UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WHO Could be the Next BROCK LESNAR?!?!?!

6/29/13 3:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Haulport
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's pretty apparent that there is a gigantic crossover between Pro Wrasslin' and MMA here and abroad. The UFC did their best business with Brock and his Wrestling fanbase made that happen.

SO...

Who is a very popular wrestler who could cross over to MMA and be competitive?

Brock was a VERY unique individual and there were unique circumstances to his MMA career, but there has got to be others out there who aren't 45 years old like Dave Batista or Kurt Angle.

I haven't paid attention to wrestling in a long, long while so I don't have too many suggestions. I know Dos Caras Jr. from back in PRIDE is a big time WWE guy now (Alberto Del Rio) but I think he's mid-30's already regardless of his Olympic Wrestling background and I Googled WWE wrestlers with amatuer backgrounds and A guy named Dolph Ziggler and another guy named Shlton Benjamin came up (but Benjamin is 37 years old).

6/29/13 3:54 PM
Shoguns Shorts
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's is this new guy on TNA Wrestling named Quinton something and he always has a chain with him. I think he would be a pretty good crossover to MMA Phone Post
6/29/13 3:59 PM
Shoguns Shorts
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/11/13 6:09 PM
dbl

6/29/13 4:01 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CM Punk. His Muay Thai with Gracie Jiu Jitsu will give alot of people problems. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 4:03 PM
Haulport

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - CM Punk. His Muay Thai with Gracie Jiu Jitsu will give alot of people problems. Phone Post 3.0

I heard he trains but he's old too I believe (33? 34?). Is he actually legit or does he train because he's an athlete and a fan?

6/29/13 4:03 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also Daniel Bryan, he can tap you out with 100 different submissions. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 4:07 PM
MMALOGIC

if mma was big earlier, Brock lesnar woould have never went into the wwe... so I dont expect any more major cross overs from pro-wrestling to mma.

6/29/13 4:16 PM
Haulport

MMALOGIC - 

if mma was big earlier, Brock lesnar woould have never went into the wwe... so I dont expect any more major cross overs from pro-wrestling to mma.

Shut up. For someone with "logic" in your name you sure say a lot of stupid, illogical things...

6/29/13 4:21 PM
Rudi

Haulport -
MMALOGIC - 

Shut up. For someone with "logic" in your name you sure say a lot of stupid, illogical things...

How is that illogical? because you dont agree with it? Many boxers and wwe guys has said that if mma was bigger when they were young they wouldve did it. The Rock, Mike Tyson, The Undertaker, etc.

Stop being a butthurt fuck. Phone Post
6/29/13 4:23 PM
InvisibleControl

Punk would be fun. He's very knowledgeable of the sport and tranes. I could see him doing okay with it. Maybe he could fight at 205.

Eve Torres would be another fun addition. She is engaged to Rener Gracie afterall. But she would need a year or two of high level traneing.
6/29/13 4:27 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi - 
Haulport -
MMALOGIC - 

How is that illogical? because you dont agree with it? Many boxers and wwe guys has said that if mma was bigger when they were young they wouldve did it. The Rock, Mike Tyson, The Undertaker, etc.

Even some of the guys with TMA experience expressed some interest. Like RVD and Jeff Hardy. I think both of those dudes could have been scary. RVD would have realistically off the juice been a Palharres sized 185'er probably, and Hardy would have been a 185'er as well most likely.

I honestly have no idea who is in the wrestling world these days, haven't watched it in probably 12 years, and the last time I did, it was a Stampede wrestling show that me and some buddies went to just for old times sake.
6/29/13 4:28 PM
Haulport

Rudi - 
Haulport -
MMALOGIC - 

It's illogical because it assumes that EVERYONE would make their career decision perfectly the first time out. Tat NO ONE would decide to take one path for a few years and then realize another path might be better or that pure opportunity would sway someone (i.e. The WWE gives a top wrestler $100k a year but the UFC isn't even offereing $10k a fight).

His was an absolute statement that was childish and naive and extremely illogical...

I'm surprised I have to explain that to adults...

