UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gracie: Anderson Silva 'not a humble guy'

6/29/13 6:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMA Monkey
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO @ those gifs.

spitting on someone in a match, and stomping on an unconscious fighter's neck are 1000000000000 times worse than anything that Silva has done. Renzo is a fucking hypocrite.
6/29/13 6:22 AM
Vader03
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is what i hate about anderson. Talk all about hespect this hespect that and then clown opponent. I would have less of a problem with it if he didnt talk about hespect all the time. If he was just an ass and did that to people and didnt talk all hespect then it wouldnt be so annoying Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 6:38 AM
pheonix5
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vader03 - This is what i hate about anderson. Talk all about hespect this hespect that and then clown opponent. I would have less of a problem with it if he didnt talk about hespect all the time. If he was just an ass and did that to people and didnt talk all hespect then it wouldnt be so annoying Phone Post 3.0

I see what's goin' on here. You just wanted to say hespect a shit ton. I hespect that.

6/29/13 6:41 AM
Zero1
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn´t say Anderson Silva is disrespectful even if it looks sometimes like this.....

I think he is an artist who goes into the cage and find his vibrations for the fight like a musican....

All his weired movements his talk and stuff it´s all part of being in his own world allowing him to perform.....

6/29/13 6:48 AM
pcuzz
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShakaFerreira - Is this the same Renzo that stepped on the back of the Spijkers' head after beating him? Lol

I remember hearing Spijkers talked plenty shit though. Phone Post 3.0

You know there is a back story to that dont you?
6/29/13 6:59 AM
wisdomseeker76

Affliction Blackbelt - I disagree. Silva is respectful leading up to the fight and afterwards. It's not Diaz stuff, where after losing to GSP he then says GSP hits like a girl and that he'd beat him in a rematch.

It is a fight, two men are locked in a cage. If your opponent is taunting & styling on you and you aren't skilled enough to hit them while they are doing it well that's your problem. This is a guy you're meant to be engaging with violence, if you can't solve it then maybe you don't deserve the title of worlds best. A large part of the sport is psychological and I see Silvas taunting as a part of it. If you get sucked into the emotion of it you could rush forward and do something stupid. It's just one of his traps. Nick Diaz did similar stuff to Robbie Lawler to set up the KO.

Agreed. Mr. Gracie sounds silly here and he should know better.

Miyamoto Musashi taught us all the power of disrespecting your opponent and taunting him into making a mistake.
6/29/13 10:47 AM
Sprawl 68

Meh, posturing in the cage/ring and verbally WWF style posturing outside are two entirely different things. Sometimes I think Anderson humiliates guys a little to much however the are all trained well and can't seem to stop it...yet. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 11:11 AM
mijo

pcuzz - 
ShakaFerreira - Is this the same Renzo that stepped on the back of the Spijkers' head after beating him? Lol

I remember hearing Spijkers talked plenty shit though. Phone Post 3.0

You know there is a back story to that dont you?

Was his shit talking comparable to Chael Sonnen's?
6/29/13 11:36 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_NKTKDace -
OGT -
B_Goetz - Not many would agree I guess, but I thought the behaviour in the Bonnar fight was disgraceful, given how far down the ladder Bonnar was.
Absolutely. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it entertaining though, but certainly disrespectful, I'd say the Forrest fight was as well. Phone Post
Okay so he tried to help forest up by offering his hand, used head movement to basically whip his ass and then forest ran out of the cage and headed home....

But Silva was disrespectful?

Eye We Todd Id Phone Post
I think the way he fought Bonnar was brilliant awareness by Silva. Imagine how angry people would have been if the ppv headliner ended in like 45 seconds? Silva knew he had to do something extra to make sure people got their moneys worth, and he did that. Phone Post
6/29/13 1:07 PM
studiocamp
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - 
studiocamp - Renzo stepping on someone's neck after the fight was over is one of the most disrespectful moments in modern combat sports.

It really would hold some weight if it came from almost any other Gracie.

if u knew the back story which has been explained 100 times maybe u would understand that Spikkers kept calling Renzos phone the night before fight saying he will make him his GF

Hey, thanks for that Captain Obvious, I'm new here.

"Waaahh, he pranked called him, waaaah!!"--winston wolf
6/29/13 1:24 PM
Eazy08
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its a damn fight I wouldn't respect my opponent during a fist fight either
6/29/13 2:26 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eazy08 - Its a damn fight I wouldn't respect my opponent during a fist fight either

It's not a damn fight. It's a sanctioned combat sporting event with rules, time limits, a referee, and fans watching, not an anger fueled street fight.

You can totally beat your opponent down, break his will, and leave him a bloody KO'd mess without having to resort to being a douchebag and acting like a child.
6/29/13 3:57 PM
ausgepicht

The Gracies are experts on arrogance and lacking humility, so I think they may be on to something here. Sometimes  Andy doesn't come across as genuine, kind of like Vitor when he's blathering on about Jesus. However, at least Andy makes an attempt. 

