UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WHO Could be the Next BROCK LESNAR?!?!?!

6/29/13 5:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BTT-RyannVonDoom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Pendulum -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Also Daniel Bryan, he can tap you out with 100 different submissions. Phone Post 3.0
Chris Jericho is the master of 1000 holds Phone Post 3.0
1004. Dean Malenko was the master of 1000.

Just nit picking. Phone Post
Thats right. It's been years man. Seriously. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 5:31 PM
Harmon Whistler
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MattyJ - Brock was a freak of nature, other people may cross over but no one else will ever cross over and become a UFC champion I'm fact I don't think anyone in any sport could cross over and become UFC champ. Phone Post 3.0

I know what you're saying, but apart from younger guys like Rory MacDonald, EVERY guy has crossed over from another sport.. we're just now starting a new era where guys are coming up strictly in MMA.

6/29/13 5:55 PM
BRZ

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
InvisibleControl - Punk would be fun. He's very knowledgeable of the sport and tranes. I could see him doing okay with it. Maybe he could fight at 205.

Eve Torres would be another fun addition. She is engaged to Rener Gracie afterall. But she would need a year or two of high level traneing.
Yeah... She's got the traneing down already, just needs to work stand up. Brown belt i believe she is. Phone Post 3.0
Her wiki page says she's a blue belt and does some kickboxing. Phone Post 3.0
Eve would have been great for the 145lbs division. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 6:04 PM
KZTT_W85
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paul varelans Phone Post
6/29/13 7:09 PM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Also Daniel Bryan, he can tap you out with 100 different submissions. Phone Post 3.0
1004 holds...dean Malenko was the man of 1000 holds Phone Post
6/29/13 7:10 PM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Pendulum -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -

Damn. I should have read more first. Phone Post
6/30/13 4:44 PM
Haulport

SO no one watches wrestling around here?

I don't believe that for a second!

6/30/13 5:33 PM
Evzey
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack swagger Phone Post
6/30/13 5:38 PM
Mr Winter

Pro wrestling is about as relevant to MMA as Water Polo. Brock could do it because he was a fantastic amatuer wrestler it had nothing to do with his professional wrestling career.
6/30/13 5:38 PM
Mr Winter

Pro wrestling is about as relevant to MMA as Water Polo. Brock could do it because he was a fantastic amatuer wrestler it had nothing to do with his professional wrestling career.
6/30/13 7:06 PM
LyotoBundy
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Winter - Pro wrestling is about as relevant to MMA as Water Polo. Brock could do it because he was a fantastic amatuer wrestler it had nothing to do with his professional wrestling career.
Agreed to an extent. A lot of those guys have a combat background though, and they're all tough as fuck. Phone Post
6/30/13 7:32 PM
The Black Cheez
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, and I bet Steve Blackman could have done well since he was a legit martial artist. Alberto Del Rio has fought Mirko Cro Cop but was destroyed. Phone Post
6/30/13 8:50 PM
Paul_Blanka_Harris

so this del rio guy was dos caras from pride? ? what!!! thats crazy does he still wear a mask?? Phone Post
6/30/13 8:56 PM
ChaosOverkill
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/30/13 8:57 PM

I would imagine things being comparable most whit a competitve fire would chose MMA over Pro-Wrasslin.

Pro-Wrassling is combat acting gig, MMA is a test of skill, might and character.

6/30/13 9:04 PM
1armedScissor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People don't give Brock the credit he deserves because it's not cool. If you are honest it is easy to realize how special he was and know that what he accomplished will likely never be repeated. Phone Post
6/30/13 9:07 PM
ChaosOverkill
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1armedScissor -  People don't give Brock the credit he deserves because it's not cool. If you are honest it is easy to realize how special he was and know that what he accomplished will likely never be repeated. Phone Post

absolutely and the ironic thing is, that if his better option coming out of College was MMA he might have trained better and harder in all areas and develop a way to deal with being hit

6/30/13 9:24 PM
Rudi

ChaosOverkill -
1armedScissor -  People don't give Brock the credit he deserves because it's not cool. If you are honest it is easy to realize how special he was and know that what he accomplished will likely never be repeated. Phone Post

absolutely and the ironic thing is, that if his better option coming out of College was MMA he might have trained better and harder in all areas and develop a way to deal with being hit

Yep Phone Post
6/30/13 9:40 PM
Haulport

ChaosOverkill - 

Would have been nice to see. I always thoroughly enjoyed watching Brock fight. Major talent and a shit ton of presence. Too bad he got sick.

6/30/13 9:43 PM
Haulport

Evzey -  Jack swagger Phone Post

Very interesting.......This Swagger fellow seems like a possibility...

Huge mofo, solid ammy background. Is he very popular in Pro Wrasslin' right now?

7/1/13 2:58 AM
Ryan Black
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm... it's a tough call.

Jack Swagger has the promising amateur wrestling backround, but he'd need to step up his conditioning IMO.

Wade Barrett is promoted as a former "bare-knuckle fighting champion" from England- and I am inclined to believe this is true due to his crooked nose that's obviously been broken a few times. Think he'd be a promising 205'er.

Kofi Kingston is young and athletic as hell. Not sure if he has an amateur background, but I believe I have heard something alluding to that. He's a young guy and would likely be exciting to watch.

Antonio Cesaro. This guy is a fuckin' beast when it comes to brute, core-strength. He has been an incredible worker for years on the independent circuit, wrestling under the name Claudio Castagnoli, and he would likely be a LHW also, but I don't doubt he could kick some serious ass.

That's all I got for now. I could probably think of more... but to be honest, several pro wrestlers are incredibly athletically inclined, disciplined, and talented. I believe that, on these merits alone, there are many different young guys in the business at the moment who'd be ripe for a transition to MMAn if they so desired to persue such a commitment. Just my opinion though... Phone Post
7/1/13 7:54 AM
Bobby Lupo
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirk Angel manhandled Brock in messaround matches. When Brock was UFC champ he listed 4 MMA fighters and Kurt Angle as guys who would give him the biggest challenge.

Conor McGregor is going to be the face and voice of the UFC. Believe it.
7/1/13 8:01 AM
Dugs95

Haulport -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - CM Punk. His Muay Thai with Gracie Jiu Jitsu will give alot of people problems. Phone Post 3.0

I heard he trains but he's old too I believe (33? 34?). Is he actually legit or does he train because he's an athlete and a fan?

Ha def not legit lol.... Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 8:13 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - Kirk Angel manhandled Brock in messaround matches. When Brock was UFC champ he listed 4 MMA fighters and Kurt Angle as guys who would give him the biggest challenge.

Conor was Hornswoggle in WWE right? He definitely has made a great transition. Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 8:22 AM
NorthernIrishZombie
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Pendulum - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -

I'd like to see him tap someone with the moss-covered three-handled family gradunza.

7/1/13 8:25 AM
Bobby Lupo
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
Bobby Lupo - Kirk Angel manhandled Brock in messaround matches. When Brock was UFC champ he listed 4 MMA fighters and Kurt Angle as guys who would give him the biggest challenge.

Conor was Hornswoggle in WWE right? He definitely has made a great transition. Phone Post 3.0

VTFU

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.