UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Celebrity grappling standouts

6/28/13 7:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BluesBrother
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why Joe Rogan's name hasn't been brought up more i dont know. But does anyone actually know how legit he is? i know he got his BB recently so i know he's good, but compared to high level grapplers how does he fair?
6/28/13 7:46 PM
[OGTT]naughtiiDawg
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doc T -
88samurai88 - Phone Post 3.0
I'm sad it took so long to mention :( Phone Post 3.0
3rd poster said what? Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 7:47 PM
[OGTT]naughtiiDawg
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BluesBrother - Why Joe Rogan's name hasn't been brought up more i dont know. But does anyone actually know how legit he is? i know he got his BB recently so i know he's good, but compared to high level grapplers how does he fair?
Did you read all the post? You only read first 2 post and the last page?

Smfh Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 7:57 PM
MieshaTatesSideBoob
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That kid from Jerry Maguire trains... Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 8:07 PM
crowbar
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/28/13 8:06 PM

Over 10 years at Jonathan Burke's Gracie Gym in Orlando.

6/28/13 8:18 PM
Fedor219
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

88samurai88 - Phone Post 3.0
Best Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 8:19 PM
ChaosOverkill
623 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JFC1001 - 
ChaosOverkill -

Harley Flannagan from the Cro-mags is a black belt under one of the Gracies

Didn't he go nutso in a club a while back and stab someone? Something crazy that he will see jail time for. Phone Post 3.0

Charges were dropped

6/28/13 8:43 PM
Jaybrone
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jiujitsumma -
boxing wiz - I hate to call him a celebrity, but isn't Spencer Pratt supposed to be pretty legit in BJJ?

Legit? Try World Class homeboy. Spencer is far and away the best celebrity black belt. In fact, I have rolled with some of the best mundial level guys and Spencer tapped me more than any of them.
Better than rogan? Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 8:56 PM
SolomonGrundy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 9:14 PM
SQUEEZIE

Momentum - In a celebrity grappling tournaments, I would probably put my money on Joe Rogan. It would be interesting for the UFC to put on a celebrity grappling superfight on one of the PPVVs. It might draw in some new fans even though it is only one aspect of MMA. It would certainly increase my interest in watching a PPV but maybe others feel differently.

ive been saying this for years...or throw one freak show fight on the card between celebs who have beef.talk about entertainment.
6/28/13 10:30 PM
quality

SQUEEZIE - 
Momentum - In a celebrity grappling tournaments, I would probably put my money on Joe Rogan. It would be interesting for the UFC to put on a celebrity grappling superfight on one of the PPVVs. It might draw in some new fans even though it is only one aspect of MMA. It would certainly increase my interest in watching a PPV but maybe others feel differently.

ive been saying this for years...or throw one freak show fight on the card between celebs who have beef.talk about entertainment.

Wesley Snipes has been out for a few months... Dana make it happen.
6/28/13 11:34 PM
flowwiththego
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andre Galvoa posted a picture on his Instagram yesterday of Usher and himself after training. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 12:02 AM
Fayz187

From what I´ve heard Ed Oneill just rolls with younger; less experienced guys. Seems to me thats another case of famous people gettin the easy way
6/29/13 12:16 AM
Jack Skellington
821 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fayz187 - From what I´ve heard Ed Oneill just rolls with younger; less experienced guys. Seems to me thats another case of famous people gettin the easy way

Took him 16 yrs to get his black belt
6/29/13 12:30 AM
genDAV
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Skellington -

Steve Iwrin was a bjj lover too, his former rolling/sparring partner was the UFC's Kyle Noke. Steve had his own gym built at the Queensland Zoo he ownes/owned

had no idea. That's awesome Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 12:44 AM
quality

crowbar - 

Over 10 years at Jonathan Burke's Gracie Gym in Orlando.

Even on his first day of class it would be rough to grapple with someone that size.
6/29/13 12:47 AM
waylonuranus
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think Pavel Bure should be mentioned. Former pro hockey player started bjj after he retired under the Vallente bros.

http://www.graciemag.com/2012/11/pavel-the-rocket-bure-a-bjj-purple-belt-in-hockey-hall-of-fame/

blue?
6/29/13 12:56 AM
Captain america
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Skellington -

Steve Iwrin was a bjj lover too, his former rolling/sparring partner was the UFC's Kyle Noke. Steve had his own gym built at the Queensland Zoo he ownes/owned

VTFU.

I now respect Irwin more now. Is that even possible? May he RIP Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 1:15 AM
kulprt
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Michael Westbrook not only ex-NFL 1 st round draft pick, but competed at the elite level in bjj has his black now. He has won national and Pan-American events as a brown belt. In 2008 he won the International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation ("IBJJF") World Championship at brown belt. Say he the most legit. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 1:18 AM
BobbyBoston
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bryan callen does martial arts I do not know his rank and what he does. Michael Jai White is a beast in many forms Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 2:12 AM
tiger07
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

drewmorais - 
Farthammer - I assume most celebrities get the majority of their work in private lessons. Is someone who goes up the ranks through private lessons as legit as someone who goes up the ranks in regular open classes?

In other words, is a purple belt that is given to a celebrity as legit as a purple belt given to a regular person? Also, I wonder how many celebrities are given belts in order to give the gym publicity (if any).

Anyone have insight on this?
If that's true ..then happened to the respect of the sport and actually earning your way up the ranks Phone Post

Yep, have often wondered the same thing.
6/29/13 2:17 AM
quality

BobbyBoston - Bryan callen does martial arts I do not know his rank and what he does. Michael Jai White is a beast in many forms Phone Post 3.0

I want to believe that Michael Jai White is a beast in all forms since I like his movies but where's the proof?
6/29/13 2:59 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Putin Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 3:38 AM
Gareth80
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - Harley's going to be fine with that case. He's a BB under Renzo and teaches at Renzo's.

Sean Patrick Flannery is thought to be the best celeb BJJ practitioner by far.

People who have rolled with Guy Ritchie say that he's really good

Shannon Briggs is a purple belt, Bieber is a blue and IIRC Shaq is a blue or purple. Imagine noob Spazz Shaq? Nightmare.

I'm sure Guy Ritchie is at least a brown belt under Renzo
6/29/13 4:15 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacks Wasted Life -
jiujitsumma -
boxing wiz - I hate to call him a celebrity, but isn't Spencer Pratt supposed to be pretty legit in BJJ?

Legit? Try World Class homeboy. Spencer is far and away the best celebrity black belt. In fact, I have rolled with some of the best mundial level guys and Spencer tapped me more than any of them.
Hi Spencer! Phone Post
Lol Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.