UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fight Master Ratings still dissapoint...

6/27/13 7:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ATLien
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm enjoying the show so far.
6/27/13 7:48 PM
Steve4192
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL

Same old story, same old song-and-dance from MMALOGIC.
6/27/13 8:02 PM
Lynchman
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smoogy - 

Within 100k viewers of some of the ratings that TUF 16 drew. I don't think they're at any more risk of being cancelled than TUF is.

TUF 16 was considered a disaster and convinced Fox to move it off Fridays.

If they can get the numbers up to 700k, I think it would be seen as ok. The problem with these numbers is that it was hoped the show could help Bellator increase it's overall audience and create new stars like early TUF shows did. With audiences this small, it will have very little impact on the visibility of the company.
6/27/13 8:03 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/27/13 8:04 PM
smth416 - 
Stipe - Those numbers actually seem pretty good to me.
Spike could beat those numbers with reruns of anything.

How can you spin 550,000 people watching at that time on a channel that over 90 million get? Phone Post

yep... spike averaged 700k viewers last week airing mostly reruns.  550k viewers on primetime wednesday night is aweful. 

There's nothing else on TV except reruns.  550k for a first run program is atrocious. 

6/27/13 8:07 PM
MMALOGIC

smoogy - 

Within 100k viewers of some of the ratings that TUF 16 drew. I don't think they're at any more risk of being cancelled than TUF is.

Let's do a 1 year screen name bet.  I bet there's no second season.

6/27/13 8:12 PM
MMALOGIC

CindyO - 

Yeah, but wasn't there like some kind of game or something on this week, too?

Cindy

Nothing on except mostly reruns... take a look at the top 100 cable programs for that night:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/06/27/wednesday-cable-ratings-royal-pains-wins-night-necesaary-roughness-franklin-bash-futurama-toddlers-tiaras-more/189291/

6/27/13 8:27 PM
time traveling 12er
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lynchman - 
smoogy - 

If they can get the numbers up to 700k, I think it would be seen as ok. The problem with these numbers is that it was hoped the show could help Bellator increase it's overall audience and create new stars like early TUF shows did. With audiences this small, it will have very little impact on the visibility of the company.

That's not at all how it happened. Fox was fine with those numbers because it was on a difficult night for original programming. The reason it was moved was because Zuffa was unhappy with the numbers and wanted a better spot.
6/27/13 8:27 PM
(Mike Oxslong)
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -
CindyO - 

Cindy

Nothing on except mostly reruns... take a look at the top 100 cable programs for that night:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/06/27/wednesday-cable-ratings-royal-pains-wins-night-necesaary-roughness-franklin-bash-futurama-toddlers-tiaras-more/189291/

Toddlers and tiaras beat them ahahahahaha ...

Sn at least there up from last week ... I hope bellator makes it ... Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 8:34 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -

Cindy

Sarcasm? Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 8:37 PM
chawkins
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched a couple of episodes recently. The show is decent so far. I'm curious to see hoe it looks once everyone is in a camp and has started the tournament.

That said, I feel conflicted. The show is good enough to watch, but I kind-of don't want to support Bellator due to how shady they're being with Eddie Alvarez.

I'll probably catch an episode here and there if I happen upon it, but I'm not going to be a regular viewer, for certain. It makes me sick the way Alvarez is being screwed.
6/27/13 8:44 PM
Chris27

smoogy - 

and that was considered an absolute disaster and a complete flop when they were doing 650k, people were calling for the show to be killed at that point.

So how is doing 100k less than that good?  Also they bounced back cause TUF is a proven show that has 17 seasons under its belt and a fanbase.  Fight Master doesnt have that.

6/27/13 8:47 PM
Haadogei

Major pet peeve is edited fights. Not sure if that was just for episode 1 or all of it. missed the 2nd one.....

I refused to keep watching Best of Pride back in 07-08 because they cut out half the fight. Same goes for The Contender boxing show. What a joke, the fight cut down to a few minutes with meat slapping sound effects. Even the last TUF had an odd cam effect that made me bail on the whole season.

6/27/13 8:48 PM
Haadogei

and another thing.....you have to be a real a-hole to think that Iron Ring wasn't the best mma tv show of all time. That's the gold standard.
6/27/13 8:50 PM
Chris27

Bellator Fan - It's a better show than TUF Phone Post 3.0

Its a very similar show to TUF it just has 4 coaches instead of two, isntead of Jones/Sonnen or Rashad/Page bickering at each other you have Frank and Warren with Randy and Jackson doing it.

