UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva: I’ve already done everything there is to do

6/25/13 5:18 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anderson Silva is a perfect 16-0 inside the UFC cage and has defended his middleweight title nine times. His legacy is cemented. What else is left? Nothing according to the man himself:

"Every new fight is a new challenge," he said on Tuesday through an interpreter during a teleconference. "It’s really going to be up to whoever’s better prepared that night. Win or lose, a loser or a winner always walk side by side, so that doesn’t really matter. I've been doing this since I was eight years old. There's always new challenges, there's always new things. My biggest concern is going out there and doing better for myself. I'm not concerned about what my opponents do. I want to better myself and I want to overcome anything that I have."

"I think what’s most important is to set good examples for those kids who watch UFC and the kids that are coming up," he said. "And whatever I should have done in the sport, I've already done. Win or lose, I’ve already done everything there is to do. Now it’s just a matter of doing what I love to do."

read entire article...

6/25/13 5:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
wiggum
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^Dan Henderson.
6/25/13 5:26 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swedgen -
wiggum - ^^Dan Henderson.

Good!  You named the one of the only ones.

Got anymore.  Lemme guess, Belfort.  OK, cool. 

Keep going:

don't forget to add "FORMER LHW CHAMP ONE FIGHT REMOVED FORREST GRIFFIN"

ps:  Bones' resume is already better.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Phone Post
6/25/13 5:28 PM
ipponssting
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's fought everyone they've put in front of him. It's not his fault that fighters like bisping, Lombard, belcher etc who bring fresh matchups keep coming up short at the very last hurdle.

I think he'll either retire at 20-0 or after his next loss. Regardless of superfights Phone Post
6/25/13 5:36 PM
TheDigitalRuler
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swedgen - 

Except fight elite competition.

Look at Anderson's opponents then look at GSP's.

Not even close.

So you're saying there hasn't been any "elite competition" in the UFC's middleweight division for the past 8 years?
6/25/13 5:39 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swedgen -

Not even close.

Alves, Hardy, Kos, Shields, Condit and Diaz are elite competition but Forrest, Maia, Chael, Vitor, Okami and Bonnar are not? Why? Phone Post
6/25/13 5:41 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swedge I know you have a bone to pick with us Anderson fans, but now it just seems like you hate Anderson period, lol. Phone Post
6/25/13 5:45 PM
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AS would finish all of the opponents GSP has fought. Nick took GSP too the 5th round, he wouldn't even make it out of the 2nd with Anderson Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 5:48 PM
zazen br

In fact the competition both Anderson and GSP fought is literally the same: the top pf ther divisions.

Everything lies on who you want to nuthug. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 5:49 PM
SLUGSHOT_331
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - 
Swedgen - 

Because I'm right.

Haha, I saw this GIF and instantly thought "whose the cockfaggot trying to use Beiber to look like a badass" and then I was like "oh..."

lol

6/25/13 5:52 PM
attjack

40 years old and 20-0 in the UFC would be a couple of nice round numbers to retire on.
6/25/13 5:59 PM
John 1

Out of those 16 wins only 4 (Franklin, Henderson, Sonnen, Belfort) of the guys he beat can be considered good to very good. He hasn't fought anyone great. His record is mostly padded. It's not his fault but the division is weak, no Josh Koschecks or Carlos Condit's like in GSP's division.
6/25/13 6:02 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

John 1 - Out of those 16 wins only 4 (Franklin, Henderson, Sonnen, Belfort) of the guys he beat can be considered good to very good. He hasn't fought anyone great. His record is mostly padded. It's not his fault but the division is weak, no Josh Koschecks or Carlos Condit's like in GSP's division.
Kos? Really? Phone Post
6/25/13 6:04 PM
ChucoV
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fearthebeard -
Swedgen - 

Good!  You named one of the only ones.

Keep going:

Anderson has beaten 3 former champs from the div above. Can the same be said about GSP?
This. Phone Post
6/25/13 6:05 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swedgen -

A filthy savage acting like a highschooler, tell the guy on your pajamas and lunchpail to stop avoiding Jones and prove how good his fanatics say he is.

Or just keep fighting in the MW division where Boetsch might be next in line.  But hey, that division is deep.

Maybe Jones should stop avoiding the HWs where he belongs. Silva went up and beat LHWs...
Jones isn't anywhere close to Silva.

Stop hating. Phone Post
6/25/13 6:09 PM
fingers 'n' teeth
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Franklin had mopped up the competition when Silva arrived and Silva made him look like a kid.

Its not Silva's place to go up and fight Jones, its not GSPs place to go up to MW.

Silva is one of the best of all time.

Weidman will not beat him.
6/25/13 6:11 PM
Kid Charlemagne
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
Swedgen -

Not even close.

Alves, Hardy, Kos, Shields, Condit and Diaz are elite competition but Forrest, Maia, Chael, Vitor, Okami and Bonnar are not? Why? Phone Post
This

Don't feed the troll Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 6:12 PM
Lazer MMA

I've never seen an objective discussion on this site on the strength of weight classes. One which names the 10 best fighters ever from a division, their records in the division including who each top 10 beat in the division (as well as who those opponents whom they beat, beat themselves in that same division).
6/25/13 6:12 PM
Kid Charlemagne
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_nightkap -
Swedgen -

A filthy savage acting like a highschooler, tell the guy on your pajamas and lunchpail to stop avoiding Jones and prove how good his fanatics say he is.

Or just keep fighting in the MW division where Boetsch might be next in line.  But hey, that division is deep.

Maybe Jones should stop avoiding the HWs where he belongs. Silva went up and beat LHWs...

Stop hating. Phone Post
He's a notorious Anderson hater. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 6:15 PM
Kid Charlemagne

Swedgen -
UGCTT_nightkap - 
Swedgen -

Stop hating. Phone Post

Jones makes LHW without issue.   (this is where you run to find an article saying Jones had a rough cut)

The straws you guys reach at is hilarious. 

You don't think Jones at HW could beat Irvins, Griffins and Bonnars of the HW division?

You're full of shit. Jones's resume appears better because its full of MIDDLE WEIGHTS and past their prime LHW, excluding machida.

You have to look at context but logic doesn't apply to you because your objective here is SOLELY to hate on silva. Fuck off Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 6:16 PM
Kid Charlemagne

Swedgen -

Nah, I just hate you, Anderson is awesome, MW GOAT.

I'm glad. I'd be devastated if a faggot like you had any appeal for me. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 6:16 PM
Authority Figure

Swedgen -

Not even close.

Yawn. Phone Post
6/25/13 6:18 PM
da Vinci 81
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChucoV -
fearthebeard -
Swedgen - 

Good!  You named one of the only ones.

Keep going:

Anderson has beaten 3 former champs from the div above. Can the same be said about GSP?
This. Phone Post
205 had a revolving door of champions between chuck and bones. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 6:25 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Swedgen -

Not even close.

Wow. Didn't even take a couple posts before a disrespectful douche nozzle had to chime in and shut all over a very nice quote.

Do people even wonder why pros stopped posting here anymore? Pathetic. Phone Post
6/25/13 6:27 PM
Kid Charlemagne

Swedgen -
Kid Charlemagne -
You're full of shit. Jones's resume appears better because its full of MIDDLE WEIGHTS and past their prime LHW, excluding machida.

You have to look at context but logic doesn't apply to you because your objective here is SOLELY to hate on silva. Fuck off Phone Post 3.0

Hey mad guy, even if you're right about Jones' resume, nothing changes about MW being historically weak.

Yeaaa okay, that's why Maia goes down and dominates big WW names with ease.

I guess he shoulda stayed at such a weak division that is the MW class. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.