UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS: I no longer want to fight Overeem

6/27/13 1:28 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem were scheduled to fight at UFC 126, but the former K-1, but Overeem was caught in a surprise PED test, and was removed from the card.

Dos Santos has since said he does not want to fight a man "made in a lab." Overeem countered that JDS was afraid to take the fight.

Now dos Santos has hardened in his resolve, saying that he was avenged by the defeat of Overeem by Bigfoot at UFC 156.

“Bigfoot put him on his place," said dos Santos. "I no longer feel the wish to face him but I fight whomever the UFC puts in front of me. I will train aiming that guy and to be very well prepared to win."

“The limited fighters, guys who don’t believe in themselves, who don’t dedicate to the training and don’t take it seriously are the ones who make it to call for attention. They do it to hype themselves.

“It’s not that he is bad. He is an excellent fighter and he has great accomplishments in his career. You see Sonnen making controversial statements as well but I’m not saying anything bad about him.

“Have you see Sonnen? He is an excellent athlete… but he is better as a commentator.”

Read entire article...

6/27/13 1:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LyotoBundy
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS would tap that chin Phone Post
6/27/13 1:44 PM
duckhuntgangsta
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Class act. I hope he beats Cain, or at least has a better showing, so they can battle it out a fourth time. IMO Cain's win was greater than JDS' KO. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 1:54 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kinda dissapointing, I wanted to see another devastating KO on JDS's Highlight Reel.

6/27/13 1:59 PM
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is still a match I want to see. And if JDS is champ and overeem wins I can see it happening. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 2:04 PM
BuddyRevell
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser_Finlay - 

Kinda dissapointing, I wanted to see another devastating KO on JDS's Highlight Reel.

Agreed.

6/27/13 2:04 PM
GSP24
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC 126? Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 2:05 PM
Affliction Blackbelt
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If JDS beats cain I'd love to see him fight the reem or cormier. Both give me tingles.
6/27/13 2:53 PM
Vote me down

Overeem knocks out JDS first round.

6/27/13 2:54 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's just see how Reem does in his next few fights. If he can come back from that loss. I think Reem needs to beat a few top 5 heavyweights
6/27/13 3:05 PM
Mr Makaveli

Rory N Ricci s Third Wheel - JDS likes his "gimme fights" and unjust title shots. He got rolled by Velasquez last time and the first fight was a fluke. Phone Post 3.0
Wtf is this shit? Classy from JDS as usual. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 3:05 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oveerem MUST look impressive against Browne.

If he looks like shit, his career trajectory drastically changes.

I think people are still giving him the benefit of the doubt with Bigfoot, but he can suffer no more big losses like that and expect people to consider him a top 5 HW.

I actually think he beats Browne by stoppage.
6/27/13 3:23 PM
Mr Makaveli

Rory N Ricci s Third Wheel -
Mr Makaveli -
Rory N Ricci s Third Wheel - JDS likes his "gimme fights" and unjust title shots. He got rolled by Velasquez last time and the first fight was a fluke. Phone Post 3.0
Wtf is this shit? Classy from JDS as usual. Phone Post 3.0
-JDS had to win "one fight" against Mark Hunt for a title fight.

-JDS caught Cain Velasquez in first fight.

Pretty simple really. Phone Post 3.0
Explain how the first fight was a fluke? He aimed for his head with a punch and landed. Cain didn't defend good enough and JDS knocked him out. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 3:27 PM
Kid Charlemagne
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/27/13 3:30 PM
Edit: wrong quote
6/27/13 3:32 PM
Kid Charlemagne
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory N Ricci s Third Wheel - JDS likes his "gimme fights" and unjust title shots. He got rolled by Velasquez last time and the first fight was a fluke. Phone Post 3.0

6/27/13 3:35 PM
Havok33
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed - Oveerem MUST look impressive against Browne.

I think people are still giving him the benefit of the doubt with Bigfoot, but he can suffer no more big losses like that and expect people to consider him a top 5 HW.

I agree on all points.
6/27/13 3:39 PM
c simon
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't consider Reem top-5 but top-10.
6/27/13 3:55 PM
jack_wilshere
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually think Browne is very live dog in this fight and could well win a decision. I'm assuming Overeem is betting favourite.

My reasoning is simply that Overeem gasses in most fights - his post fight interview after the 2nd Werdum fight was cringeworthy.

Travis is a solid heavyweight who's only improving. If he survives the first round I think Browne outworks Reem and maybe even finishes late. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 3:57 PM
Tilla

Junior is LOST when he can't KO or outbox someone.

Reem would put a Thai Clinic on Junior, IMO.
6/27/13 4:06 PM
Kid Charlemagne

Tilla - Junior is LOST when he can't KO or outbox someone.

You have no idea what you're talking about, do u Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 4:09 PM
John M
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS would DESTROY Overeem. 1st round KO
6/27/13 4:09 PM
BrCutter
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Havok33 -
Zed Wayne Zed - Oveerem MUST look impressive against Browne.

I agree on all points.
Another agree'r! Phone Post
6/27/13 4:11 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - Class act. I hope he beats Cain, or at least has a better showing, so they can battle it out a fourth time. IMO Cain's win was greater than JDS' KO. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. Although, I hope it ends at the rubber-match. Phone Post
6/27/13 4:29 PM
man meets fate

Wow jds actually talking about reem in a non negative way? Wft happened? Wonder who humbled him
6/27/13 4:38 PM
Tilla

Kid Charlemagne - 
Tilla - Junior is LOST when he can't KO or outbox someone.

You have no idea what you're talking about, do u Phone Post 3.0

Show me otherwise...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.