UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Boycott Bellator until Eddie Alvarez is free.

6/27/13 11:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JStrongMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus KO'd stayrad -
JStrongMMA - Why do I care? He isn't a top five lightweight and he should have understood the contract and the implications of signing it. Boo hoo... Phone Post
How are you still in the green. Phone Post 3.0
I honestly don't know. Phone Post
6/27/13 12:04 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alvarez vs Edgar is the first fight he should have in the UFC.
6/27/13 1:21 PM
sniper1026

FREE EDDIE!!!
6/27/13 2:18 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ "crush cans in Bellator", yeah, that's Michael Chandler fight was a real can crushing contest

Ttt for the "B Leagues"!
6/27/13 9:24 PM
Unseen
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Listen to internet radio with SAN Radio LIVE on BlogTalkRadio

This guy has it right.  He talks about the Eddie/Bellator situation at 8:35

6/28/13 12:19 AM
Mertvaya Ruka
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator Fan - 
omega 2013 - it sucks for him,but bellator had every right to match. maybe his management should be blamed...
Blaming his management wouldn't go along with the paid poster agenda UG smear campaign against Bellator. Phone Post 3.0

if you believe that, you are a fucking half-wit.
6/28/13 1:21 AM
danggook

Don't need a boycott, ain't nobody watching that shit anywayz Phone Post
6/28/13 1:31 AM
Barbalos

It's shit like this that makes me not a fan of Bellator. Bjorn is a fking scumbag, period. Holdover boxing promoter pulling the same greasy shit they all do.
6/28/13 1:33 AM
Barbalos

Reed Rothchild - 
JustTheTip -
klabo - Bellashit has no problem ruining this guys life/ career in the middle of his prime.. Yet they claim to care so much about him particularly. I get business but that's total horseshit... Bellashit is spending tons of money on the lawyers for this. In Texas it's around 30k to fight non competes.... Why wouldn't they let the guy go and pay another fighter that money? They will never compete with the UFC so what's the point? Phone Post 3.0

Ruining his life? He can walk into Bellators office RIGHT NOW and collect a $250,000 signing bonus. He can then fight 8 times and if he wins them all, make $1.4M more. With sponsors, he could realistically make $2M with Bellator in the next 2-3 years.

I wish someone would ruin my life that way.
This Phone Post 3.0

The thing is, he WANTED to leave. And he actually has a skill set that people will pay money to see. You? I don't know, I doubt it if you think its as easy as collecting paychecks.
6/28/13 3:05 AM
JCON
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bjorn I love bellator. But please let him go. The man wants to fight. He doesn't want to fight for your org. That's okay. Let him try something different.

If he becomes lightweight champ, that means your lw champ is better. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 3:38 AM
Rigamaroles

I'm in. I don't care about the politics involved. He's a grown man with a family that he needs to work for to provide for. This litigation is just a pissing contest. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 6:11 AM
Nexuscrawlers
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JCON - Bjorn I love bellator. But please let him go. The man wants to fight. He doesn't want to fight for your org. That's okay. Let him try something different.

If he becomes lightweight champ, that means your lw champ is better. Phone Post 3.0
Yup. Phone Post
6/28/13 7:55 AM
Stea1th

I stopped watching it a long time ago. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 10:16 AM
Tomato Can
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone involved in this situation is a bit of an asshole:

- Bjorn is being obviously very dishonest when he claims Bellator could have a PPV that generates remotely as much revenue as a UFC PPV, or even any PPV at all. Bellator is nowhere near that point right now and a PPV headlined by Chandler/Alvarez II would probably sell less than 50K. So it's patently obvious that his PPV bonus clause holds nowhere near the value of the UFC's.

