UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Boycott Bellator until Eddie Alvarez is free.

6/26/13 8:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is Bellator keeping Alvarez from making a living? He could fight RIGHT NOW if he didn't want to hold out for a UFC deal. That's his choice as it was Bellator's to enforce their contract, which unfortunately, is open to interpretation. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 8:04 PM
man meets fate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about I don't and say I did?
6/26/13 8:07 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 years on the shelf and he's still going to end up pawing them 8 fights...that sucks for him and the UFC. We will never see him there baring an amazing favorable decision Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 8:28 PM
Nexuscrawlers
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think they should free Eddie.... But NO WAY am I gonna boycott Bellator. I still love free exciting fights, and there are lots of guys still in Bellator I want to support.
Boycotting would hurt the fighters more than the brass imo. Phone Post
6/26/13 8:28 PM
zebers3
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't have cable so I can't really watch Bellator apart from the internet. Does that count? I'm certainly not helping their ratings.

So ugh.. take that Bjerk!
6/26/13 8:33 PM
dogfb
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will not support Bellator. 

6/26/13 8:35 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like some of Bellator's fighters a lot but don't like the stuff they're doing to some of these fighters. Idk what to do lol Phone Post
6/26/13 8:35 PM
jimbonice

BrCutter -
smoogy -

Yeah let's boycott Bellator to the detriment of the literally 100+ working class fighters they promote and pay competitive purses to. All for the sake of ONE fighter who was literally offered the richest contract in Bellator history.

That makes complete sense.

Thank you smoogy, that's the problem with directing Bjorn hate at the broadcast. Phone Post
Don't confuse this thread with facts! Just fall into line like the lemming the average poster is. Phone Post
6/26/13 8:42 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

In Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 8:45 PM
DanteHec
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Viacom man! Phone Post
6/26/13 8:47 PM
whitejoe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck Bellator. Phone Post
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think there's one complexity to this legal battle that most are overlooking: Alvarez would go back to Bellator if they would guarantee the PPV portion of the contract with up-front cash based on projections for his PPV bonus if he was in the UFC. His settlement proposal said as much. The problem is that unless UFC was willing and capable of enhancing the terms after the fact, Bellator can NEVER be compelled to do this because even UFC isn't willing to pay Eddie the PPV money on a guaranteed basis like that. The only fighter I can recall having such a front-loaded deal was Randy Couture and only near the end of his UFC career.  

In other words, it's going to be hard to argue in court that Bellator fundamentally cannot match the terms of the UFC when even Eddie himself seems to think they could by simply paying him massive "PPV bonuses" that aren't affected by his PPV performance.

Seats Taken
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is so ridiculous that if I was Eddie, I would take a fight come in 15lbs overweight then tap out on the canvas as soon as the bell rings. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 9:36 PM
CHILLITACO
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -

Two problems.

1. The UFC didn't gaurentee him a PPV fight

2. Bellator is free, and puts on great fights.

1. problem Bellator puts on great fights.
(well so I hear. I don't get it on tv, so only seen a couple)

*pretty sure ufc offered him ppv cut deal like a reem contract and guaranteed a main. Phone Post
6/26/13 10:22 PM
Forssberg

Eddie is in a bind. He has little choice but to hope in a quick settlement or his prime will be wasted away.
6/26/13 10:24 PM
garrote
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fungi Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 10:34 PM
JStrongMMA

HexRei -
JStrongMMA -  Why do I care? He isn't a top five lightweight and he should have understood the contract and the implications of signing it. Boo hoo... Phone Post

Fuckin derpherper, I really hope you're a troll account cause that is a stupid fucking thing to say
Ok guy. What was stupid about it? Phone Post
6/26/13 10:40 PM
xaeo

i think bjorn is childish but bellator 97 looks awesome, must watch.
6/26/13 10:51 PM
(Mike Oxslong)
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheMessiah - Bellator killing this mans career!! Phone Post 3.0
Vu and fuck bellator this is some scummy shit here ... Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 11:02 PM
caseharts
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Seats Taken - This is so ridiculous that if I was Eddie, I would take a fight come in 15lbs overweight then tap out on the canvas as soon as the bell rings. Phone Post 3.0
This would make me happy. Phone Post
6/26/13 11:10 PM
Gullivers Travels
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I stopped watching as soon as this whole issue started.
6/26/13 11:12 PM
HexRei

JStrongMMA - 
HexRei -
JStrongMMA -  Why do I care? He isn't a top five lightweight and he should have understood the contract and the implications of signing it. Boo hoo... Phone Post

Fuckin derpherper, I really hope you're a troll account cause that is a stupid fucking thing to say
Ok guy. What was stupid about it? Phone Post

Did you read the OP? What he agreed to was to allow Bellator to match any competing offer. Bellator does not have PPV's, therefore they cannot offer him PPV %, so their offer does not in fact match the UFC's. So in other words, they have violated their end of the deal and now he's being forced to spend years of his precious active fighting years while it works its way through the court system. They're exploiting our slow legal system to cost him his career.
6/26/13 11:13 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, janitor

Eddie is a grown man and chose this path.

6/26/13 11:15 PM
ThickS0lid N Right
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RearNakedDeath07 -
JStrongMMA - Why do I care? He isn't a top five lightweight and he should have understood the contract and the implications of signing it. Boo hoo... Phone Post
Wtf is wrong with these fake ass MMA fans? Phone Post
And that's how you spend your vote up and vote down in 1 shot gentlemen Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 11:15 PM
UGCTT_zackthewop
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm boycotting it and I'm a fan of bellator.

That's some weak ass shit they are pulling.

We need free Eddie shirts Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.