UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: I would love to beat the s* out of Caraway

6/30/13 10:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leigh
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum -

Ronda has a chance in this hypothetical fight.

She has two chances... Phone Post
6/30/13 12:10 PM
Yelm
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People aren't remembering the way things happened correctly. Caraway didn't come out and say he wanted to knock her teeth out. He responded to Ronda constantly talking about fighting him and he said if it happened he would knock her teeth out.

Bryan is a good guy. He would crush Ronda. Phone Post
6/30/13 12:16 PM
Agnt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He seems like the type of bitch that would sue". I lol'd. War Rousey
6/30/13 12:36 PM
McFly

Yelm - People aren't remembering the way things happened correctly. Caraway didn't come out and say he wanted to knock her teeth out. He responded to Ronda constantly talking about fighting him and he said if it happened he would knock her teeth out.

Bryan is a good guy. He would crush Ronda. Phone Post
Yup. VTFU Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 12:39 PM
88samurai88
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McFly -
88samurai88 - If it came down to a quick confrontation and it led to some sort of assault/altercation i honestly believe that R.R could judo throw B.C easily, then break his arm within 30 seconds. ..she subbed the hall hype train a few times so why wouldnt she be able to pull off one on B.C...just my opinion Phone Post 3.0
No...... Just no. The dude is easily 40 lbs of muscle heavier than her, has sick submission skills (and obviously defense too), and is a VERY good collegiate level wrestler. She's not taking him down for shit, whereas he'd take her down at will and ground and pound her brutally (if he chose to.....he might just want to stand and KO her that way). In short, it would be
Caraway by anything he wanted.

And no, she's certainly not armbarring a high level grappler with a huge size and strength advantage, and to think otherwise it just silly. Phone Post 3.0
Ya.....your probably right. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 1:29 PM
DissOfKeath

If there was a 0.001% that fight would happen, she wouldn't have said this.

And yes, she does want him and Miesha. Badly.
6/30/13 2:27 PM
JerodR
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McFly -
JerodR - Why do so many people assume Bryan could win? Because he is a guy? He is not a big guy at all and Ronda has ten times the Judo skill Bryan could ever hope to have. I get the point of people being annoyed with Ronda because it is someone she would not be allowed to fight, however to assume he could win because he is man kind of trashes everything MMA is about.

I would love to see them just settle it in the gym honestly. Personally I think she taps him and quickly. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed, she has 10 times the Judo skill that he does. But he has a thousand times the wrestling skill and striking that she does. I'm a black belt in judo and a purple in BJJ, wrestled in Comm. College, and have about 15 lbs on Caraway (not his cut weight), and I couldn't take him down or throw him, and when we finally went to the mat, I couldn't submit him. We rolled for about 10 minutes hard to a stalemate. And that was pure no-gi sub wrestling. Had we been striking, he would've torn me up.

It's utterly ridiculous to think Rousey has anything for him whatsoever. He's a lot stronger, bigger (by a good amount), a better overall grappler, and an infinitely better striker. Phone Post 3.0
At least your opinion is not purely based on blind hate or just because he is a man. I have to respect it. No disrespect but your level of Judo and Ronda's are not really comparable and although you wrestled at a community college level that doesn't mean he can't be taken down.

He is a guy and he is a bit bigger but he is not that big. Can he out strike Ronda? Without question he could. I would love to see them grapple though. She has a much greater chance than people would like to give her credit for. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 2:34 PM
HexRei

88samurai88 - If it came down to a quick confrontation and it led to some sort of assault/altercation i honestly believe that R.R could judo throw B.C easily, then break his arm within 30 seconds. ..she subbed the hall hype train a few times so why wouldnt she be able to pull off one on B.C...just my opinion Phone Post 3.0

a) hall sucks at subs, caraway is very experienced sub grappler

b) they were training, she was demoing moves for them, hall would smash her in a real fight
6/30/13 2:57 PM
cross3dout
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carraway is a bitch ass close minded cock faggot. He rides his much more successful girl friends coat tails. Sorry dudes while Bryan's cum off your face he's a tool. Freeze me I don't much care. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 3:35 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProteinBake - I have as much carraway hate as the next guy, but Rhonda is being a douche here. It is weak to talk shit about something she knows can't happen. Plus, if it did, she'd lose.

This.

Sara McMann sumarizes my feelings perfectly on this matter (as of the 3:13 mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp9WEJrhHsE
6/30/13 3:42 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guardbr8kr - It is soooooooooo obvious she is in love with Tate, Caraway is just the "in between"...

We've all been through this, at least once.....

