UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> DDP Confirms Jake Roberts "Slipped Up"

6/26/13 10:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diamond Dallas Page has released the following statement and video regarding another recently posted video, entitled "When The Cat's Away," that appeared to show Jake Roberts "falling off the wagon" at the Accountability Crib, in which Page confirms that Roberts did in fact "slip up":

"The decision to release these videos was made after much consideration. There has been a tremendous flood of positive media coverage surrounding what happens at the Accountability Crib, and while many things that happen may be kept private, we cannot allow a false image to be portrayed.

As much as we hate seeing people fall, we still believe that anyone can make the decision to get back up. We’re not a rehab center and we’re still learning so much about addiction. We only are here to support our friends if they are willing to do the work necessary.

6/26/13 10:24 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/26/13 10:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

6/27/13 2:07 AM
RoyMunson
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marks around you what would you do? Jack is Fd.

6/27/13 2:30 AM
Johnny Drama
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never was a fan of Jake the Snake as a wrestler, but it was cool seeing him progress with his health after he joined with DDP. Kind of sad.

-Drama

6/27/13 7:50 AM
RedDragonUK
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So they let him out with some woman that just got out of jail and expected that not to test him. Well I guess it did and he failed. He sounds a little bit in denial and almost glossing over it.

Hope DDP can wake him up Phone Post
6/27/13 10:19 AM
ArtMinaj

So fucking sad and just messed up. 

6/27/13 10:26 AM
BigWilliam
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's the thing with addiction, you can be clean for years but it's still there, waiting for you to fuck up.
6/27/13 10:39 AM
ArtMinaj

RedDragonUK -  So they let him out with some woman that just got out of jail and expected that not to test him. Well I guess it did and he failed. He sounds a little bit in denial and almost glossing over it.

Hope DDP can wake him up Phone Post

I seriously feel sorry for Jake, but they can't keep him in a jar to protect him from himself.

6/27/13 11:48 AM
torquemada
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn it. Phone Post
6/27/13 1:12 PM
MyUnclesCreepy
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for later and this is terrible news. DDP is doing the right thing releasing the tape as he has taken ownership of his group of guys

Lets hope Jake realizes its not worth it to slip up again Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 8:19 PM
ArtMinaj

MyUnclesCreepy - In for later and this is terrible news. DDP is doing the right thing releasing the tape as he has taken ownership of his group of guys

Lets hope Jake realizes its not worth it to slip up again Phone Post 3.0

I am legit sad about this whole thing. 

As smart as Jake is, I think he has other issues other than his addiction. 

6/27/13 8:38 PM
torubu
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Recovery is always bound to have slip ups. There is no cure. It's a constant battle. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 6:14 AM
RedDragonUK
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know Art I agree with you I just think maybe they could be more careful with who he hangs out with.

Maybe thats inhumane too but sending out a drug and drink addict with another drink and drug addict fresh out of jail and looking for a fix is asking for trouble. Phone Post
6/28/13 6:21 AM
ArtMinaj

RedDragonUK -  I know Art I agree with you I just think maybe they could be more careful with who he hangs out with.

Maybe thats inhumane too but sending out a drug and drink addict with another drink and drug addict fresh out of jail and looking for a fix is asking for trouble. Phone Post

I see what you are saying my friend. 

6/28/13 1:07 PM
RoyMunson
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Update.

6/28/13 7:28 PM
ArtMinaj

So fucking sad.  Do you all really think that he had just two drinks?  He was acting all funny, but he wasn't stumbling around the house and smelling like booze.  He knows he fucked up, but it's crazy that he was able to stop at two drinks.

I am just looking for honest discussion here.   I like Jake, feel for him, and am seriously interested in the whole thing. 

6/28/13 7:52 PM
homegrowncone
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This would be the work of works if it wasn't true, but sadly I don't see it ending well.

6/28/13 9:34 PM
Nuckin Futs
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake's mistake is thinking that he can have a couple of beers like the old days. It's a addicted persons dream to be able to to control their addiction, its a dream that will send you right back into misery. Its not a matter of if, just when.
6/30/13 3:45 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com

I hope he can get back on track.

6/30/13 8:22 PM
ArtMinaj

anyone have part 4 of 4? 

7/1/13 2:43 AM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eventually, Jake and Scott Hall are going to have to live their lives without an "accountability crib". Perhaps it's good that he failed now, instead of after he left feeling he was "cured".
7/1/13 2:53 AM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArtMinaj - 

anyone have part 4 of 4? 

7/2/13 4:42 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com

I wish they interviewed Hall.

7/2/13 5:07 PM
Hizzay
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heavy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.