6/29/13 4:17 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

UGCTT_BlahBreh -
88samurai88 - 
AshDoherty -

"He puts down his opponents." Your right renzo.... puts them down on their ASS, with kicks,knees and strikes...Shut up Renzo you look and sound like a whiney bitch complaining about the champ when your not even irrelevant anymore. Phone Post 3.0

"you look and sound like a whiney bitch complaining about the champ when your not even irrelevant anymore. "

Would chip in on roundtrip ticket for this UG'er to say this in person hahaha
As would i. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 4:24 PM
ausgepicht

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
UGCTT_BlahBreh -
88samurai88 - 
AshDoherty -

"He puts down his opponents." Your right renzo.... puts them down on their ASS, with kicks,knees and strikes...Shut up Renzo you look and sound like a whiney bitch complaining about the champ when your not even irrelevant anymore. Phone Post 3.0

"you look and sound like a whiney bitch complaining about the champ when your not even irrelevant anymore. "

Makes sense. I'm sure Renzo would commit an assault and battery and go to jail just for your amusement. So what is the weather like in Narnia this time of year guys?

6/29/13 4:33 PM
Kebab Warrior
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SKARHEAD -
Eazy08 - Its a damn fight I wouldn't respect my opponent during a fist fight either

It's not a damn fight. It's a sanctioned combat sporting event with rules, time limits, a referee, and fans watching, not an anger fueled street fight.

You can totally beat your opponent down, break his will, and leave him a bloody KO'd mess without having to resort to being a douchebag and acting like a child.
It's prize fighting, people get hurt. He is entitled to use every angle, every edge he can get. He is more talented than pretty much anyone, so why not show it, show contempt and use it to intimidate and mentally dominate his opponents? If it helps him win, good for him.

Jesus, why should he be humble anyway, he's the best.

I'd love a 'sand in vagina' reading on some of the people in this thread, it's pathetic.
Waaaah he's so mean. Jesus grow up. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 5:01 PM
Deaf Forever

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Aside from when he fought Maia I'd say Anderson walks the line of respectful out of the cage and just the right amount of arrogance in the cage pretty well. Phone Post

This. Renzo is an enormous hypocrite and anyone who isn't a biased moron can see he's only saying this because Anderson is fighting Weidman.

He heaped effusive praise on Silva before AND AFTER the Maia debacle but suddenly feels Anderson is this "fake humble" character now that he's fighting his student Chris Weidman...

Blue name please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGdB3H8ByAM

8:25
6/29/13 5:11 PM
Deaf Forever

RENZO IS CHRIS WEIDMAN's TRAINER.

This disclaimer in the OP is a pretty important detail but the vast majority of users on this forum are incredibly stupid, lack objectivity and are drawn to confirmation bias especially as it pertains to MMA gossip.
6/29/13 5:23 PM
Winston Wolf
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

studiocamp - 
Winston Wolf - 
studiocamp - Renzo stepping on someone's neck after the fight was over is one of the most disrespectful moments in modern combat sports.

It really would hold some weight if it came from almost any other Gracie.

if u knew the back story which has been explained 100 times maybe u would understand that Spikkers kept calling Renzos phone the night before fight saying he will make him his GF

Hey, thanks for that Captain Obvious, I'm new here.

"Waaahh, he pranked called him, waaaah!!"--winston wolf

wasnt my fight .I thought the stomp was jusitied but thats just me
6/29/13 6:20 PM
diaz 125

renzo shouldnt talk. hes known for being classless.

the only disrespectful thing anderson does in the cage is nearly kill them.
6/29/13 11:17 PM
Animal Mother

B_Goetz -
ParadigmRaep - I'm failing to see a problem with that. All I see is jealousy.
Sit down Renzo, you don't have to be humble to be king.

Sit down Renzo, huh?
Right? It amazing the balls on some of these guys from behind their monitors. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 11:22 PM
Animal Mother

ausgepicht -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
UGCTT_BlahBreh -
88samurai88 - 
AshDoherty -

Makes sense. I'm sure Renzo would commit an assault and battery and go to jail just for your amusement. So what is the weather like in Narnia this time of year guys?

I think you missed the point. They would want to see Samurai shaking and piss himself like the pathetic little bitch he is the second he got within 50 yards of Renzo. No one said Renzo would assault him, he wouldn't have to. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 12:01 AM
Michael Chase

I sincerely hope the "stomping was justified" people aren't agreeing that Silva is disrespectful for taunting... Phone Post
6/30/13 1:25 AM
Bucephalus

Deaf Forever - RENZO IS CHRIS WEIDMAN's TRAINER.

This disclaimer in the OP is a pretty important detail but the vast majority of users on this forum are incredibly stupid, lack objectivity and are drawn to confirmation bias especially as it pertains to MMA gossip.

Thanks for the info, Captain Obvious.

The issue is Renzo's hypocrisy, not his support of Weidman. There are a lot of other ways that Renzo could be supporting Weidman.
6/30/13 10:12 AM
leifdawg
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know another guy who didn't respect his opponents. Michael Jordan, worked for him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.