Even before their first fight, when Ronda was trash-talking, quite a few of her comments made me think Rousey had a girl-crush on Tate.
6/30/13 3:48 PM
HexRei

cross3dout - Carraway is a bitch ass close minded cock faggot. He rides his much more successful girl friends coat tails. Sorry dudes while Bryan's cum off your face he's a tool. Freeze me I don't much care. Phone Post 3.0

What does this have to do with the topic, lol
6/30/13 3:49 PM
BadrMilk

A chimp weighs less than a grown man, but is twice as strong, it's simply different muscles.

It's the same thing with men and women. Caraway may be her size or even smaller, but he'd mess her up easily.

This is what happens when a woman fights a man and a man decides to fight back.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5klgf_rare-muy-thai-fight-man-vs-woman_sport#.UdCN_TfhdQI
6/30/13 3:59 PM
BuddyRevell
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caraway should try to parlay Ronda's obvious dick-wanting into a three-way with Miesha. That would be pretty legendary imo.

6/30/13 4:03 PM
DeuceDroppin

JerodR -
McFly -
JerodR - Why do so many people assume Bryan could win? Because he is a guy? He is not a big guy at all and Ronda has ten times the Judo skill Bryan could ever hope to have. I get the point of people being annoyed with Ronda because it is someone she would not be allowed to fight, however to assume he could win because he is man kind of trashes everything MMA is about.

I would love to see them just settle it in the gym honestly. Personally I think she taps him and quickly. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed, she has 10 times the Judo skill that he does. But he has a thousand times the wrestling skill and striking that she does. I'm a black belt in judo and a purple in BJJ, wrestled in Comm. College, and have about 15 lbs on Caraway (not his cut weight), and I couldn't take him down or throw him, and when we finally went to the mat, I couldn't submit him. We rolled for about 10 minutes hard to a stalemate. And that was pure no-gi sub wrestling. Had we been striking, he would've torn me up.

It's utterly ridiculous to think Rousey has anything for him whatsoever. He's a lot stronger, bigger (by a good amount), a better overall grappler, and an infinitely better striker. Phone Post 3.0
At least your opinion is not purely based on blind hate or just because he is a man. I have to respect it. No disrespect but your level of Judo and Ronda's are not really comparable and although you wrestled at a community college level that doesn't mean he can't be taken down.

He is a guy and he is a bit bigger but he is not that big. Can he out strike Ronda? Without question he could. I would love to see them grapple though. She has a much greater chance than people would like to give her credit for. Phone Post 3.0
Shut the fuck up retard. This guy is fairly high level, has trained with Carraway, just gave you a fucking education, and you are still trying to act like you have a clue. Seriously just shut the fuck up. I don't think there is a single person here that actually trains and thinks Rousey would have any chance. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 4:35 PM
McFly

JerodR -
McFly -

No disrespect taken. However, I do have to disagree with you somewhat. Sure Ronda's judo is better than most other female judoka compared to how I stack up against the world class male judoka, but that comparison holds no weight and is a poor comparison. I would not have a hard time throwing ANY female judoka on the planet and/or submitting them, and I'm just an average black belt at best. I say this with no ego whatsoever, as I know through experience and am just stating fact. Male and female judokas simply can not be compared. Sure she has better, crisper technique than I do, but size and strength is virtually impossible to overcome. I (and any other male judoka) can apply leverage better and more forcefully through more planes and directions of travel. It's just body mechanics, simply put.

Just like you can't compare WNBA players with NBA players, there's IS no comparison. I'd venture to guess that your average boys high school team would have little problems beating a WNBA team. I'm not trying to sound sexist, as I truly am not one, but I am a realist. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 6:00 PM
JerodR
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeuceDroppin -
JerodR -
McFly -

Shut the fuck up retard. This guy is fairly high level, has trained with Carraway, just gave you a fucking education, and you are still trying to act like you have a clue. Seriously just shut the fuck up. I don't think there is a single person here that actually trains and thinks Rousey would have any chance. Phone Post 3.0
Keep quiet there tuff guy. Adults are talking. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 6:07 PM
JerodR

McFly -
JerodR -
McFly -

No disrespect taken. However, I do have to disagree with you somewhat. Sure Ronda's judo is better than most other female judoka compared to how I stack up against the world class male judoka, but that comparison holds no weight and is a poor comparison. I would not have a hard time throwing ANY female judoka on the planet and/or submitting them, and I'm just an average black belt at best. I say this with no ego whatsoever, as I know through experience and am just stating fact. Male and female judokas simply can not be compared. Sure she has better, crisper technique than I do, but size and strength is virtually impossible to overcome. I (and any other male judoka) can apply leverage better and more forcefully through more planes and directions of travel. It's just body mechanics, simply put.

