UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Uriah Hall sparring - spinning back kick (vid)

6/26/13 1:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
2027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hall is now training at Reign Training Center
6/26/13 1:52 PM
Ministry of Truth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't understand why fighters share video of beating up training partners. Isn't training a sort of private thing?
6/26/13 1:59 PM
Ministry of Truth

What would happen if a training partner released video of them doing this to a better known fighter? As a martial artist, I find this a bit disrespectful.
6/26/13 1:59 PM
fingers 'n' teeth
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/26/13 2:00 PM
he wasn't beating him up.

Kick was nice, came out of nowhere

he got kicked in the head earlier in the sparring

i don't think it reflects badly on his partner
6/26/13 2:08 PM
Ministry of Truth

fingers 'n' teeth - he wasn't beating him up.

Kicked in the head? Maybe if they were point fighting.

Uriah's partner pulled the kick, instead of landing it flush like Uriah did with the back kick. Again, I don't care to critique the entire video, but they were going like 30% before Uriah dropped his partner.

Also, check the video title. It's not "Uriah and x training together", but rather "Uriah Hall knocks down sparring partner with a spinning back kick." That says everything.
6/26/13 2:10 PM
Potatowned

HONG MAN CHOI AND GIANT SILVA'S LOVE CHILD IN THE BACKGROUND.
6/26/13 2:10 PM
Potatowned

also, on TUF, we know that Uriah got too heated in practice. King wouldn't roll with him after he got him with the armbar.
6/26/13 2:16 PM
Libero21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does he keep his hands down, he gets tagged in every exchange when he's the far superior striker Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 2:22 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man

its funny when you hear people saying over the mic his hands are down "just because he can" and a few secs later he almost gets head taken off with a clean kick to the face!

6/26/13 2:26 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy is trying too hard to be Anderson Silva.
6/26/13 2:26 PM
OSBtro11

Somebodies mad they got kicked in the face for keep his hands down and showing off. Phone Post
6/26/13 2:28 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
695 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He seems upset Phone Post
6/26/13 2:28 PM
Hikikomori
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lil Kongo punished that dude cuz of the head kick. Wind did the same thing because a guy teeped him in the face.

Nick Ring will destroy Riah. Phone Post
6/26/13 2:31 PM
Doc T
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fingers 'n' teeth - he wasn't beating him up.

This. I thought the guy he was sparring looked rather decent. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 2:43 PM
Morgz
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoy watching the defense Uriah displays in this training session with his head movement

6/26/13 2:49 PM
in_different
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no issues with that video.
6/26/13 2:51 PM
Burt Reynoldz
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OSBtro11 -  Somebodies mad they got kicked in the face for keep his hands down and showing off. Phone Post

That's what I was thinking.  Straight showboating.

6/26/13 2:58 PM
ChinoV
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ministry of Truth - I don't understand why fighters share video of beating up training partners. Isn't training a sort of private thing?

I don't think it's the fighters sharing these video, it says FightHubTV. I think FightHub showed up and just recorded the sparring session. There's plenty of good sparring session of top level fighters going at it, look up Chuteboxe.

It would be different if a fighter post the video himself of him beating up a training partner just to make himself look good. But this wasn't even a once sided ass whooping, the guys was doing good.
6/26/13 3:06 PM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And yet, the UFC released video of this:

Rousey - Hall

Anyway I don't think it's disrespectful. It's not like Hall was picking on the dude. Plus any time you can potentially intimidate an upcoming opponent (Hall is fighting Nick Ring) is good. Also hyping someone as a guy who can regularly land spinkicks can help get sponsors.

6/26/13 3:42 PM
ya
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm, sparring while wearing a necklace ... not smart.

Nice spinning kick to the liver though.
6/26/13 3:55 PM
Ministry of Truth

ChinoV - 
Ministry of Truth - I don't understand why fighters share video of beating up training partners. Isn't training a sort of private thing?

I don't think it's the fighters sharing these video, it says FightHubTV. I think FightHub showed up and just recorded the sparring session. There's plenty of good sparring session of top level fighters going at it, look up Chuteboxe.

It would be different if a fighter post the video himself of him beating up a training partner just to make himself look good. But this wasn't even a once sided ass whooping, the guys was doing good.

Although you bring up a good point, I doubt he is recorded without his consent.

I'm also not sure why people think he was doing well, either. He landed one kick while Uriah had his hands completely down, after throwing a weak fadeway jab. The majority of the sparring shows Uriah doing his best Anderson Silva impressing, making his training partner miss nearly everything he threw. The end show his partner getting dropped. I wouldn't constitute that as "doing good."
6/26/13 4:04 PM
KneeToFaceKO

Reggie Warren Jr -

its funny when you hear people saying over the mic his hands are down "just because he can" and a few secs later he almost gets head taken off with a clean kick to the face!

This. Phone Post
6/26/13 4:13 PM
Bullwinkle
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ministry of Truth - 
ChinoV - 

Although you bring up a good point, I doubt he is recorded without his consent.

I'm also not sure why people think he was doing well, either. He landed one kick while Uriah had his hands completely down, after throwing a weak fadeway jab. The majority of the sparring shows Uriah doing his best Anderson Silva impressing, making his training partner miss nearly everything he threw. The end show his partner getting dropped. I wouldn't constitute that as "doing good."

His sparring partner was pulling all his punches and kicks. Probably going 50% at most. Have to take that into consideration.
6/26/13 6:10 PM
stop_it_right_meow
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT. cool lil vid. 

6/26/13 7:23 PM
NHBDaddy
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he needs to be training his wrestling and sprawl

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.