UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fight Master Ratings still dissapoint...

6/28/13 6:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JerodR
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/28/13 6:20 PM
The UFC needs other people out there, and frankly a bit of competition. Some competition is usually good for business and allows you to really show why you believe your product is better.

Honestly I don't want Bellator to fail because it is nice to have options as an MMA fan. However, I think I am being realistic when I say they will never be the UFC. The UFC and MMA kind of go hand in hand at this point with the mainstream. The UFC is the Xerox, Kleenex, or Jacuzzi of mixed martial arts. Just as there is a place for TNA, but they will never be the WWE, there is also a place for Bellator but they will never be the UFC.
6/28/13 6:45 PM
smth416
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium -
smth416 - 
Stipe - Those numbers actually seem pretty good to me.
Spike could beat those numbers with reruns of anything.

How can you spin 550,000 people watching at that time on a channel that over 90 million get? Phone Post

90 million households actually. And no, they couldn't, and they almost never do.

Do you have any idea what most fucking shows get on a given tier of network in a given timeslot? No? Then shut the fuck up. The UFC put actual cards on Fuel TV that were available in 36 million homes and barely got a better viewership percentage than a late-night B-League reality show. Not to mention TUF 15 doing equally bad on FX. Wow, the UFC must fucking suck, right? I mean it's not like there are any other factors at play in things, right? Except there are a million other factors and your comment is retarded as fuck.

I generally shit all over Bellator but honestly, they did extremely well for their timeslot considering they had no lead-in this time. I'm actually shocked they went up from last week without said lead-in, I mean the show isn't bad but it isn't _that_ good, and it's clear they're editing shit to show the picks out of order, and I expected it to do 300,000-350,000 viewers and they exceeded that considerably.

So, yeah I'll give Bellator credit where it's due, this number is actually somewhat impressive.

Yeah whatever. They knocked it out of the park Gotcha. I'm sure Viacom is preparing contracts for season two Phone Post
6/28/13 6:47 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - "Fight Master ratings up 26% in a single week," IMO.

They've only shown two episodes. It's a little premature to start sounding the death knell. AFAIK the entire first season of TUF did poorly until the live finale.

Viacom intends to take a large piece of the billion dollar plus MMA industry, and they're not going to give up easily IMO.

The show has some good talent, too. That Brazilian guy at the end looked awesome.

the first tuf season did very well.  the season averaged over 1.5 million viewers without the finale.

6/28/13 6:51 PM
MMALOGIC

Reed Rothchild - I see the OP is scared... Where you at? Phone Post 3.0

scared of what?  go buy yourself a blue name you cheap fuck and then ill consider the SN bet with you.  I challenged smoogy, not you.

6/28/13 6:51 PM
JerodR
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Viacom will always be there going after the UFC. Regardless of what the UFC is doing at the end of the day Viacom is in business to make money. If they can't make a solid go at it, sooner or later they will close Bellator up or sell it. They aren't funding it for the passion of MMA, they are funding it with the intent to make money. They may last, they may not, but don't think that just because Viacom has a lot of money that they will always be there nipping at the UFC.
6/28/13 7:03 PM
Chris27

Reed Rothchild - 
CindyO -
Pitbull3744 - 

Shocking to see Cindy here kissing the UFC's ass again hoping Bellator fails.  Why are you even here you contribute nothing, all you do is defend everything the UFC does even if its wrong.  You are a complete waste of a poster.  Oh and you dont need to keep writing your name at the bottom it doesnt make you seem anymore official.  Loser. 

*snickers* You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?

Cindy

But Cindy is the dumbest cunt on the UG Phone Post 3.0

Your mother raised you well.

6/28/13 7:16 PM
Steve4192
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - "Fight Master ratings up 26% in a single week," IMO.

They've only shown two episodes. It's a little premature to start sounding the death knell. AFAIK the entire first season of TUF did poorly until the live finale.

Viacom intends to take a large piece of the billion dollar plus MMA industry, and they're not going to give up easily IMO.

The show has some good talent, too. That Brazilian guy at the end looked awesome.

TUF 1 actually did pretty decent ratings for that era of SpikeTV. The Leben-Koscheck fight in particular did very strong numbers.
6/28/13 7:52 PM
Tom O'Bedlam
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reed Rothchild - 
CindyO -
Pitbull3744 - 

Shocking to see Cindy here kissing the UFC's ass again hoping Bellator fails.  Why are you even here you contribute nothing, all you do is defend everything the UFC does even if its wrong.  You are a complete waste of a poster.  Oh and you dont need to keep writing your name at the bottom it doesnt make you seem anymore official.  Loser. 

Cindy

Now we also know who is the token little bitch.

VTFD
6/28/13 10:17 PM
TopGrinder

epic hero - Does this guy get paid for this shit or what?
He has to be. Would explain the intense fervor this dudes got Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 10:35 PM
Korpiklaani

that sounds like good ratings, i think its a good show, neat idea and keeps me watching
6/28/13 11:26 PM
Lynchman
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reed Rothchild - 
CindyO -
Pitbull3744 - 

Cindy

What a classy reply. Your use of logic and clever wording was just brilliant.
6/28/13 11:31 PM
Lynchman

The fact that they gained 100k viewers is a very positive sign.

