UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Brown Says He Will Be the Man to Beat GSP

6/25/13 10:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jheinis
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I would rather beat GSP (as opposed to Hendricks) since he's probably going to be a hall-of-famer, a living legend: I want to beat the legend. GSP would not stand with me and would definitely look to take me down, but my wrestling is on a completely different level from what people have seen from me. I've been training with the Ohio ROTC wrestling team (in Columbus, Ohio) for years now, guys with Olympic aspirations, the best wrestling team in America. I don't think GSP can wrestle as well as any of those guys."

"The Immortal" not only believes he can negate St-Pierre's wrestling, but he also thinks the French-Canadian superstar would be fearful of his aggression and knockout power.

"I think he'd be scared to get close enough to hit me because I'm not going to avoid anything he throws. I'm going to step right in the pocket and throw down. He's not going to have any option but to be on the feet with me. Even if he has the skills to stand, he would not be able to handle my pressure, tenacity and desire to win. I think I'm one of the worst match ups for GSP."

"Everyone thinks I'm delusional and crazy for thinking that, but I know who I am. If I go in there the best I can be, I know I'd destroy GSP. When I come in against GSP, I'm going in to take the belt from him, I'm not going to play around with the world title on the line. I'm 110% confident, if I show up at my best, he does not stand a chance in hell against me. This match up with Thiago is a far tougher match up for me than GSP."

Read the full article here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1683220-matt-brown-if-im-at-my-best-gsp-doesnt-stand-a-chance-in-hell-against-me
6/25/13 10:49 PM
Augustus Caesar
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/25/13 10:57 PM

His only advantage going into this fight would be that his name is Matt, but other than that GSP is better everywehre.

6/25/13 10:51 PM
John M
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God damn if he was champ that would be epic. Even if he worked his way up to a title shot...
6/25/13 10:52 PM
Silverball
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Matt Brown, but I just don't see it.
6/25/13 10:54 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
What can Brown do for GSP? Nothing.
6/25/13 10:55 PM
ChaosOverkill
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"GSP won't stand with Nick DIaz since COndit ran!"

GSP stands with Diaz and pot shots him with Jabs, but Matt Brown is the one with the standup to worry GSP? C'mon man, I am fully a fan of the Immortal but can a guy just say "I'm confident I can do what is necessary to win" and not sell advanced Wolf Tickets before a legit top 10 win?

6/25/13 10:56 PM
Porkchop
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL.... Matt, you're a great fighter, but you are nowhere near that level.
6/25/13 10:57 PM
ShanTheMan
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think he is correct, but I would love it if he was.
6/25/13 10:57 PM
heatmeiser
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could see it. Phone Post
6/25/13 11:27 PM
snobordr
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augustus Caesar - 

His only advantage going into this fight would be that his name is Matt, but other than that GSP is better everywehre.

Lol. Funny.  And true.

6/25/13 11:31 PM
myee8

You may be a good fighter, but keep dreaming Matt...

6/25/13 11:33 PM
sincitydc
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His aggression would get him taken down over and over again. Matt's a fun fighter to watch, but I don't see this one playing out for him. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 11:36 PM
Brian Littlefield

Props for believing in himself. 

6/25/13 11:37 PM
daba

I like Matt Brown, but what he says does not equal what he'll do or even try.

I remember him saying he was going to prove Muay Thai was better than Karate before his fight with Stephen Thompson and he'd make it a standup war. Instead, he proceeded to go for takedowns and wrestling. It was the best strategy for him to win but it's hard to take his word after that.
6/25/13 11:45 PM
aka_rtotheoh

Guarantee Brown would beat Diaz. amd standinh would beat GSP. too bad it involves more Phone Post
6/25/13 11:47 PM
Jeon Sa
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Brown is a good fighter a real blue chip guy. GSP may be the greatest tactical fighter to ever live. Not saying be is the GOAT but he is great at different things than Anderson. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 11:51 PM
Kings21
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Browns fights but I'm with everyone else here. No way he beats GSP. I do think however he makes a good fight out of it. He either gets picked apart on the feet, jabbed to death or taken down and has GSP on him for 5 rounds.
6/25/13 11:55 PM
cross3dout
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Graduated from the Hendricks/Weidman school of drinking your own kool aid Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 12:02 AM
Leck Brosnar

cross3dout - Graduated from the Hendricks/Weidman school of drinking your own kool aid Phone Post 3.0

They are atleast legit #1 contenders, Matt Brown just beat Jordan Mein and will soon be leg kicked into Bolivia by Alves.
6/26/13 12:14 AM
Herman Munster

Apparently Matt thinks beating a short notice Jordan Mein makes you the best WW in the world.  Brown loses to majority of top 10 WW's.   Try beating Alves, Condit, Diaz, Hendricks, Macdonald, Ellenberger, Hendricks, Kos, Saffiedine, Lawler, etc.  If you don't have a win over any of the aforementioned fighters, it's insane to talk this kind of nonsense.

I'd also pick Mein to beat him in a rematch.  Definitely know Jordan Will be back in time and will be ready to avenge the Brown loss.

6/26/13 12:16 AM
caseharts
405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Silverball - I like Matt Brown, but I just don't see it.
. Phone Post
6/26/13 12:23 AM
RattleCaT
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm starting to eye that pitcher of kool-aid, gettin thirsty. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 12:45 AM
doerksenfan
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brown would never get that fight, unless he began annihilating the likes of Maia and Condit, and even then it would be a slim chance. GSP wants the biggest payday (at WW, sans Silva) possible, and while I'd love to see Brown try, doesn't Georges only have a few fights left in him? Very small window for Brown. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 12:52 AM
Bomba Tomba

I wouldn't say Matt's got nothing for GSP, but I agree that he loses this fight.  His wrestling has looked much better in his recent fights, but I doubt it's anywhere near the level required to stop GSP.  I would love to proven wrong though as he's one of my favourite fighters to watch.

6/26/13 2:14 AM
js138
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want this fight to happen now just to see Brown's shit get pushed in.

There's believing in your self and then there is lunacy. Lunacy is this, and making these comments/thoughts public when you've yet to show 1/4 the skill set of someone like GSP. Oh and your record too, lets not forget that. I don't wanna hear you took fights under the wrong circumstances early on, almost all fighters have.

Yeah matt, you've gotten better. You're not at that level though and part of being efficient in my opinion, is being real with yourself. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.