UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Boycott Bellator until Eddie Alvarez is free.

6/26/13 6:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bloody Pregnancy Fluids
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Free Eddie Alverez!

"
When Bellator star Eddie Alvarez finished his contract, we went on the open market and received a signficant offer from the UFC:
•Eight-fight deal;
•Three commentary opportunities;
•$250,000 signing bonus;
•$70,000 to show and and additional; $70,000 to win;
•$5,000 escalation for each additional win, to a maximum of $210,000;
•PLUS a cut of a PPV.

However, Bellator had the right to match the UFC's offer, so they did, literally. The contract was rewritten word for word.

However, as Bellator does not currently run PPV events, Alvarez contends that the UFC offer was not in fact matched. The case has been working through the court system at a glacial pace, and now appears to be slowing."

"Alvarez has not fought since 12 October 2012. Barring a settlement, it appears he will be out for over two years, in the prime of his fighting career."
6/26/13 7:00 PM
TheKidAintMine
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FREE EDDIE ALVAREZ!!!!!!!!!
6/26/13 7:06 PM
1nto_the_ether
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In
6/26/13 7:09 PM
JStrongMMA

Why do I care? He isn't a top five lightweight and he should have understood the contract and the implications of signing it. Boo hoo... Phone Post
6/26/13 7:11 PM
RearNakedDeath07

JStrongMMA - Why do I care? He isn't a top five lightweight and he should have understood the contract and the implications of signing it. Boo hoo... Phone Post
Wtf is wrong with these fake ass MMA fans? Phone Post
6/26/13 7:12 PM
12SixElbow
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Two problems.

1. The UFC didn't gaurentee him a PPV fight

2. Bellator is free, and puts on great fights.

6/26/13 7:17 PM
Rudi

JStrongMMA - Why do I care? He isn't a top five lightweight and he should have understood the contract and the implications of signing it. Boo hoo... Phone Post
Full retard. Phone Post
6/26/13 7:17 PM
TheKidAintMine
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 years on the shelf in the prime of his career. Complete bullshit move by Bellator.
6/26/13 7:21 PM
pulsar

LOL @ Contracts with US workplace relations (or lack therof).

'And just sign here... Thank you Sir, we will now have your first born and a 50% share of your first mortgage - you may have the honor of fighting for us for a buck fifty'.

6/26/13 7:23 PM
Acidic

Only people who win with Alverez in Bellator is Bellator

We win if we get Alverez in the UFC.

I use to be pretty anti-UFC but recently i stopped caring about the politics and buisness behind it. I just want to see the best fight the best.
6/26/13 7:24 PM
Haadogei

I agree that he should be freed. I also agree he's not in the top 5 anymore due to the Chandler loss and the current state of affairs. That's not important though; I still like him a lot more than most LWs.

He is too wild to win a title in my opinion but I still wanna see him fight all the big names. I wanna see him beat down all these annoying WEC guys!
6/26/13 7:25 PM
TheMessiah

Bellator killing this mans career!! Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 7:27 PM
Davy Crockett
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should just stay there, it's the same contract and at least he'll get to fight before 2014 Phone Post
6/26/13 7:29 PM
zazen br

No way, UFC = evil, other orgs = good, right? Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 7:38 PM
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah let's boycott Bellator to the detriment of the literally 100+ working class fighters they promote and pay competitive purses to. All for the sake of ONE fighter who was literally offered the richest contract in Bellator history.

That makes complete sense.

6/26/13 7:45 PM
Pessimist_Pete

Who is Bellator? And why did he kidnap Alvarez? Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 7:47 PM
HexRei

JStrongMMA -  Why do I care? He isn't a top five lightweight and he should have understood the contract and the implications of signing it. Boo hoo... Phone Post

Fuckin derpherper, I really hope you're a troll account cause that is a stupid fucking thing to say
6/26/13 7:50 PM
klabo

Bellashit has no problem ruining this guys life/ career in the middle of his prime.. Yet they claim to care so much about him particularly. I get business but that's total horseshit... Bellashit is spending tons of money on the lawyers for this. In Texas it's around 30k to fight non competes.... Why wouldn't they let the guy go and pay another fighter that money? They will never compete with the UFC so what's the point? Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 7:51 PM
sockeye
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In!! Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 7:53 PM
HYBRIDFIGHTER
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shitty move by Bellator. They are stopping Eddie from making a living! Just let him go already!!! Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 7:54 PM
dbeedy
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't imagine how Eddie feels. Bellator has really had a negative light shine upon It recently Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 7:55 PM
F ah G

pulsar - 

LOL @ Contracts with US workplace relations (or lack therof).

'And just sign here... Thank you Sir, we will now have your first born and a 50% share of your first mortgage - you may have the honor of fighting for us for a buck fifty'.

They're going to pay half of the mortgage?  I knew I was in the wrong profession...

6/26/13 7:57 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smoogy -

Yeah let's boycott Bellator to the detriment of the literally 100+ working class fighters they promote and pay competitive purses to. All for the sake of ONE fighter who was literally offered the richest contract in Bellator history.

That makes complete sense.

Thank you smoogy, that's the problem with directing Bjorn hate at the broadcast. Phone Post
6/26/13 8:00 PM
XxFIST2FACExX
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha agreed quit crying you aren't worth shit Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 8:00 PM
Unseen
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

calls culinary union...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.