UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gracie: Anderson Silva 'not a humble guy'

6/28/13 6:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NukSooCow
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do we all hate Ali now too because he clowned people? Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 6:38 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/28/13 6:40 PM
Kings21
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AshDoherty - 

Oh how have I never noticed that. Hilarious.

On topic...I think Renzo is right. Sure his own previous actions are far from humble but that doesnt mean he's wrong about Silva. I enjoy watching everything Silva does in his fights (barring his fights again Leites and Maia) and think his showmanship against Bonnar was awesome but to say he comes across as humble during the fight is laughable. He has his humble moments before and after fights and in interviews but he's not the first guy I'd think of when someone mentioned being humble.
6/28/13 6:41 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry Renzo but you're off the mark. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 6:42 PM
SiriusXM Fight Club
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/28/13 6:44 PM
ironyuppie - 

Nothing like the unvarnished truth from someone with no affiliation to either fighter.

I am super-curious to hear from these people:
- Anderson Silva's wife
- The Nogueira Brothers
- Ricardo Almeida
- Chris Weidman's College Roommate

Actually Matt Serra, Chris Weidman's coach  and mentor is the first man in the states I believe to be awarded a black belt by Renzo and Chris regularly travels into the city to train at Renzo's academy. So I think that counts as an affiliation  

6/28/13 6:45 PM
INDK
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo probably shouldn't be talking about being humble in the cage or ring. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 6:45 PM
Zaph
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SiriusXM Fight Club -
ironyuppie - 

Nothing like the unvarnished truth from someone with no affiliation to either fighter.

- Anderson Silva's wife
- The Nogueira Brothers
- Ricardo Almeida

Actually Matt Serra, Chris Weidman's coach  and mentor is the first man in the states I believe to be awarded a black belt by Renzo and Chris regularly travels into the city to train at Renzo's academy. So I think that counts as an affiliation  

There was sarcasm in that post somewhere. Phone Post
6/28/13 6:47 PM
eljamaiquino

INDK - Renzo probably shouldn't be talking about being humble in the cage or ring. Phone Post 3.0
Lol. Silva dances in the cage. Renzo spits on guys and steps on their heads. Gimme a break.... Phone Post
6/28/13 6:47 PM
88samurai88
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AshDoherty -

"He puts down his opponents." Your right renzo.... puts them down on their ASS, with kicks,knees and strikes...Shut up Renzo you look and sound like a whiney bitch complaining about the champ when your not even irrelevant anymore. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 6:48 PM
Brian Rule
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clearly Frank Shamrock's knees of death knocked a keen sense of humbleness into Renzo
6/28/13 6:49 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remember when he treated those guys like coins? Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 6:51 PM
Darth brooks

Chaelismyhero - Renzo speaks the truth.

Little know fact. Anderson was going to murder Rafael Cordeiro with a shotgun.
Thought it was an AK-47? I Loved cheal talking about being a gangster before their second fight. Then Anderson told that story. I Laughed. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 6:52 PM
pennviachoke
925 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vader03 - Renzo is 100 percent correct about anderson Phone Post 3.0
This

Despite anything Renzo did he is still right about AS imo. Phone Post
6/28/13 6:56 PM
Slobonmynog
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at the guy who spat at someone, kicked someone in the face when he wasn't even fighting and stood on someones neck after he had won talking about in ring antics.

That said, I love renzo and he can say whatever he wants... Phone Post
6/28/13 6:57 PM
ender852
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why should the greatest fighter to ever walk on this planet be humble?
Who gives a fuck?

Renzo is brash and not the slightest bit humble himself, not sure what he's trying to accomplish here. Phone Post
6/28/13 6:59 PM
Slobonmynog
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And anderson is a humble guy, but is leagues ahead of 99% of fighters so can afford to clown around.

Ppl are torn over anderson for some reason - some love what he can do, and others choose to shit on him at any given moment.

Ppl should just be grateful they are getting to see a true mma great fighting now. Much like jones. In 100 years time, these guys will still be talked about. Phone Post
6/28/13 7:01 PM
Protect Ya Neck

lol at Renzo and anyone backing him up on this.

This whole "Disrespect" thing people on this forumn latch onto is a JOKE.

"I don't like him because of how he treated Forrest and Bonnar"...it's like half the people on here don't understand ANYTHING about striking or competition in general.

this board is just as bad as sherdog! no doubt.
6/28/13 7:03 PM
GriffinQ
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SiriusXM Fight Club -
ironyuppie - 

- Anderson Silva's wife
- The Nogueira Brothers
- Ricardo Almeida

I think you may have missed the sarcasm dripping from that post.... Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 7:05 PM
Johnzandt

This from the guy who once stepped on the back of an opponents head
6/28/13 7:06 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

When has Anderson EVER spit on people or struck them after the bell Renzo?

What a silly person to be critical of how a fighter acts during a fight. Phone Post
6/28/13 7:09 PM
ShaqNoob
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo has been humble since Anderson was in his father's ball sack.
6/28/13 7:09 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

This is pure nonsense. Taunting opponents in the cage is part of a gameplan, and until Anderson grabs his cock like rashad did, spits on someone like Renzo did, or throws intentionally illegal strikes like Bisping or Kongo, I don't see an issue with it. Phone Post
6/28/13 7:11 PM
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

takes 1 to know 1

6/28/13 7:15 PM
TEX4N
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 7:16 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, renzo stomped marquart when cornering, he's done some questionable stuff as well, and it is no shame, it was a different era.

about anderson, it is true Silva likes to completely demolish his opponents and he's done mostly in a shocking fashion.

His behavior in the Maia fight was out of line thought, (and Leites) he's been speaking by annihilating his opponents instead of clowning since then, and I can respect that!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.