Other than that the show is basically the same.  It comes down to what you like, I think the way TUF 17 was is better than this but the real show hasnt started yet.  Thats where we will see how much different it is.

Right now its the same, cage in a warehouse/gym, fighters fight to get into the house, coaches evaluate, they live and train together, fighters fight at the end for a contract/tournament spot.

6/27/13 9:15 PM
MMALOGIC

duckhuntgangsta - 
MMALOGIC -
smoogy - 

Damn, shit just got real.

LOGIC have you ever done a SN bet? Phone Post 3.0

never done one before.

6/27/13 9:21 PM
Lynchman
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time traveling 12er - 
Lynchman - 
smoogy - 

That's not at all how it happened. Fox was fine with those numbers because it was on a difficult night for original programming. The reason it was moved was because Zuffa was unhappy with the numbers and wanted a better spot.

I recall Meltzer talking about the lowest numbers of 16 had Fox agreeing with the UFC that it was being hurt by the night.

They had, prior to season 16, agreed to look at moving it to another night if things did not improve. But in season 16, both sides were concerned with the lowest of the lows.
6/27/13 9:22 PM
MMALOGIC

time traveling 12er - 
Lynchman - 
smoogy - 

I think that's what Dana wanted everyone to believe because he didnt want it to seem like a failure.  What was true though is that FX didnt really care because they were just a placeholder until FS1 launched.  

But during tuf 16 I think even Fox realized this franchise could get killed off in the friday night timeslot before fs1 even launches.

More importantly, Tuf was on a friday night.  while Fightmaster is on the historical best timeslot for an mma reality show.  Byork must be waking up in cold sweats regarding the friday night move.

6/27/13 9:22 PM
Winston Wolf

12SixElbow - 

Your last four threads.

Fight Master Ratings still dissapoint... MMALOGIC UnderGround Forum 0 minutes ago
12SixElbow
7 145
Bellator Flops on Spike... only 450k viewers. MMALOGIC UnderGround Forum 20 hours ago
TeamRenzo4Life
347 24892
Bellator Fails to make top 100 cable programs MMALOGIC UnderGround Forum 5 days ago
Kim Jong Uno
76 5008
Bellator needs to be College Football, not USFL MMALOGIC UnderGround Forum 26 days ago
gage949
9 354

wow
6/27/13 9:25 PM
Winston Wolf

keep posting hating jelous threads and I will watch the rerun too
6/27/13 10:04 PM
Chris27

Bellator Fan - 
Winston Wolf -
12SixElbow - 

Your last four threads.

Fight Master Ratings still dissapoint... MMALOGIC UnderGround Forum 0 minutes ago
12SixElbow
7 145
Bellator Flops on Spike... only 450k viewers. MMALOGIC UnderGround Forum 20 hours ago
TeamRenzo4Life
347 24892
Bellator Fails to make top 100 cable programs MMALOGIC UnderGround Forum 5 days ago
Kim Jong Uno
76 5008
Bellator needs to be College Football, not USFL MMALOGIC UnderGround Forum 26 days ago
gage949
9 354

wow
Loser Phone Post 3.0

Out of the last 18 threads you made 11 were about Bellator and all of them were riding Bellators nuts.

Your name is also Bellator Fan. 

6/27/13 11:22 PM
TheMessiah

What did you expect Ultimate Fighter numbers??

Show seems like they are doing good for a few episodes! Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 11:34 PM
Chris27

TheMessiah - What did you expect Ultimate Fighter numbers??

Show seems like they are doing good for a few episodes! Phone Post 3.0

I actually thought they would do more than the live events since it fits in with Spikes reality programming.

But they messed up not putting it on Thurs after TNA to keep viewers.

I figured atlesat 700-800k a week.

6/28/13 12:42 AM
MostLegit
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -

Your last four threads.

12SixElbow
7 145
TeamRenzo4Life
347 24892
Kim Jong Uno
76 5008
gage949
9 354

This is very pathetic. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 12:43 AM
MostLegit

Reed Rothchild -
MMALOGIC -
smoogy - 

I'll be your huckleberry! Phone Post 3.0
I wish I could vote you up. Or be your huckleberry. Either way. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 12:56 AM
time traveling 12er
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator Fan - MMALOGIC's "dead in 2 years" guarantee was a complete flop and his "no 2nd season" prediction will be more of the same. Phone Post 3.0

If you're so sure you should take MMALOGIC up on his bet. This is probably just one of your accounts anyways right?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.