UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage: UFC hated me for KOing Liddell

6/27/13 9:37 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Since announcing a new contract with Bellator FC, Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson has not been shy about airing greivances with his former employer, the UFC. Today in an interview with Bleacher Report, Jackson revealed what he believes to the source of his problems with the UFC;

"Dana White really wanted me because I was the last guy Chuck (Liddell) wanted to get his revenge on," Jackson explained when speaking to Bleacher Report. "Everybody was really nice to me, I'm telling you when I beat up Marvin Eastman, everybody, people behind the scenes at the UFC they're really like a big family. 

"Chuck was part of the family. They was all really nice to me, like a hog going to the slaughter, and then after I beat Chuck right away like 90 percent of them hated my guts. They didn't talk to me no more, they didn't smile at me when I came back there, it made me feel awkward."

read entire article...

6/27/13 9:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kings21
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive never seen someone handle so much success with such little dignity.
6/27/13 9:45 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

'They hated me'......

Get off charges with a slap on the wrist...

DoomFarmer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blah Blah Blah
ABE FROMAN
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe him, but I also think he talks too much.

6/27/13 9:46 PM
JohnnyChingas

Would not doubt it, just like Dana hated cain right after he destroyed brock and ended Brocktober. That was his cash cow at the time.
6/27/13 9:46 PM
AndrewBax

big_roy_fan - lol if they hated him they wouldn't have helped him with his legal troubles.

rampage just cries about everything after the fact, i bet after he is retired and out of bellator he'll complain about his time there too.
Chuck was Dana whites best mate obviously that's gonna make him dislike rampage for beating him the way he did, if Dana likes you then basically he's ur gf if he doesn't like u then he's ur gf but on their period. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 9:48 PM
Bruham
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Using that same logic, they probably loved him losing to Forrest Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 9:49 PM
Chris27

ABE FROMAN - 

They hated him which is why they paid him millions, put him on Spike, on big PPV, on TUF 2x, Fox etc. Bought him cars and helped him out etc.  Did they want Chuck to win?  Yes, cause he was a star and Dana's best friend but I dont think they hated him because he won. 

I dont think they liked him very much after the movie thing screwing them over at UFC 107.

6/27/13 9:50 PM
kinson

Dr Doom - Life is fascinating isn't it.

How one of the toughest men on the planet can simultaneously be one of the biggest crybabies on the planet.
This. Phone Post
6/27/13 9:52 PM
Agnt

I like rampage but honestly he needs to stfu
6/27/13 9:55 PM
epic hero

Chris27 - 
ABE FROMAN - 

They hated him which is why they paid him millions, put him on Spike, on big PPV, on TUF 2x, Fox etc. Bought him cars and helped him out etc.  Did they want Chuck to win?  Yes, cause he was a star and Dana's best friend but I dont think they hated him because he won. 

I dont think they liked him very much after the movie thing screwing them over at UFC 107.

He's a big name, doesn't mean they have to really like him on a personal level. Dana is an emotional guy who's not above getting a little butthurt if things don't go his way
6/27/13 9:55 PM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think you have to be insane to sign him after all of his BS.
6/27/13 9:56 PM
ABE FROMAN
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
ABE FROMAN - 

Are you saying Rampage made it up? It's either true or not true the way that they treated him 

He has a big name, he's going to get paid, they weren't doing him some kind of favor.

You're pretty much saying they treated him weird, and Rampage is sensitive, I believe he probably found himself on the outs.

I don't know who's fault that is, but it def was a personal issue between he and the UFC staff. 

I take issue with the fact that he seems to have excuses for almost every fight he has. He doesn't take fighting seriously.

6/27/13 10:01 PM
LILBROCK

Why do people say they took care of his legal troubles? I know they bailed him and out then they got that money back when he went to court, but what else did they do?

Does Dana have a lot of pull with the Orange County DA? Any source that they did anything to help his legal situations out or people just assuming?
6/27/13 10:07 PM
FloridaStriker

Just another statistic from Tennessee that guy is

No brighter than your average toothless drunken hick
6/27/13 10:08 PM
TheOneDylanThomas

How anyone is agreeing with Rampage here is beyond me.  Zuffa showed public support and stood by Rampage after his police chase debacle.  I mean, are the Page supporters here just not aware of this?  

6/27/13 10:10 PM
tylerstodghill

Lol Rampage is ridiculous. This guy will get beat in Bellator and cry about that too. He just needs to go straight to pro wrestling, he might be able to actually beat a wrestler there HA. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 10:11 PM
AlphaSlap
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't DW start is MMA career by managing Chuck?
6/27/13 10:14 PM
thatcpjguy

TheOneDylanThomas -

How anyone is agreeing with Rampage here is beyond me.  Zuffa showed public support and stood by Rampage after his police chase debacle.  I mean, are the Page supporters here just not aware of this?  

Completely agree. Dana went above and beyond with the amount of support he have rampage. Rampage wants to blame everyone else but himself for his failures. If he trained hard and won fights then he wouldn't have to spend so much time crying about zuffa management. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 10:17 PM
youarewhatiswrong
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 
Chris27 - 
ABE FROMAN - 

Are you saying Rampage made it up? It's either true or not true the way that they treated him 

He has a big name, he's going to get paid, they weren't doing him some kind of favor.

You're pretty much saying they treated him weird, and Rampage is sensitive, I believe he probably found himself on the outs.

I don't know who's fault that is, but it def was a personal issue between he and the UFC staff. 

I take issue with the fact that he seems to have excuses for almost every fight he has. He doesn't take fighting seriously.

Maybe they just didn't like him because he's an asshole?
6/27/13 10:21 PM
ChaosOverkill
568 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think there's two sides to every story but think the UFC was good to Rampage but after a certain point he was on the outside and no one had a man to man levelling it out talk with him and he just got more whiny

6/27/13 10:27 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 06/27/13 10:28 PM
ChaosOverkill - 

I think there's two sides to every story but think the UFC was good to Rampage but after a certain point he was on the outside and no one had a man to man levelling it out talk with him and he just got more whiny

That's how I see it. People keep saying that they don't understand agreeing with Rampage, it's almost never one way or the other. Nobody just starts hating everybody they work with for no reason, even if they're whiney. Somebody (and probably multiple people) didn't get along with Rampage for whatever reason, his answer was to start crying.

6/27/13 10:36 PM
1oldfart

this guy has complained about everything he's been involved in. pride, a-team, ufc.
if he thinks pro wrestling is going to be easy he has another thing coming. as soon as his body starts absorbing the punishment there he will be crying about that too.
he would be best not to say anything because he just looks like the biggest whiner the sport has ever seen.
6/27/13 10:38 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at this. UFC gave him as many chances and opportunities as anyone. Rampage just refuses to take responsibility for anything. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.