Just like you can't compare WNBA players with NBA players, there's IS no comparison. I'd venture to guess that your average boys high school team would have little problems beating a WNBA team. I'm not trying to sound sexist, as I truly am not one, but I am a realist. Phone Post 3.0
Fair enough. Like I said I do respect your opinion because it is educated and not blind hate.

I would love to see Ronda grapple with guys closer to her size like Caraway. It would be interesting. I do understand what you are saying obviously and ironically enough have seen a few WNBA players play at my high school against some of our players. This was close to 20 years ago but it was funny watching the guys lose. Two of those guy actually went on to play in the NBA for a while.

I guess the question is could his strength be enough to overcome her technique in a grappling match. You say yes because you have trained with him. Personally I would like to see it but it is what it is. He should offer to grapple with her sometime just so they could settle that crap. lol Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 6:21 PM
McFly

JerodR -
McFly -
JerodR -
McFly -

Fair enough. Like I said I do respect your opinion because it is educated and not blind hate.

I would love to see Ronda grapple with guys closer to her size like Caraway. It would be interesting. I do understand what you are saying obviously and ironically enough have seen a few WNBA players play at my high school against some of our players. This was close to 20 years ago but it was funny watching the guys lose. Two of those guy actually went on to play in the NBA for a while.

I guess the question is could his strength be enough to overcome her technique in a grappling match. You say yes because you have trained with him. Personally I would like to see it but it is what it is. He should offer to grapple with her sometime just so they could settle that crap. lol Phone Post 3.0
Totally agree with ya man, it would be fun to see it. A very high level female grappler vs. a very high level male grappler for sure. I don't believe it would be much of a competition, tbh though.

If they're going no-gi, she stands zero chance whatsoever. Put them both in a gi and I think she could very realistically throw him and maybe even possibly submit him. People forget that her main base and the bulk of her grappling career was with the gi on prior to coming to MMA. It's unfortunate, but most judoka struggle to do well in no-gi grappling unless they've cross trained specifically for that. Throws and subs without the handles of the gi are much more difficult to pull off, particularly if your opponent knows no -gi grappling and was raised on the mats without the gi on, as in the case of Caraway. I truly wish that people's romanticized notions about the capabilities of judoka were true (I love judo and always will), but without the gi, they simply aren't as effective as people would hope.

I don't know though, maybe I'm wrong (which is known to happen). Maybe she's that 1 woman on earth that can overcome a strength/size deficit against an equally skilled (if not more skilled) male opponent, but I doubt it. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 6:24 PM
McFly

Oh, and interesting about the WNBA players beating the high school boys. Where would you rank the ladies' skill amongst male b-ball players? Would you then say they're more aptly compared to junior college players? Surely not Div 1 players right? (Totally honest question as I'm very uneducated about b-ball and don't follow it at all and am more than willing to admit when I'm ignorant of a subject, such as in this case, lol!) Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 6:56 PM
Colboyo
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dead Again - 

She wants that dude's cock. It's obvious.

She wants Meisha but douchbag Caraways in the way
6/30/13 8:27 PM
JerodR

McFly - Oh, and interesting about the WNBA players beating the high school boys. Where would you rank the ladies' skill amongst male b-ball players? Would you then say they're more aptly compared to junior college players? Surely not Div 1 players right? (Totally honest question as I'm very uneducated about b-ball and don't follow it at all and am more than willing to admit when I'm ignorant of a subject, such as in this case, lol!) Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I would say more Jr college level or so. It was just funny to watch because you know how guys are in high school. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 9:05 PM
Glovegate

JerodR - 
DeuceDroppin -
JerodR -
McFly -

Keep quiet there tuff guy. Adults are talking. Phone Post 3.0

Lol no.  He was right about you.

7/1/13 4:40 AM
Cya

McFly - 
88samurai88 - If it came down to a quick confrontation and it led to some sort of assault/altercation i honestly believe that R.R could judo throw B.C easily, then break his arm within 30 seconds. ..she subbed the hall hype train a few times so why wouldnt she be able to pull off one on B.C...just my opinion Phone Post 3.0
No...... Just no. The dude is easily 40 lbs of muscle heavier than her, has sick submission skills (and obviously defense too), and is a VERY good collegiate level wrestler. She's not taking him down for shit, whereas he'd take her down at will and ground and pound her brutally (if he chose to.....he might just want to stand and KO her that way). In short, it would be
Caraway by anything he wanted.

And no, she's certainly not armbarring a high level grappler with a huge size and strength advantage, and to think otherwise it just silly. Phone Post 3.0

I really doubt Caraway outweighs Rousey by 40lbs
7/1/13 5:26 AM
Leigh
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My guess is that he's in shape at about 155 and she's in shape at 145, so roughly a 10lb difference. Both will probably walk heavier.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.