That said, Spike's prime time average is 700k. Any original programming that does less than that is poor.
6/29/13 2:56 AM
Il Duce
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -
Reed Rothchild - I see the OP is scared... Where you at? Phone Post 3.0

scared of what?  go buy yourself a blue name you cheap fuck and then ill consider the SN bet with you.  I challenged smoogy, not you.

Damn bro, weren't you a mud for a while? Or were you protesting or something of a higher and noble nature? Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 12:02 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hated uncensored just because that douche Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 3:52 PM
thatcpjguy

SE555 -

catch-22 imo

bellator will never go away now, blaf laid the guantlet by denying the obvious that the ufc's success is due to viacom and that "dumont" the fake french man should take credit. the catch-22 is so long as ufc appears successful so will viacom via bellator continue to chase them and enjoy the phenom of mma created by the ufc. they got the deeper pockets obviously and can outlast the ufc 5 10 50 100 rounds if necessary. the catch 22 is regardless how long it takes they'll be on the ufc's heels, and if and when they take over, it will mean the ufc has collapsed (which is sooner rather than later). ufc can't win this one :-(

Lol you really think bellator or Viacom have a chance? Casuals don't even know what MMA is but think that UFC is a sport, not an organization.

The sport itself will die before Viacom catches UFC. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 4:18 PM
MMALOGIC

doerksenfan - 
MMALOGIC - 
doerksenfan - Not that I watch any of these reality shows, but an increase from the prior week considering there was no live lead-in can't be too bad.

If they start plateauing around 550K for the next MONTH, then you've got a problem. Right now, not so much.

id rather have 432k and blame the nhl than 550k and nothing to blame.

Okay, so no there's no hockey next week. If Fight Master is @ 650K for the next show, is it:

Success?
Still Disappointing?
Or Failure?

there's no show next week because of july 4th... but if the following week they pull 650k i would say that's good.  Mostly because the trend is shooting up.  650k may not be great for original programming for primetime on spike, but the continuous up trend will be a very good sign. 

Ultimately they will need an audience of over 700k and I would say around 800k to survive long term on a primetime slot.

If the debut is at 432k and you have to blame a measly 6.5m viewers on network tv it's dead on arrival.  They pulled 550k with virtually nothing else on tv.  The likelihood of the audience growing to 700k or 800k is extremely low... but if the next show pulls 650k then it's very possible.

6/29/13 5:19 PM
Winston Wolf

show was excellent who the heck u kidding
6/29/13 11:08 PM
Gator Choke
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pull No Punches Media, Host/Ring Announcer

As others have pointed out, a 113,000 upswing is a good thing.

The biggest problems this show faces off the bat are two fold. One is the fact that casual fans are just getting familiarized with Bellator and realizing the UFC isn't the only dog in town. Bringing in recognizable names like Randy Couture and Rampage Jackson willl aide their growth in fan popularity; however they're still very much growing in that avenue. Then, you have those who immediately cast this show off as a TUF knockoff. By no means is 550,000 viewers something to be excited about; however I'd also like to think Viacom has gone so far in to the taping, promoting and development of this show that they're not standing by waiting to pull the plug yet. Whether we see a season 2 of Fight Master really is to be determined.There's still quite a bit of episodes yet to be shown. If the numbers continue to rise, and get around the 650-700k mark; it's not unrealistic to see them call for a Season 2. I think if they continue to heavily promote and word continues to get out, it's not far fetched to think these numbers won't be reached. 

6/29/13 11:11 PM
Gator Choke
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pull No Punches Media, Host/Ring Announcer

And for the record, I'm neither a schill for the UFC, nor a UFC "hater." I am a fan of the sport as a whole, think competition is a good thing, and feel that there is plenty of room for a #2 promotion. I don't see any shame in appreciating both promotions (as well as WSOF, Legacy, Invicta and the other promotions that have gained notoriety)  for what they are and what they have to offer.

7/18/13 8:46 AM
Winston Wolf

OP is paid posters who almost always backfire
7/18/13 9:12 AM
Hurt Bottom

Winston Wolf - OP is paid posters who almost always backfire

wut
7/18/13 10:16 AM
Glovegate

CindyO - 
Pitbull3744 - 

Cindy

Is this supposed to be clever?  Everything he said about you is correct.

Cindy

7/18/13 10:33 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They have gone up 100k+ every week, lets see today if episode 4 continues the trend
7/18/13 11:06 AM
i remember halloween

I watched Fight Master last night for the first time on TV (I caught up watching the first 3 on Spike.com) and it was entertaining.  It isn't the most riveting MMA I'v ever seen and I don't think it tells a personal story nearly as well as TUF 17, but it was worth watching.  I will watch it again.  If I miss an episode here or there I won't be too upset, but I scheduled my DVR to record the series.

I find Greg Jackson really annoying during the fights though.  He tries way too hard to influence the judges by throwing out his fraudulant praise during the fights.  Several times Travers got punched in the face and looked like he was Corky from Life Goes On trying to do the limbo and Greg Jackson was yelling out how great he was looking and that he was somehow winning the times even when he was getting hit and not returning fire.  I have a lot of respect for what Jackson does to prepare guys for fights, but not so much during the fights now.

7/18/13 11:13 AM
crowbar
742 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see people are talking about Greg jackson trying to influence the judges,but what about the guy that always yells HEY! when a good strike lands? Especially the leg kicks.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.