UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gracie: Anderson Silva 'not a humble guy'

6/28/13 8:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're both insanse competitiors that cross the line but I have heard Renzo back away from disrespect where as Anderson seems to never think anything he does is remotely bad.

I'm stilla  fan of both but I would never expect Anderson to be hunble in the slightest.

6/28/13 8:39 PM
inf0
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

r_o_y - somebody post the picture of silva knocking down forrest and than offering his hand to help him get up...

i'm not sure what renzo is talking about. the only time silva was a douche was during the maia fight. dude just went nuts in that fight.

i'm just really sick of fighters talking shit about other fighters. why can't renzo just take the high ground? sometimes these fighters talk about each other like it's high school or something.

The Diaz brothers only take the high ground.. but seriously, I wish more would.

6/28/13 8:40 PM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subtle Hate looks like blatant hate. Phone Post
6/28/13 8:52 PM
mijo

Renzo Gracie vs Ben Spijkers

Renzo should respectfully be quite!
6/28/13 9:03 PM
I LOVE GSP

NukSooCow - Do we all hate Ali now too because he clowned people? Phone Post 3.0

no I hate him because of how he treated Joe Frazier.
in addition to his persona.
6/28/13 9:28 PM
dermotfix
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Y'all asking to get racooned by Renzo.

Here's some gifs of RJJ for comparison. You can see where AS got his swag...

Straight up swagger jacker...

Just kidding... but it is quite a homage to Roy.

God damn he was good.

6/28/13 9:47 PM
Cann
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can kind of see what Renzo is saying here. Watching the Forrest Griffin vs Anderson Silva fight you can see why he says Silva is disrespectful to his opponents.
6/28/13 9:53 PM
UGCTT_Dinamita
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A bunch bitches in this thread

Why the highly skilled fighter making a lesser skilled fighter look bad waaaaa waaaa Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 9:56 PM
OGT
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - Not many would agree I guess, but I thought the behaviour in the Bonnar fight was disgraceful, given how far down the ladder Bonnar was.
Absolutely. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it entertaining though, but certainly disrespectful, I'd say the Forrest fight was as well. Phone Post
6/28/13 10:10 PM
SiriusXM Fight Club

Zaph - 
SiriusXM Fight Club -
ironyuppie - 

Nothing like the unvarnished truth from someone with no affiliation to either fighter.

I am super-curious to hear from these people:
- Anderson Silva's wife
- The Nogueira Brothers
- Ricardo Almeida
- Chris Weidman's College Roommate

Actually Matt Serra, Chris Weidman's coach  and mentor is the first man in the states I believe to be awarded a black belt by Renzo and Chris regularly travels into the city to train at Renzo's academy. So I think that counts as an affiliation  

There was sarcasm in that post somewhere. Phone Post

I am shot. I will head to the emergency room so I can get this foot surgically removed from my mouth. I am down voting myself for this one LOL

6/28/13 10:11 PM
BruceWayne23
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right. Because Renzo is captain fucking humble.
6/28/13 10:12 PM
OGT

Side note.

Most humble fighter ever = Fedor.

But you already know this. Phone Post
6/28/13 10:43 PM
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because we are all going to get to know Anderson real well. Why do I care if he is a nice guy or an asshole. I pay to watch him fight, not hear is opinion on things, or watch how he treats people.

Incredible. Renzo has to get involved to promote this fight. They can paint this thing however they want but Weidman is a HUGE underdog and Anderson should get through this relatively easily. Anyone who thinks Weidman has a better shot of turning this into a wrestling match than Chael or Dan Henderson did needs to stop smoking crack.
6/28/13 10:45 PM
studiocamp
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo stepping on someone's neck after the fight was over is one of the most disrespectful moments in modern combat sports.

It really would hold some weight if it came from almost any other Gracie.
6/28/13 10:49 PM
dchi07

studiocamp - Renzo stepping on someone's neck after the fight was over is one of the most disrespectful moments in modern combat sports.

He also spit on Oyama in Pride. Pot meet kettle.
6/28/13 10:51 PM
I LOVE GSP

he's just saying what we all said a few years ago. I don't see the problem.
6/28/13 10:52 PM
88samurai88
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_BlahBreh - ^ lol ya YOUR NOT EVEN IRRELEVANT RENZO!!! NOT EVEN IRRELEVANT! *slams keyboard*
Oh sorry you're
Looks like both of you are ALSO whiney little bitches as well... Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 11:21 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - Can't we just watch the fight without the unnecessary bullsh*t hype?
Agree Phone Post
6/28/13 11:22 PM
Darth Ryase
1431 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - Not many would agree I guess, but I thought the behaviour in the Bonnar fight was disgraceful, given how far down the ladder Bonnar was.
I guarantee if any of the other champions got to fight the 20th ranked opponent in their division, they wouldn't showboat like that. Phone Post
6/28/13 11:23 PM
Michael Chase

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - This is pure nonsense. Taunting opponents in the cage is part of a gameplan, and until Anderson grabs his cock like rashad did, spits on someone like Renzo did, or throws intentionally illegal strikes like Bisping or Kongo, I don't see an issue with it. Phone Post
. Phone Post
6/28/13 11:28 PM
AgedCaviar
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's cool to hock loogies at opponents though, right? Phone Post
6/28/13 11:38 PM
Winston Wolf
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

studiocamp - Renzo stepping on someone's neck after the fight was over is one of the most disrespectful moments in modern combat sports.

if u knew the back story which has been explained 100 times maybe u would understand that Spikkers kept calling Renzos phone the night before fight saying he will make him his GF
6/28/13 11:45 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He might be humble, he might not be humble.

Either way, unless he does something unsportsmanlike in the cage (which he hasn't), then there's no real way of knowing.

Can't judge a guy's personality based on the way he fights. If you could, then Wanderlei Silva would be a fucking asshole in real life.

6/28/13 11:49 PM
EdTheGreat

Anyone got the gif for this?
6/28/13 11:53 PM
mrgoodarmbar
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

some of the disrespect on this thread to Renzo is ridiculous.

I think AS walks the fine line. He's just so damn good that I think his ppv numbers suffer and he feels the need to clown his opponents for the entertainment factor. However, for those of us who have kids and knowing that they emulate athletes, we do care about winning the right way.

BTW... "not even irrelevant" <> "not even relevant" or "are irrelevant"
so to the guy that used the online dictionary...you are not even as unsmart are you don't think you aren't... "irregardless" of the definition.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.