UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gracie: Anderson Silva 'not a humble guy'

6/28/13 11:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kid Charlemagne
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/28/13 11:55 PM
88samurai88 -
UGCTT_BlahBreh - ^ lol ya YOUR NOT EVEN IRRELEVANT RENZO!!! NOT EVEN IRRELEVANT! *slams keyboard*
Oh sorry you're
Looks like both of you are ALSO whiney little bitches as well... Phone Post 3.0

6/29/13 12:05 AM
LILBROCK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - 
studiocamp - Renzo stepping on someone's neck after the fight was over is one of the most disrespectful moments in modern combat sports.

It really would hold some weight if it came from almost any other Gracie.

if u knew the back story which has been explained 100 times maybe u would understand that Spikkers kept calling Renzos phone the night before fight saying he will make him his GF

And what would you want to do to someone who annoyed and disrespected you? Kick the shit out of them? Well, Renzo was locked in a cage and given the green light to legally beat his ass. Not sure how any grown man can defend another grown man for spitting on someone in that scenario.
6/29/13 12:07 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AshDoherty -

Instantly thought of this when I read title. VU Phone Post
6/29/13 12:19 AM
pheonix5
660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/29/13 12:20 AM

When these guy's step in the cage/ring their in a different mindset anyway. You have to be at your most competitive winningest mindset because everything is on the line. Not just the title but also your livelihood. You can be the most humble guy in the world outside the ring, but once you step in there,there's another guy trying to tear your head off. The fact that Anderson can even clown these guy's shows how  good he really is. It just shows me what another level he's on. Part of the game is to try and discourage or break the other person's will. Wrestler's do it with the grind, Anderson does it with his striking. Imagine how frustrating it is not be able to hit somebody. I remember Roberto Duran throwing in the towel because he couldn't hit Sugar Ray. Also who's to say that Anderson isn't saving up all that emotion from the guy's talking shit to unleash it when he steps in the cage ? Kind of like "talk your shit now because when we step in the cage we'll see who the better man is."

If a guy  does illegal stuff in the ring over and over on purpose then we all know what kind of person he is. Anderson just school's MF'ers.

6/29/13 12:24 AM
pheonix5
660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/29/13 12:25 AM

6/29/13 12:25 AM
guardbr8kr

WAR GSP !!!
6/29/13 12:32 AM
HandsomeTopTeam
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo stepping on the back of Ben Spikerz head after he won. Kicking Nate Natquadt in the face in a fight he wasn't even in.
6/29/13 12:49 AM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OGT -
B_Goetz - Not many would agree I guess, but I thought the behaviour in the Bonnar fight was disgraceful, given how far down the ladder Bonnar was.
Absolutely. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it entertaining though, but certainly disrespectful, I'd say the Forrest fight was as well. Phone Post
Okay so he tried to help forest up by offering his hand, used head movement to basically whip his ass and then forest ran out of the cage and headed home....

But Silva was disrespectful?

Eye We Todd Id Phone Post
6/29/13 12:56 AM
pheonix5

MMA Lives Here - 
pheonix5 -

Wow at both this and the spitting gif.

Probably the worst two displays of bad sportsmanship I've seen in MMA. Phone Post

That was his first fight in the states. I guess he was still in NHB Brazil mode. To his credit, he hugged and shook every other fighter's hand after that. The spiting one I had never seen,that was pretty shitty.

6/29/13 12:59 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pheonix5 -
MMA Lives Here - 
pheonix5 -

Wow at both this and the spitting gif.

Probably the worst two displays of bad sportsmanship I've seen in MMA. Phone Post

That was his first fight in the states. I guess he was still in NHB Brazil mode. To his credit, he hugged and shook every other fighter's hand after that. The spiting one I had never seen,that was pretty shitty.

Hug or not, that's still pretty shitty too. Phone Post
6/29/13 1:10 AM
ManWithTheIronFists
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He also kicked Nate Marquardt in the face after Nate's match against Almeida. Although Nate did punch Ricardo in the face after the bell still pretty dirty on Renzo's part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Tbrp7mN4c
6/29/13 1:12 AM
subwrassler
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi -  Ali, Jordan, tyson, Mayweather werent humble either.

He is with good company. Phone Post

add JBJ to that list
6/29/13 1:28 AM
inf0
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this guy is jokes

6/29/13 1:28 AM
jmacdoug
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - 
AshDoherty -

Wow talk about pot calling kettle Phone Post 3.0

wat
6/29/13 1:29 AM
inf0
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

despite the mad love he's received on this forum, I've never cared for him one bit.. and if you think he wasn't faking against Shamrock.. you're probably retarded.

6/29/13 1:30 AM
inf0

HandsomeTopTeam - Renzo stepping on the back of Ben Spikerz head after he won. Kicking Nate Natquadt in the face in a fight he wasn't even in.

BS this guy even opens his mouth on morales...

6/29/13 1:56 AM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
656 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post
6/29/13 2:12 AM
EKPOGI
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/29/13 2:27 AM
GaspareBJJ
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 -

despite the mad love he's received on this forum, I've never cared for him one bit.. and if you think he wasn't faking against Shamrock.. you're probably retarded.

Faking what? Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 2:34 AM
pheonix5

GaspareBJJ - 
inf0 -

Faking what? Phone Post 3.0

Renzo had side control and Frank kneed him in the back of the head,which is illegal. Renzo's corner started arguing at the referee to call the foul. Renzo stopped and said he coudn't continue from the blow. They DQ'd Frank and Renzo got the win.

6/29/13 3:01 AM
DirtyLickinsBrah
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agnt - Ever think the reason why he plays these "mind games" is a key aspect of his fighting style that helps him win?
This
Every fighter talks about the importance of being mentally strong.
Anderson tries to break u down mentally
Then finish u off physically Phone Post
6/29/13 5:00 AM
KZTT_W85
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I respect the hell out of Rezo and all the guys who get in there and let it all hang out but his opinion on in cage/ring sportsmanship is laughable......... Phone Post
6/29/13 5:01 AM
BruceWayne23

studiocamp - Renzo stepping on someone's neck after the fight was over is one of the most disrespectful moments in modern combat sports.

It really would hold some weight if it came from almost any other Gracie.

Not really. Most of them are thugs.
6/29/13 5:15 AM
INDK
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eljamaiquino -
INDK - Renzo probably shouldn't be talking about being humble in the cage or ring. Phone Post 3.0
Lol. Silva dances in the cage. Renzo spits on guys and steps on their heads. Gimme a break.... Phone Post
So? Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 6:04 AM
Bucephalus

I love both Renzo and Silva but Renzo has been FAR more disrespectful in the ring and out of the ring than Silva has ever been... from kicking and stomping guys after the bell (they don't even have to be guys he was fighting) to spitting on guys and cursing at them to holding chokes too long to assaulting civilians (gas station incident). The guy has done a lot of over the top shit.

On the other hand... Silva has been a true sportsman and representative of MMA. His theatrics and attitude in the ring aren't cheap, dirty, rule violations. They are a form of showboating. It's an entirely different issue. It's part of how he gets into a zone and dominates and opponent psychologically. It's a totally legit tactic imo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.