UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey tries to emulate Fedor when she fights

6/26/13 11:40 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Ronda Rousey is a perfect 7-0 in professional MMA, and overall 9-0 in her career, with nine first round submissions by armbar. Seven of those armbars have been before the first minute of the first round. The feat is unrivaled in mixed martial arts.

Fedor Emelianenko was at one-time considered the best heavyweight on the planet, winning 28 bouts in a row over eight years. Emelianenko was an inspiration to Rousey, who tries to do her best to emulate him in her fights:

“My favorite fighter to watch ever I would say is Fedor Emelianenko,” Rousey said during a Facebook chat sponsored by Metro PCS on Wednesday.

“He’s always going to be my favorite.  It was the first highlight reel I ever saw of MMA.  I loved his style and how he came from a Judo-Sambo background, and I really try to emulate his style every time that I fight,” said Rousey.

read entire article...

6/26/13 11:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES!
6/26/13 11:44 PM
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 11:46 PM
Richard Tuck
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Femdor Phone Post
6/26/13 11:46 PM
HexRei

Except Fedor could strike
6/26/13 11:47 PM
BeatonHauff
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HAHAHAHA Phone Post
6/26/13 11:48 PM
caseharts
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
I want to see her fight a female Randleman and get suplexed than win Phone Post
6/26/13 11:50 PM
Porkchop

Fedor has to be considered the greatest heavyweight of all time hands down. Possibly the GOAT as well.

She will never get there but it's good to see her pay respect to the greats in our sport.
6/26/13 11:52 PM
BeatonHauff
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every time I see her fight, her style reminds me exactly of Fedor, they both did armbars. Phone Post
6/26/13 11:54 PM
hercules_mma_kosark
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

......wut Phone Post
6/26/13 11:57 PM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would u expect anything different? He's the essence of man Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 12:01 AM
overEZ

^She might be emulating him even if it comes out different. She might also be emulating his entrance, his demeanor, and philosophy.
6/27/13 12:03 AM
HexRei

Edited: 06/27/13 12:03 AM
overEZ - ^She might be emulating him even if it comes out different. She might also be emulating his entrance, his demeanor, and philosophy.

Oh ffs. What next? She emulates his skin and eye and gi colors? She clearly meant his fighting, stop making excuses for her ridiculous self-aggrandizing
6/27/13 12:12 AM
ChaosOverkill
739 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - 
overEZ - ^She might be emulating him even if it comes out different. She might also be emulating his entrance, his demeanor, and philosophy.

Oh ffs. What next? She emulates his skin and eye and gi colors? She clearly meant his fighting, stop making excuses for her ridiculous self-aggrandizing

Yeah Fedor showed no-emotion entering a fight, Rhonda has this angry look on her face like she just convinced herself her opponent is evil.

6/27/13 12:12 AM
Choochy
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's already got Fedor beat in one department. She has nicer tits... maybe Phone Post
6/27/13 12:13 AM
rnunz
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Richard Tuck -  Femdor Phone Post

6/27/13 12:26 AM
BeatonHauff

Old Thrashbarg -
HexRei - Except Fedor could strike
Actually, when grading on a curve for male and female, rondas better than Fedor. Phone Post
Fag Phone Post
6/27/13 12:37 AM
rampageforpresident

ufc is probably putting her up to saying that to get the hardcore fans to support her more
6/27/13 12:38 AM
HexRei

Old Thrashbarg - 
MMA Lives Here -
Old Thrashbarg -
Actually, when grading on a curve for male and female, rondas better than Fedor. Phone Post
Wut Phone Post
Yes, technically ronda is years superior. Again, grading on a curve. Fedor was never that good, just got lucky with punches a lot. Phone Post

revenge of the 12'ers
6/27/13 12:40 AM
BigSleep
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here -  I fail to see how she emulates Fedor. She doesn't strike. She throws a few arm punches to close the distance and that's it. I don't see her fencing on the feet, judging distance and leaping in with devastating Russian hooks. I don't see her counter striking or throwing leg kicks. I don't understand how she makes that comment without feeling like an ass Phone Post

She says she TRIES to emulate Fedor. I'm not sure what's wrong with that besides the fact people are sick of her on the UG.

She seems to be doing pretty well in MMA utilizing her skill set much like the man she TRIES to emulate.

You really have to be nitpicking to have a big problem with this one.
6/27/13 12:48 AM
sparkuri
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Old news.

Article should've started "The GOAT, ect.."

Now if she could just learn to cast punches...

6/27/13 12:57 AM
TheGoldenRule
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swedgen -

Good.  Now try harder to emulate his talking.

This Phone Post
6/27/13 12:59 AM
SgtJustinTeplitz
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thumbs up Ronda for liking Mr Fedor... Can someone post The Van Damme Fedor gif?!?!
6/27/13 1:15 AM
Kings21
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus you guys are Rough. The girl says her favorite fighter is Fedor and tries to fight like him. No shit her striking is not up to the same level.

I think its great that she does what she can to emulate his style of fighting.

Haters gonna hate.
6/27/13 1:19 AM
Devlin
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here -
Old Thrashbarg -
MMA Lives Here -
Old Thrashbarg -
Wut Phone Post
Yes, technically ronda is years superior. Again, grading on a curve. Fedor was never that good, just got lucky with punches a lot. Phone Post
Is this real life? Phone Post
Yes and this guy be trolling.like a motherfucker. Or he's really that dumb. Takes a special kind of noob/idiot to suggest he got lucky with punches when he wasnt sparking anybody till later in his career. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.