UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Son is Terrible at BJJ

6/29/13 8:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nostripewhite
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wat do? I've been training him three months and he still doesn't get the concept of all in or all out. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 8:52 AM
mose
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

depends, how old? passionate about it?
6/29/13 8:53 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

only one solution, kill him and get with the wife to try again.

6/29/13 8:58 AM
GeneralSmoothness
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My 7 year old daughter has been doing judo for about three months and she's pretty terrible. But she's having fun and trying her best in class so I don't care, hopefully it'll start clicking together for her in the future, but as long as she enjoys it I don't mind. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 8:59 AM
BRZ

How old? Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 9:01 AM
nostripewhite

mose - depends, how old? passionate about it?
15. He's not really passionate about anything really.

Well, cars. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 9:01 AM
nostripewhite

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

only one solution, kill him and get with the wife to try again.

She said no, says kitchen is closed. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 9:04 AM
pheonix5
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hire a bully to kick his ass,then offer to show him some self defense.

6/29/13 9:12 AM
Lahzerous
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know you said he sucks but does he enjoy doing it?

6/29/13 9:13 AM
nostripewhite

Lahzerous -

He seems to, but he's not one of those kids that can talk about his feelings. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 9:14 AM
Nada MT
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good call duckhunt.
Perhaps you are putting too much pressure? Perhap you have forgotten how badly you sucked at 3 months?
Perhaps you are not the best instructor for your son? (Nothing personal, teenagers don't really like to listen to their parents at the best of times and upsidedown and squashed is not necessarily the best of times)
If you are trying to get "concepts" across it's way to early.
At 3 months its all about shrimping and basic guard passes. Drill drill drill.
If he even wants to. You may have to back off a bit until he is interested.
Take him to a tournament and introduce him to a 15 yr old girl who does bjj. I promise you he will suddenly be interested. Phone Post
6/29/13 9:14 AM
nostripewhite

duckhuntgangsta - Maybe he's a musician, or a ballerina...you'll never know until you out him in different environments. He's your son, not a mini-me. Phone Post 3.0
Terrible dancer, he's always after my guitars though. Worried he may damage them, clumsy. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 9:15 AM
nostripewhite

pheonix5 -

Hire a bully to kick his ass,then offer to show him some self defense.

I can't hurt my boy :'p Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 9:16 AM
nostripewhite

duckhuntgangsta -
nostripewhite -
mose - depends, how old? passionate about it?
15. He's not really passionate about anything really.

Well, cars. Phone Post 3.0
15 eh? Not uncommon to not care about what your father wants you too.

Two thoughts...let him hang out/learn with body shop mechanics or have some body shop mechs kicks his ass so bad he gets motivated about defending himself. Phone Post 3.0
I'm worried he'd find a way to cut his hand off. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 9:19 AM
Blackmore

nostripewhite -
duckhuntgangsta - Maybe he's a musician, or a ballerina...you'll never know until you out him in different environments. He's your son, not a mini-me. Phone Post 3.0
Terrible dancer, he's always after my guitars though. Worried he may damage them, clumsy. Phone Post 3.0
15=girls
The car is just the a way to get them Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 9:27 AM
SwockStainTaco

You need to ask yourself this.... are you doing this for yourself or for him. Sometimes a child will do something they do not enjoy for a fathers acceptance and attention. I am just speaking generally since I do not know you or the relationship you have with your son.
6/29/13 9:29 AM
robsullivan

Worried he will damage your guitars?... I'm willing to bet your son might think he let's you down often. Might be time to let him find himself. Take him to bjj but let others instruct. As a coach, competitor and former band dude nothing drives me crazier than a parent who doesn't know they're pushing to hard. Get him a shitty guitar from a pawn shop and see what he does with it. Hes a teenager. He needs to find his own way. Also buy him punk records. Phone Post
6/29/13 9:32 AM
TeXXX
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Start beating him with bamboo sticks until he gets it... Or link him to a Couple awesome bjj vids to enthrall him. Start with beatings though. Phone Post
6/29/13 9:35 AM
Kick Boxe
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nostripewhite -
Lahzerous -

He seems to, but he's not one of those kids that can talk about his feelings. Phone Post 3.0
Dude, that is every 15 year old kid, that stage they don't want shit to do with their parents, are just finding themselves, insecure and growing physically. Maybe his dick dad telling the internet his son is terrible at something helps clue us in on some of the kids issues, guaranteed my dad would never do that, nor will I when I have a son. I hope he runs from whatever you push him into, and I guarantee that kid will be a success in spite of you, I was the same way at that age Phone Post
6/29/13 9:37 AM
cool hand Ed
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for the lulz Phone Post
6/29/13 9:37 AM
nostripewhite

bozy - 15months is too young for serious UFC trane'ing bro Phone Post
You're right. I'd probably be best to let him go back to Bubble Guppies and throwing toys for awhile.

No more lessons until he's 24. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 9:38 AM
FanToFighter
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reward system. He finally gets a sweep to your approval, give him a night with a late curfew. He gets a submission to your approval, he gets the $20 meal rather than the $10 meal when you go out an eat. When he gets a stripe or two, he gets a day off from school. When he gets his blue belt, he gets something he chooses. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 9:43 AM
Kick Boxe
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nostripewhite -
What is the point of being so negative about your son to strangers on the internet? You have serious insecurity issues and are pinning your shortcomings on an adolescent boy. This is the age where they need distance from parents, but full support. Just the way you talk here you are pushing him down not building him up. You know what's more clumsy than your sons dancing? Your parenting skills Phone Post
6/29/13 9:43 AM
nostripewhite

FanToFighter - Reward system. He finally gets a sweep to your approval, give him a night with a late curfew. He gets a submission to your approval, he gets the $20 meal rather than the $10 meal when you go out an eat. When he gets a stripe or two, he gets a day off from school. When he gets his blue belt, he gets something he chooses. Phone Post 3.0
Been trying that with putting bugs in his mouth, but I caught him trying to eat an ant just this morning. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 9:44 AM
nostripewhite

Kick Boxe -
nostripewhite -
What is the point of being so negative about your son to strangers on the internet? You have serious insecurity issues and are pinning your shortcomings on an adolescent boy. This is the age where they need distance from parents, but full support. Just the way you talk here you are pushing him down not building him up. You know what's more clumsy than your sons dancing? Your parenting skills Phone Post
Valid post.

Problem is that people I know for real have gotten sick of me complaining about him too. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.