UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Do you want Silva to win or lose?

6/29/13 1:54 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Next Saturday at UFC 162 Anderson Silva faces what some people believe will be the stiffest test as UFC champion. Anderson Silva is a perfect 16-0 in the UFC and has dominated the middleweight division for the past seven years. He has defended his title an unprecedented eleven time and even won fighting above his natural weight class. Simply put, Anderson Silva has been unstoppable.

Through his career. Silva has fought every type of fighter possible. He has fought skilled powerful wrestlers, lighting quick dynamic strikers, Brazlian jiu-jitsu experts, and grinding clinch fighters. He has defeated them all.

In steps challenger Chris Weidman. Weidman has only been fighting professionaly since 2009, but is a perfect 9-0 in his career and 5-0 inside the UFC's octagon. When fighting with a full training camp, he has impressively defeated some of the divisions best. Many media members and fans think Chris Weidman has the perfect style to dethrone Silva: a powerful wrestler with great jiu-jitsu and a confidence level that won't let him lose the fight before stepping in the cage.

The question is, as a fan, do you want to see Silva lose and crown a new champion? At this point, Silva's legacy is unquestionable. He may be considered the greatest fighter to ever live, but would a loss to Weidman tarnish that legacy? In the sport of mixed martial arts, it is uncommon for a fighter to retire on top. Most fight passed their physical prime because the desire to fight can often outlive their ability to compete with the best in the world.

I personally do not not want to see Silva lose. I want to watch Anderson Silva dominate all his competition, at his weight class, and maybe a superfight or two, and then I want him to retire undeated in the UFC and as the champion. Boxing has Rocky Marciano, MMA should have theirs too.

What do you think UG, do you want Chris Weidman to dethrone Anderson Silva or do you want to see Silva win this bout, win a few more, and go out on top?

6/29/13 1:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cross3dout
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 1:55 PM
lauri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win
6/29/13 1:56 PM
Hocky Balboa
7532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like Teen Wolf, I want him to wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn in the end. Phone Post
6/29/13 1:56 PM
Augustus Caesar
916 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly like both Weidman and Anderson, so I hope that the better man wins.

I think that Anderson will win though.

6/29/13 2:03 PM
InspiritMick

win preferably by one inch punch to the ear

6/29/13 2:04 PM
Lefthook33
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win Phone Post
6/29/13 2:05 PM
Obie1FaShobie
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

win Phone Post
6/29/13 2:06 PM
Soup and Beer
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always want to see a fighter lose once to see what they are truely made of.  To me a fighters true character comes out in defeat, not in victory.

6/29/13 2:06 PM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win. I'm a Weidman fan this AS streak is incredible. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 2:08 PM
RKing85
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

win for sure.
6/29/13 2:10 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want him to win only so it can set up a meaningful superfight between him and JBJ.

185 is a lame, rather weak division filled with one dimensional guys anyway and none of those matches are compelling for AS. Would be ALOT more fun seeing AS compete at 205 .
6/29/13 2:13 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Lose. I want to see lnp ninja's head explode and the chaos that would ensue. Seeing zuffa's spin doctors try to work damage control would be fun too. Just for those reasons alone. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 2:13 PM
Entreri

I like AS to go to LHW and Jones to go to HW.

Both of them have been completely wrecking the competition at their weight classes. They should challenge themselves.
6/29/13 2:19 PM
Protect Ya Neck

WIN

A guy like Anderson Silva only comes around once. White wrestlers guys like Weidman who say all things everyone wants to hear in front of the cameras are a dime a dozen.
6/29/13 2:19 PM
jimbonice

I would just like to see a five round, balls out, non stop, war. Phone Post
6/29/13 2:20 PM
Letibleu
1643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matrix

6/29/13 2:27 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win, by another thing you only see in the movies

6/29/13 2:28 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Win.
6/29/13 2:29 PM
Shoryuken Rw

SKARHEAD - I want him to win only so it can set up a meaningful superfight between him and JBJ.

185 is a lame, rather weak division filled with one dimensional guys anyway and none of those matches are compelling for AS. Would be ALOT more fun seeing AS compete at 205 .
I have no interest in that fight because when Jones wins everyone will discredit him by saying he has too big of a size and reach advantage over Anderson.

I hope Silva brings his A game against Weidman, pulls matrix shit, fights better than ever and loses.

Rooting hard for Weidman to win a tough fight, not a fluke. I want Silva dethroned with no excuses. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 2:42 PM
APunkGotPunkdByThePunk
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 2:44 PM
ProteinBake
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 2:48 PM
zebers3
407 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win, only because Weidman as champion does not excite me at all. I like him, but I don't see him as someone suitable to take over the division.
6/29/13 2:50 PM
CLINTK9
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want Anderson to destroy Weidman. Same with Jones over Gusta.

and then we get Anderson vs Jones
6/29/13 3:00 PM
UGCTT_Dinamita
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.