UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tim Kennedy Blasts Pay

6/25/13 10:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://placetobenation.com/exclusive-ufcs-kennedy-slams-fighter-pay/

“It’s a good thing I have another job because the UFC doesn’t pay very well.”

"Kennedy also took aim at MMA sites who push the UFC’s “propaganda” that fighters are overpaid, and claimed that he could make a better living as a firefighter, cop or even from working in a supermarket.

When asked if he thought that this was a reality of the sport, Kennedy said: “Anybody who accepts that as a reality of the sport is sad and pathetic. I hope this isn’t the reality of the sport, if it is I should probably go do something else, like empty trash cans. I’d make more money than I do now.”

Well, well, well. 

Kennedy must be inventing, and is a fraud of a source.

--The UG

6/25/13 10:24 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's just released and bitter!!!!!!! oh wait that doesn't apply here damn! well ummm.......
6/25/13 10:25 PM
Porkchop
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA does pay shitty. It's not like other MMA orgs pay more than the UFC.

If you aren't in it for the glory and you are just in it for money, you are fighting for the wrong reasons.
6/25/13 10:26 PM
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Porkchop - MMA does pay shitty. It's not like other MMA orgs pay more than the UFC.

If you aren't in it for the glory and you are just in it for money, you are fighting for the wrong reasons.

LOL.  This is professional prize fighting.  If you AREN'T in it for the money, you are in it for the wrong reasons.

6/25/13 10:29 PM
Barbalos

Macedawgg - 
Porkchop - MMA does pay shitty. It's not like other MMA orgs pay more than the UFC.

LOL.  This is professional prize fighting.  If you AREN'T in it for the money, you are in it for the wrong reasons.

Wrong. There are lots of other jobs you can make far more money at, much more easily. If you don't like this job, and you're doing it for years, you're a fool.
Porkchop

Macedawgg - 

Sure, they get paid. But look at the guys who were doing it before there were big paychecks..... You rarely, if ever, hear them bitch about pay.

Those are the guys who did it for the love of the sport.

If you are a prize fighter for the money, then you are letting your family down. The only reason to do it is because you wouldn't want to do anything else.
Goonies Top Team

I have to agree with Kennedy on this. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 10:31 PM
Macedawgg

Barbalos - 
Macedawgg - 

Wrong. There are lots of other jobs you can make far more money at, much more easily. If you don't like this job, and you're doing it for years, you're a fool.

“Anybody who accepts that as a reality of the sport is sad and pathetic."  Tim Kennedy

Kennedy also took aim at MMA sites who push the UFC’s “propaganda” that fighters are overpaid, and claimed that he could make a better living as a firefighter, cop or even from working in a supermarket.

6/25/13 10:33 PM
Porkchop

Barbalos - 
Macedawgg - 

This. Macedawgg is way off base.

You have to be realistic. Not everyone is going to clean up with pay.

And mark my words, when these guys do all start to become rich, MMA will go the way of boxing and fall apart. The low pay system is all that is keeping MMA functioning right now. Desperate fighters and guys who can do it for almost no pay are what this sport needs to stay the way it is.

Start paying guys crazy money and the UFC will fall apart and we wont see the best vs the best anymore.
All My Holes Overflowing With Jones' CREam

All my real killers don't buy the bullshit propaganda.

Shoutout to Tim Kennedy a real American badass.

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goodnight sweet Prince, we hardly new the.
6/25/13 10:35 PM

Edited: 06/25/13 10:35 PM
Tim Kennedy is a real goon, I may not agree with everything he says, but he's probably the most legit badass MMA fighter along with Brian Stann...<br /><br />Who would you choose over Tim Kennedy to help you out in a zombie type of survival situation?<br /><br />

Men like Stann and Kennedy have proven themselves on a different level, only a pussy would disagree.
6/25/13 10:35 PM
Porkchop

Macedawgg - 
Barbalos - 
Macedawgg - 

“Anybody who accepts that as a reality of the sport is sad and pathetic."  Tim Kennedy

Kennedy also took aim at MMA sites who push the UFC’s “propaganda” that fighters are overpaid, and claimed that he could make a better living as a firefighter, cop or even from working in a supermarket.

So why doesn't he go and do that? Oh, right, he wants to be rich and famous.... right?

If he actually wanted to fight for the sake of fighting, he wouldn't be saying these things at all. He'd only be thinking about the belt.

It gets to a point where if a guy has financial demands that exceed his ability to afford them, maybe he should look for a new fuckin job to support himself.

I'm not trying to shit on fighters in general, but these guys need to realize that no one is forcing them to be fighters. They want to be rich and famous and complaining wont get them that.
6/25/13 10:38 PM
Porkchop

Edited: 06/25/13 10:38 PM
I can't say that fighters should be broke for us to see the best in the world vs the best in the world, but you aren't going to get tonnes of rich fighters and the best fighting the best at the same time. It's one or the other and anyone who tells themselves different is kidding themselves.
6/25/13 10:39 PM
Animal Mother

Barbalos -
Macedawgg - 

You are not a smart guy. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 10:39 PM
ChaosOverkill
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/25/13 10:39 PM

Don't lose your fight Tim or you will be doing those jobs full time

6/25/13 10:42 PM
Jaybrone
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbalos -
Macedawgg - 

This. And compare what guys on undercards make compared to boxing undercards on PPVs. Pay has a long way to go but compared to boxing the lower and mid level guys are treated far better. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 10:48 PM
VITRTOR Yellow'd in my mouth

Fighters aren't overpaid. NFL/NBA/MLB players are. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 10:56 PM

ChaosOverkill - 

There are alternatives for Kennedy, such as Bellator and WSOF.

6/25/13 10:58 PM
Chris27

All My Holes Overflowing With Jones' CREam - 
ChaosOverkill - 

He aint making 70k a fight in WSOF dude, Fitch isnt even getting that he is a way bigger name and better fighter than Tim.

6/25/13 10:58 PM
Porkchop

All My Holes Overflowing With Jones' CREam - 
ChaosOverkill - 

And he'll make even less over there.
6/25/13 10:59 PM
Porkchop

I get voted down in this place for speaking the truth. Wonder why I don't give a shit about green arrows? This is why.
6/25/13 11:01 PM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its safe to say that Tim probably has made more money so far in his pro MMA fights than he has in his entire military career pay combined.

The military doesn't pay all that good unless you are an officer. People join for job security, see the world, signing bonus/college fund.
Anytime he was in-country he got paid hazzard pay, combat pay, dive pay, etc.. ontop of his base salary. Which isn't that big of a bonus really. Add in the fact that he was getting shot at and placed in immediate life threatening danger.

I would say he is doing pretty good for himself considering the other circumstances.

idk. Phone Post
6/25/13 11:03 PM

armbarheelhook -  I think its safe to say that Tim probably has made more money so far in his pro MMA fights than he has in his entire military career pay combined.

The military doesn't pay all that good unless you are an officer. People join for job security, see the world, signing bonus/college fund.
Anytime he was in-country he got paid hazzard pay, combat pay, dive pay, etc.. ontop of his base salary. Which isn't that big of a bonus really. Add in the fact that he was getting shot at and placed in immediate life threatening danger.

I would say he is doing pretty good for himself considering the other circumstances.

idk. Phone Post

Cmon son.

Doesn't the military have a decent pension program?

6/25/13 11:08 PM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On average a full bird O-6 colonel roughly makes around $100K/yr. But you usually take about 20yrs to get there or more, which means you are a military lifer.

So in the end, Uncle Sam will be cutting you checks for the rest of your life when you put your full 20 in. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.