- On the other hand, Eddie really didn't negotiate in good faith. He negotiated a contract with the UFC that was essentially unmatchable by Bellator because they don't have PPVs. Now maybe Bellator could agree to pay him the "expected" amount but that would require a whole other round of legal wrangling. Depending on how many PPVs Eddie appears on and who is headlining them, that bonus clause could be worth anywhere from $0 to $500K per fight.
6/28/13 12:05 PM
martiallaw666

FREE EDDIE!
6/28/13 1:01 PM
swedsteve
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im in. Some fuck shit with eddie. Keeping somone from their career/passion just so you can maybe make more money off of them. (Possibly for 2 years). Dirty fuckers.
Another thing.. Its like.... would an arena football player rather stay in arena football??? Or does he dream of being in the NFL. Phone Post
6/28/13 2:49 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Eddie scared to fight Chandler? It seems to me like Chandler is credible competition for Eddie and their first fight was awesome. He certainly has some challenges left in Bellator so I'm not sure why he just doesn't fulfill his contract and try to avenge his loss to Chandler in the process.

6/28/13 3:08 PM
Dougie
904 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, I bet he has spent more money on lawyers and lost work time than he would have made had he just worked his contract out. Heck, he could have just sat out his contract and not fought and saved money before he went this route.
6/28/13 3:10 PM
Tomato Can
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He already fulfilled his contract. He'd have to sign a new contract to rematch Chandler.
6/28/13 3:20 PM
Barbalos

JustTheTip - 
Barbalos - 
Reed Rothchild - 
JustTheTip -
klabo - Bellashit has no problem ruining this guys life/ career in the middle of his prime.. Yet they claim to care so much about him particularly. I get business but that's total horseshit... Bellashit is spending tons of money on the lawyers for this. In Texas it's around 30k to fight non competes.... Why wouldn't they let the guy go and pay another fighter that money? They will never compete with the UFC so what's the point? Phone Post 3.0

Ruining his life? He can walk into Bellators office RIGHT NOW and collect a $250,000 signing bonus. He can then fight 8 times and if he wins them all, make $1.4M more. With sponsors, he could realistically make $2M with Bellator in the next 2-3 years.

I wish someone would ruin my life that way.
This Phone Post 3.0

The thing is, he WANTED to leave. And he actually has a skill set that people will pay money to see. You? I don't know, I doubt it if you think its as easy as collecting paychecks.

And Anderson WANTS to go fight RJJ but he can't because of the contract he signed.

Randy WANTED to go fight Fedor but couldn't because of the contract he signed.

Brock WANTED to be involved in WWE but couldn't because of the contract he signed.

BJ WANTED to go fight Ludwig in K1, did, and got sued for it because of the contract he signed.

These guys are acting like Bellator is doing Alvarez a big favour. They aren't. Same with all those other restrictions imposed by the contracts they signed. I'm not saying it isn't fair or right, I'm saying Bellator isn't doing anything particularly good or impressive here, same as with those UFC contract restrictions. That is in the interests of the ORG, not the fighter.
6/28/13 3:21 PM
Phil999

smoogy - 

Yeah let's boycott Bellator to the detriment of the literally 100+ working class fighters they promote and pay competitive purses to. All for the sake of ONE fighter who was literally offered the richest contract in Bellator history.

That makes complete sense.

6/28/13 3:28 PM
Phil999

HexRei - 
JStrongMMA - 
HexRei -
JStrongMMA -  Why do I care? He isn't a top five lightweight and he should have understood the contract and the implications of signing it. Boo hoo... Phone Post

Fuckin derpherper, I really hope you're a troll account cause that is a stupid fucking thing to say
Ok guy. What was stupid about it? Phone Post

Did you read the OP? What he agreed to was to allow Bellator to match any competing offer. Bellator does not have PPV's, therefore they cannot offer him PPV %, so their offer does not in fact match the UFC's. So in other words, they have violated their end of the deal and now he's being forced to spend years of his precious active fighting years while it works its way through the court system. They're exploiting our slow legal system to cost him his career.

wow a complex contract seems so simple when you lay it all like that in Eddie's favour.
6/28/13 3:39 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - He already fulfilled his contract. He'd have to sign a new contract to rematch Chandler.

He obviously didn't if he can't freely go fight for another org.

6/28/13 3:43 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I already boycott Bellator without knowing I boycott Bellator Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 5:23 PM
Nexuscrawlers
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - I already boycott Bellator without knowing I boycott Bellator Phone Post 3.0
That's too bad. U r missing some exciting fights. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.