on their shorts, do every movie that comes about, have action figures, hell... even act silly and entertain fake rasslin'. Those fake rasslin fans will probably be converted to MMA fans, sort of how Brock Lesnar brought a few ship jumpers over. Those old pro wrestlers used to be cage side because they knew what was up. Now you don't see them.

Bellator seems more lenient, if you lose fights in the UFC, it doesn't mean you're not entertaining. I don't know who half of the people are on some of the cards, it seems like new people every card. I like to root for people I connect with. Remember when Tito, Chuck, Randy and Rampage, Silva and all those guys were mainstays and you like to see them fight other people with big names... now you got dudes with names you can't pronounce that win 2 or 3 fights and all of sudden they're future legends.

Bellator will end up with all of the "names" the UFC thinks it can throw away. The UFC will end up with a roster of people that nobody knows or can pronounce their names - all of whom have no personality.

Nobody thinks Bellator looks bad with regards to the Daley situation other than a few babies here on the UG. It's not their fault Daley can't leave the country and they've allowed him to fight twice outside of the organization from February-May this year. Two fights in 4 months. That's allowing him to fight 5-6 times a year when they could not allow him to fight at all.

Alvarez? It's nothing different than the UFC would do if Anderson or one of their bigger stars wanted to leave.

Oh sure right. Ufc would totally handle it the same way bellator did with the alvarez situation. Bellator Became increasing hostile to him by the time the contract negotiations came up. They even threatened to sue him for filming backstage! They tried to trick him into signing a contract with wordage changed. And ultimately they are preventing him from fighting by taking him to court with the hopes that the lack of money flow will cause him to cave in. Does that really sound like somthing the ufc would do to a fighter?
6/25/13 1:31 PM
CalfCruncher

I will agree with Dana, but the fights and the organization is still entertaining and I for one will still watch it.
6/25/13 1:33 PM
CindyO

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
CindyO -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Bellator Fan - PRIDE was bigger than the UFC but killed theirselves......literally and figuratively through organized crime. Those other organ were run by simpletons and Rebney isn't one. Phone Post 3.0
Bingo Phone Post 3.0

LMFAO!!! You usually bitch about Zuffa/DW killing Pride so its good to see you finally see the light that they did it to themselves.

Cindy

Wrong. I said k1 killed PRIDE by leaking to the japanese tabloids.

The ufc bought them up and did what thy do to other orgs, absorbed them and made it all disappear. Thats what i said they did, it was a dark day for mma when they bought PRIDE. Phone Post 3.0

Zuffa didn't make PrideFC "disappear." They couldn't even rent office space in Japan. Sakakibara wouldn't submit to the background check and follow thru with his contract with the Brotitta's like he was suppose to so that Pride could continue so how was it Zuffa's fault Pride disappeared?? You act like they bought Pride for that purpose (to absorb it) yet you know that's not accurate.

Cindy

6/25/13 1:50 PM
lookoutawhale
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"promoter says his product is the best on the market"

*shock*

=0

6/25/13 1:53 PM
danggook
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JStrongMMA - There was a time in 1997 when I bet Bill Gates never thought Apple could topple Microsoft. Phone Post
And they still haven't.what's your point. Phone Post
6/25/13 3:04 PM
Glovegate

Chris27 - 
Glovegate - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Glovegate -

He's right.

Oh wait, that's the UFC.

Agreed.

What do you mean?  zuffa has let fighters go to Bellator, they cut Mo and didnt hold him up from going to Bellator, they  released Daley from his contract in SF when he asked for a release and didnt screw with him going to Bellator.  Page, same thing.  Kongo though he hasnt signed could end up there.  Ben Saunders, they didnt screw with Fitch when he wanted to leave though he picked WSOF.

Point is plenty of guys have left the UFC for other orgs and you dont see the UFC matching, holding them up, trying to keep them away unlike Bellator who kept Sapo Santos from being on TUF Brazil, holding Eddie up in court, fucking with Brookins, Hollett, Herman, Tyson Nam.

Again not saying they havent had issues with fighters in the past but when guys wanted to go to SF or Bellator has the UFC stopped any of them?    Zuffa cuts a guy they can go where they want, Bellator cuts/releases a fighter and when that fighter wants to go to UFC or another org Bellator says hold up, we have matching rights. 

Is this a fucking joke?  The only person you mentioned who wasn't either a SF fighter or cut by Zuffa was Page and he was a long term problem for them that they were willing to hand off to someone else.

King Mo was SF, and they didn't need him.

Daley they cut for assaulting another fighter after the bell.  Didn't need him.

Page was a chronic problem and (in their eyes) past his prime.  Didn't need him.

Kongo was cut.

Saunders was cut.

Fitch was cut.  Fucking LMAO @ you saying they didn't screw with him.  NO SHIT.  THEY FIRED HIM.

6/25/13 3:22 PM
Kim Jong Uno
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am believe the Dana for these thing he says of Bellator but Belllator no have to be better just different I think ok its fine for now but I no like Doug Marshall hope he is caused involuntary nap

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.