UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> VOTE: Jones, Silva nominated for ESPY

6/29/13 2:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
[OGTT]naughtiiDawg
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted for silva! Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 3:08 PM
sparkuri
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - It's fucking retarded, that Floyd fights one time, and is nominated for things like this. How in the fuck is Floyd, fighter of the year? Phone Post
Anderson fought like 10 minutes in 2012. Probably less than that in 2013.

Canelo is likely. Phone Post
6/29/13 3:18 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - It's fucking retarded, that Floyd fights one time, and is nominated for things like this. How in the fuck is Floyd, fighter of the year? Phone Post
Anderson fought like 10 minutes in 2012. Probably less than that in 2013.

Canelo is likely. Phone Post
I don't think Anderson should win either. Phone Post
6/29/13 4:26 PM
ep915

I would say out of those all that probably danny Garcia deserves it most. He became the #1 fighter in his weight class by disposing of 2 top 10 tough opponents with relative ease. I still feel canelo lost to trout so I wont go with him. Jones and Silva are honestly the 2 least worthy of the award though. They both beat unranked fighters who had no business in the ring with them.
6/29/13 5:42 PM
PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU should vote for Kyle Dake

What a phenomenal athlete and DEFINITELY the best Male College Athlete
Best Male College Athlete
6/29/13 5:45 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VOTED FOR ANDO

Probably won't happen, but if Jones and Silva do fight, this is how I hope it plays out ;-)

6/29/13 6:11 PM
MMArijuana

PrettyBoy - Floyd should win. Every time he fights he is adding to a legacy of a one of a kind athlete that comes along maybe once in a generation. Nobody in MMA has accomplished anything comparable to what Mayweather has in boxing.

I think the kids coming up now will be the first generation of MMA fighters who have trained for MMA since they were born... You will start to see MMA fighters with boxing like records and boxing like talent in mastering their craft. The next generation will begin to refine and so on. It will take prob at least 3 generations before a fighter in MMA could be a comparable talent to Floyd in his respective combat sport.

In fact that trend has already started. Just look at Jon Jones he should be undefeated. GSP, Cruz, Aldo and others are only showing 1-2 losses. In 2005 everyone around here was saying that boxing like records were impossible to achieve in MMA due to how many more factors their were to consider.

It's nonsense... The fighters then just were not as skilled at their craft. That's a fact. I mean no disrespect to the athletes in MMA or the sport in general but MMA fighters really shouldn't be compared with boxing directly at this point. Boxers are far and away the most superior at their craft and its obvious. They should really just do away with the best "fighter" award and just have two separate awards one for best boxer and one for best mixed martial artist. Phone Post 3.0

I like this quote. "Boxers are far and away the most superior at their craft and its obvious."

Guess what, mixed martial artists are far and away the most superior at their craft, too. It's obvious, bro.

A lot of what you're saying is nonsense. They're two different sports, to compare them is silly. It's like comparing David Beckham(soccer) against Adrian Peterson(football).

Boxing is more socially accepted. Jon Jones is the fighter of the year, imo. No way an MMA fighter wins this award though.
6/29/13 6:33 PM
flowwiththego
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted Anderson Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 8:19 PM
EatonBeever
432 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted Mayweather.

Anderson beat Chael Sonnen (a guy he beat before) and Stephan Bonnar.....How the fuck does that top one of the greatest boxers of all time, Floyd Mayweather Jr ??  Miguel Cotto & Robert Guerrero are levels above Bonnar & Sonnen.

6/29/13 9:13 PM
guardbr8kr

Clearly GSP is the man....
6/29/13 11:51 PM
Franchise009

Edited: 06/29/13 11:56 PM
The ESPYs, Grammy's all that voting nonsense is as corrupt as our national governments voting process. The awards don't mean shit, but all the athletes do deserve something for their hardwork. Instead of this stuff they should have an annual sex party for athletes, a la Olympic village.

Anyway, I agree that Jones, Anderson, and Floyd don't deserve fighter of the year. Mainly because of who and how often they have fought, this year.
6/29/13 11:59 PM
MMAforMONEY

MMAforMoney on Twitter
Best "fighter" to me means...If a fight were to happen, at any place, at any time, whether it be a ring, cage, playground, bar, or the supermarket, for that matter, who has the best skills to win said fight. All-time, someone like Bruce Lee comes to mind...

So currently, in the year 2013, skills-wise, the best "fighter" is Anderson Silva. Hands down. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 1:58 AM
danggook
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMArijuana -
PrettyBoy - Floyd should win. Every time he fights he is adding to a legacy of a one of a kind athlete that comes along maybe once in a generation. Nobody in MMA has accomplished anything comparable to what Mayweather has in boxing.

I think the kids coming up now will be the first generation of MMA fighters who have trained for MMA since they were born... You will start to see MMA fighters with boxing like records and boxing like talent in mastering their craft. The next generation will begin to refine and so on. It will take prob at least 3 generations before a fighter in MMA could be a comparable talent to Floyd in his respective combat sport.

In fact that trend has already started. Just look at Jon Jones he should be undefeated. GSP, Cruz, Aldo and others are only showing 1-2 losses. In 2005 everyone around here was saying that boxing like records were impossible to achieve in MMA due to how many more factors their were to consider.

It's nonsense... The fighters then just were not as skilled at their craft. That's a fact. I mean no disrespect to the athletes in MMA or the sport in general but MMA fighters really shouldn't be compared with boxing directly at this point. Boxers are far and away the most superior at their craft and its obvious. They should really just do away with the best "fighter" award and just have two separate awards one for best boxer and one for best mixed martial artist. Phone Post 3.0

I like this quote. "Boxers are far and away the most superior at their craft and its obvious."

Guess what, mixed martial artists are far and away the most superior at their craft, too. It's obvious, bro.

A lot of what you're saying is nonsense. They're two different sports, to compare them is silly. It's like comparing David Beckham(soccer) against Adrian Peterson(football).

Boxing is more socially accepted. Jon Jones is the fighter of the year, imo. No way an MMA fighter wins this award though.
Superior at their craft = better at picking and choosing their fights and avoiding difficult matchups. Phone Post
6/30/13 2:51 AM
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas

MMArijuana -

You never boxed Phone Post
6/30/13 4:25 AM
uniquetechnique
771 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
6/30/13 3:35 PM
Dogwalker86
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted for Silva a few days ago. However no MMA fighter will win over a boxer in this award show. Phone Post
6/30/13 7:14 PM
uniquetechnique
771 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dogwalker86 - Voted for Silva a few days ago. However no MMA fighter will win over a boxer in this award show. Phone Post
I am thinking the same. I voted for AS. Voted for Pacman vs Marquez in Biggest upset Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 11:11 PM
MT11

I vote Dake Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 7:01 AM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser_Finlay - 

Wait, wait, wait... I was looking through the voting categories and there is one called "Best Moment" or something like that. The Scottish tennis player Andy Murray was nominated for winning the Olympic gold medal, I instinctively voted for my countryman but in doing so I only caught the blurb associated with him for a second. I swear it started with "Englishman Andy Murray"... This is an outrage!

Either way, I voted for Anderson Silva...

Yeah and apperently Messi has "91 points" this season. How the fuck can such moronic shit be published by such a big company, is that a refection of their overall standards? No wonder the rest of the world thinks Americans are dumb. (PS i am not saying they are, i am just saying it's a widely held view)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.