6/29/13 4:31 PM
PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kyle Dake or Jordan Burroughs.
I pray they make the switch to MMA after doing SO GREAT in wrestling Phone Post
6/29/13 4:33 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

No one. Fact. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 4:39 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

He's not a pro wrestler, but Joe Warren has had a very "lesner-esque" career. Phone Post
6/29/13 4:45 PM
MattyJ
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock was a freak of nature, other people may cross over but no one else will ever cross over and become a UFC champion I'm fact I don't think anyone in any sport could cross over and become UFC champ. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 4:48 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 
Rudi - 
Haulport -
MMALOGIC - 

It's illogical because it assumes that EVERYONE would make their career decision perfectly the first time out. Tat NO ONE would decide to take one path for a few years and then realize another path might be better or that pure opportunity would sway someone (i.e. The WWE gives a top wrestler $100k a year but the UFC isn't even offereing $10k a fight).

His was an absolute statement that was childish and naive and extremely illogical...

Yeah, but it's also the difference between working in 6 week stints, and being on the road for 200+ days a year that would draw those guys over that are debating on where to go. Unless you are one of those rare guys that don't have to work their way up in the ranks of pro wrestling, than MMA is probably a safer and more profitable way to go for a lot of the young guys now.

Lets take someone for instance like Rory MacDonald. If he were going the pro wrestling route, he'd be currently still working in some regional organization, making like $200 an appearance, and beating the fuck out of his body every night. At the same age, he's in the UFC, a top 10 fighter, and is a couple of wins away from a title shot. And he doesn't have to work 200 nights a year.
6/29/13 4:50 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Also Daniel Bryan, he can tap you out with 100 different submissions. Phone Post 3.0
Chris Jericho is the master of 1000 holds Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 4:53 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

InvisibleControl - Punk would be fun. He's very knowledgeable of the sport and tranes. I could see him doing okay with it. Maybe he could fight at 205.

Eve Torres would be another fun addition. She is engaged to Rener Gracie afterall. But she would need a year or two of high level traneing.
Yeah... She's got the traneing down already, just needs to work stand up. Brown belt i believe she is. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 4:58 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
InvisibleControl - Punk would be fun. He's very knowledgeable of the sport and tranes. I could see him doing okay with it. Maybe he could fight at 205.

Yeah... She's got the traneing down already, just needs to work stand up. Brown belt i believe she is. Phone Post 3.0
Her wiki page says she's a blue belt and does some kickboxing. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 5:24 PM
Haulport

Shoguns Shorts -  Cool, a vote down. Sorry your pro wrestling thread isn't going over as well as you hoped it would Phone Post

LOL, everyone's voting you down dipshit. You started at 15.

hahahaha

6/29/13 5:26 PM
Haulport

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
Haulport - 
Rudi - 
Haulport -
MMALOGIC - 

Yeah, but it's also the difference between working in 6 week stints, and being on the road for 200+ days a year that would draw those guys over that are debating on where to go. Unless you are one of those rare guys that don't have to work their way up in the ranks of pro wrestling, than MMA is probably a safer and more profitable way to go for a lot of the young guys now.

Lets take someone for instance like Rory MacDonald. If he were going the pro wrestling route, he'd be currently still working in some regional organization, making like $200 an appearance, and beating the fuck out of his body every night. At the same age, he's in the UFC, a top 10 fighter, and is a couple of wins away from a title shot. And he doesn't have to work 200 nights a year.

I didn't say that guys will be more likely to go straight into mma nowadays, I stated that MMALOGICS childish statement was illogical and lacked any understanding or experience of life.

So does anyone know if this Dolph Ziggler character is famous in pro wrasslin and has a big fan base?

6/29/13 5:28 PM
The Pendulum

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Also Daniel Bryan, he can tap you out with 100 different submissions. Phone Post 3.0
1004. Dean Malenko was the master of 1000.

Just nit picking. Phone Post
6/29/13 5:29 PM
SuperMannyFraker
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Pendulum - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -

Damnit, beat me to it.
6/29/13 5:29 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

The Pendulum -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -

Thats right. It's been years man. Seriously. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.