UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> No jail time for Guillard

6/27/13 11:49 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1072 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Melvin Guillard has lost four of his last five bouts in the Octagon, but not all of his troubles are in the cage. It was recently revealed that Guillard was facing assault charges and a failure to appear charge in New Mexico, however has recently cleared it up and been sentenced to probation:

Melissa Segura of SI.com reported Guillard's sentencing via Twitter:

UFC lightweight Melvin Guillard avoids jail time; sentenced to supervised probation through June 2015, community service and court fees.

Good news for Guillard here. A two year probation term, along with fines and community service, stands as a pretty mild sentence. He'll need to keep his nose clean throughout that time obviously, but he's free to keep fighting as long as it's in a sanctioned bout.

read entire article...

6/27/13 11:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL Guillard keeps his nose clean? The dude is an emotional wreck.
6/28/13 12:06 AM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Want to see Melvin be humble and get back on track in the octagon. Phone Post
6/28/13 12:16 AM
stickman
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully this is the motivation to cut out any BS from his life and become the best fighter he can.

I believe in Melvin that he's got the potential to do great things.
6/28/13 12:19 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Refuse to Lose -  Want to see Melvin be humble and get back on track in the octagon. Phone Post

lol keep dreaming

6/28/13 12:56 AM
angryguy
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've wondered what's been going on w him. A shame, too bad. I didn't like his attitude in the beginning. I thought those things were behind him. What happened? Phone Post
6/28/13 1:15 AM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gates of Janus - i don't know why this guy has any fans. he has always come off as real arrogant and he chokes in fights. he totally looks past opponents then gets choked out (see jim miller)

Well if you just base someone being a fan of his on his fighting then its not hard to see why he has fans. He's and exciting and quick power puncher that has the ability to end the fight at any moment. You could argue similar points on both sides for lets say Pat Barry. Good striker, fun to watch, most likely not going to fight for a title. The difference between the two and their fan base size I believe has everything to do with how they are outside of fighting. Melvin, while people enjoy seeing him fight, is a wreck outside of fighting and people generally dislike his personality. Still its not going to eliminate everyone's desire to see him knock dudes senseless.
6/28/13 1:22 AM
RickStorm
1629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

yeah, I wish this guy would stay out of trouble I enjoy watching him fight.

6/28/13 1:31 AM
da Vinci 81
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems every couple years we hear about Melvin straightening out and flying straight. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 8:40 AM
BrokeFitch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm always pumped to see him fight! hope he gets his shit together! Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 8:53 AM
Micheal McKenzietine

only thing he'll ever be remember for is breaking burkman's arm. nothing has changed with him since then
6/28/13 8:57 AM
Authority Figure

Still has the ability to completely shock the world and kick some serious ass. Hope it happens.

6/28/13 9:11 AM
ShawnTheBadger
426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of the very best genetics and physical gifts ever seen in the sport of MMA.

Cannot seem to get his personal life together and on track.

His mental focus seems to be his downfall, as it is with many fighters.

I still love rooting for Melvin.  I can empathize with his flawed character.

6/28/13 10:31 AM
Aaron Becker

lol @ keep his nose clean
6/28/13 10:35 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Melvin to Clemente : It aint ova it aint ova "

6/29/13 10:33 AM
rjhartman

No jail time......this time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.