UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mark Munoz: Obese to beast

6/30/13 10:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jYm11
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing transformation. Looks like a Hydroxycut ad. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 10:26 AM
youarewhatiswrong
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brom Bones - 
Michael Chase -
Brom Bones - If you lost the weight with the help of God, then you gained it with his help also. Logic, how does it work? Phone Post 3.0
Even though I agree, in principle, with what you're saying... these kinds of things are always bad examples. Phone Post
It's not a bad example at all. If he came out and said Zeus helped him, people would think he was crazy. Just because the majority believe in his now popular "God" they all bandwagon together and down vote is a laugh. Mighty Christian. It's stupid and should be mocked. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not a christian, but whenever i see someone like this who has such hatred for people of faith i can't help but think that they have to have been one of the victims of the catholic pedophelia scandals.

People raised within a religion tend to be more focused and productive in their daily lives as a result of the structured upbringing that comes along with it. Having belief in a god does not cause them harm, it generally does them good.
6/30/13 10:31 AM
youarewhatiswrong
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And saying "oh, he got fat! His god is weak!" is childish and petulent. Humans aren't perfect. We all go though times of weakness. He found the strength to climb out of that hole through his faith. There is nothing wrong with that. Its more noble than finding the strength to lose the weight because it wants to woo the girls at the beach.
6/30/13 10:42 AM
GIBB0
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - And saying "oh, he got fat! His god is weak!" is childish and petulent. Humans aren't perfect. We all go though times of weakness. He found the strength to climb out of that hole through his faith. There is nothing wrong with that. Its more noble than finding the strength to lose the weight because it wants to woo the girls at the beach.
It's from people being ignorant to what most religious people mean when they thank god.

It's like when they thank their kids or wife. Did they cause him to lose weight or help someone win a fight?

No, but they acted as support during hard times and helped them to keep going. It's the same with religious people and prayer/faith in a higher power. It gives them strength in hard times. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 11:26 AM
epwar
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I can do all dead lifts through Christ, who strengthens and spots me."
6/30/13 1:43 PM
youarewhatiswrong

Also, if you want to hate on athletes for their beliefs and declarations, hate on guys like Aaron Hernandez who flaunt gang affiliations and give up everything that's been handed to him because he's nothing but a sub-human thug.
6/30/13 1:52 PM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loadin76 - 
Brom Bones - If you lost the weight with the help of God, then you gained it with his help also. Logic, how does it work? Phone Post 3.0

You're making us look bad man

Yep.

This is a thread about Munoz dropping a lot of weight, and that's all there is to it.

Using it as an arena to shit on religion is in poor taste, and like you say, it makes us look bad.
6/30/13 2:20 PM
Mookie Blaylock
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow

6/30/13 3:29 PM
Il Duce
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pandanus -
Enemies - 
Il Duce - But Cormier might die if he drops 20lbs. Phone Post 3.0

No, Cormier used to cut weight stupidly when he wrestled and that's what put his life in jeopardy. You don't instantly die if you switch from burgers, fries, pizza and pop/soda/coke to chia, hemp, fruit, vegetables.

I don't believe for a heartbeat that Cormier would be risking his life if he made a healthy cut to 205 or further to 185.

Tell that to Cormiers kidneys
We're talking about weight loss in this thread, not weight cuts. If Cormier lost 20lbs by cleaning up his diet, down to about 215, he'd probably be at a pretty safe weight to start. I don't know how much water weight is safe for him to cut, but I'm guessing 9lbs is in that range. For some reason it's portrayed, by whomever, that he risks renal failure by going on a diet.
Munoz has demonstrated what a healthy elite athlete is capable of doing with discipline and dedication, and also kinda making Cormier out for what he is, a dude who doesn't want to diet. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 3:32 PM
Yokiyoka

I just realized Mark Hunt is a middle-weight
6/30/13 3:52 PM
Stea1th

6/30/13 4:49 PM
spliff
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone - This just shows that Big Country could make 205 if he dedicated himself to a diet. Phone Post 3.0

probably could make 185.. even at 261 munoz looks way better than nelson at 260
6/30/13 5:49 PM
Stea1th

Someone should hit him up on twitter and break it down. I'm sure a crazy workout regime went with his diet. No way someone does that on diet alone. Phone Post 3.0
6/30/13 8:35 PM
orcus

spliff - 
Jaybrone - This just shows that Big Country could make 205 if he dedicated himself to a diet. Phone Post 3.0

probably could make 185.. even at 261 munoz looks way better than nelson at 260

Yeah, for sure, if Mark's really 261 there.

6/30/13 8:43 PM
athsportsnutrition
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Professional Grade Nutrition

mark's a good guy!

7/1/13 1:29 AM
submitbitch

Good turnaround looks like he oiled up for that second photo.
7/1/13 1:42 AM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 - 
DBSH209 - lol @ him using Austin Powers line!!

http://www.anyclip.com/movies/austin-powers-the-spy-who-shagged-me/fat-bastard-unhappy/#!quotes/

'I eat because I'm unhappy. I'm unhappy because I eat. It's a vicious cycle.'

Its funny cause its true. People said it long before fat bastard did.

This. Austin Powers just made people realize its a common idea.

Voted Up

7/2/13 12:17 PM
viRUSS

Mark Munoz

Welcome to the team Mr Munoz. We are honored and excited to work with you. Congrats on your return to the octogon and good luck. We will be there in support.

If you are interested, read more on the VIRUS + Mark Munoz release

http://www.virusintl.com/blog/?p=1360

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.