UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WHO Could be the Next BROCK LESNAR?!?!?!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/1/13 8:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LucasBTiger
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport -
Rudi - 
Haulport -
MMALOGIC - 

if mma was big earlier, Brock lesnar woould have never went into the wwe... so I dont expect any more major cross overs from pro-wrestling to mma.

Shut up. For someone with "logic" in your name you sure say a lot of stupid, illogical things...

How is that illogical? because you dont agree with it? Many boxers and wwe guys has said that if mma was bigger when they were young they wouldve did it. The Rock, Mike Tyson, The Undertaker, etc.

Stop being a butthurt fuck. Phone Post

It's illogical because it assumes that EVERYONE would make their career decision perfectly the first time out. Tat NO ONE would decide to take one path for a few years and then realize another path might be better or that pure opportunity would sway someone (i.e. The WWE gives a top wrestler $100k a year but the UFC isn't even offereing $10k a fight).

His was an absolute statement that was childish and naive and extremely illogical...

I'm surprised I have to explain that to adults...

He did not state it as presumed fact; he said, with good reason, that he did not EXPECT a crossover of such magnitude again because, with the skill set of a guy like Lesnar, now that MMA is so big, guys will be more likely to attempt MMA in their youth, rather than change their mind later. These days, the odds of a guy shifting the opposite direction (ala Rampage) is a better bet.

Man, this dudes a fuckin pompous cock. Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 12:14 PM
Haulport
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should stfu too. What are you? MMALOGIC's other troll account? If you aren't, then you are just too stupid to see the dismissinve, asshole nature of his post.

7/1/13 12:15 PM
Haulport

Ryan Black -  Hmm... it's a tough call.

Jack Swagger has the promising amateur wrestling backround, but he'd need to step up his conditioning IMO.

Wade Barrett is promoted as a former "bare-knuckle fighting champion" from England- and I am inclined to believe this is true due to his crooked nose that's obviously been broken a few times. Think he'd be a promising 205'er.

Kofi Kingston is young and athletic as hell. Not sure if he has an amateur background, but I believe I have heard something alluding to that. He's a young guy and would likely be exciting to watch.

Antonio Cesaro. This guy is a fuckin' beast when it comes to brute, core-strength. He has been an incredible worker for years on the independent circuit, wrestling under the name Claudio Castagnoli, and he would likely be a LHW also, but I don't doubt he could kick some serious ass.

That's all I got for now. I could probably think of more... but to be honest, several pro wrestlers are incredibly athletically inclined, disciplined, and talented. I believe that, on these merits alone, there are many different young guys in the business at the moment who'd be ripe for a transition to MMAn if they so desired to persue such a commitment. Just my opinion though... Phone Post

Thank you for your insights.

7/1/13 12:23 PM
Chris27

You mean who would do it or who could come in and be a massive star?

I dont follow wrestling but I'm sure you can find some guys with some sort of background in real wrestling or martial arts that could probably fight but I'm not sure you can find someone who can actually fight, win a world title and be a massive superstar.

Maybe Angle when he was in his prime back in the day, he was a big enough name and had the wrestling he could have done it.

But now I have no clue.  Who are some big wrestlers today?  CM Punk? 

7/1/13 1:16 PM
dabigchet

its not going to happen because if another brock lesnar comes along he is going to do MMA first - not second. that wasn't much of a viable option for brock in 2000 when he joined wwe.

i think we will probably see more of more the king mo/rampage path of fighters going from mma to pro wrestling, but not the other way around unless a promotion wants to do novelty fights like strikeforce did with herschel walker.
7/1/13 2:18 PM
Haulport

dabigchet - its not going to happen because if another brock lesnar comes along he is going to do MMA first - not second. that wasn't much of a viable option for brock in 2000 when he joined wwe.

i think we will probably see more of more the king mo/rampage path of fighters going from mma to pro wrestling, but not the other way around unless a promotion wants to do novelty fights like strikeforce did with herschel walker.

I disagree. The WWE can afford to pay a much higher first contract to guys because they can GUARENTEE wins and a period of time to develop. The UFC seems unwilling to drop $200k on a college kid who looks good. They let them fight a bit first and develop outside their company. The kid can lose and get derailed and have lost a financial opportunity with that route but that is far less likely in WWE.

7/1/13 2:24 PM
cawsie77
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
The Pendulum -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Also Daniel Bryan, he can tap you out with 100 different submissions. Phone Post 3.0
Chris Jericho is the master of 1000 holds Phone Post 3.0
1004. Dean Malenko was the master of 1000.

Just nit picking. Phone Post
Thats right. It's been years man. Seriously. Phone Post 3.0
Including the fearsome aaaarmbaaaar Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 2:50 PM
QTyp
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Swagger (Jake Hager) is the best bet right now. He isn't near as popular as Lesnar, but I can see him doing MMA and being successful. He won't make an immediate splash like Brock, but could be a contender. I thought Bobby Lashley would have done similar, but his cardio was shit. It is getting better though, and his skill set is slowly evolving. I can see Swagger leaving WWE soon too. He gets in trouble and just doesn't seem to get "over".

Dolph Ziggler could be a talented 185er, but I don't see him leaving WWE anytime soon. His popularity is on the rise.
7/1/13 5:01 PM
Haulport

QTyp - Jack Swagger (Jake Hager) is the best bet right now. He isn't near as popular as Lesnar, but I can see him doing MMA and being successful. He won't make an immediate splash like Brock, but could be a contender. I thought Bobby Lashley would have done similar, but his cardio was shit. It is getting better though, and his skill set is slowly evolving. I can see Swagger leaving WWE soon too. He gets in trouble and just doesn't seem to get "over".

Dolph Ziggler could be a talented 185er, but I don't see him leaving WWE anytime soon. His popularity is on the rise.

Interesting. Ziggler's name keeps coming up.

7/2/13 9:41 AM
r_o_y

No one. Brock was unique. Maybe cena if he had trained but he is strictly into wrestling.

Punk maybe? But he is way too beat up from wrestling I would think.
7/2/13 11:34 AM
dirtymonkey22

Guys right now i could see coming over are Daniel Bryan and cm punk since the already train BJJ , guy that would make a brock type impact are all to old now Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 1:44 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

I'd go with Ziggler or Swagger right now. Also wasn't davey boys son going to switch to MMA?
Heard he was and he is young and a decent Ammy wrestler but he was never that big in pro wrestling so he wouldn't make as much of an impact. Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 1:50 PM
Haulport

Daniel Bryan trains? I think he's young (late 20's) right?

7/2/13 3:01 PM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 
QTyp - Jack Swagger (Jake Hager) is the best bet right now. He isn't near as popular as Lesnar, but I can see him doing MMA and being successful. He won't make an immediate splash like Brock, but could be a contender. I thought Bobby Lashley would have done similar, but his cardio was shit. It is getting better though, and his skill set is slowly evolving. I can see Swagger leaving WWE soon too. He gets in trouble and just doesn't seem to get "over".

Interesting. Ziggler's name keeps coming up.

Well, he was an all american at Penn State, also very popular right now.

Harry Smith isn't nearly as popular, but he's someone to look out for a bit, catch background, built like his dad, and has been training for MMA a bit with guys like Barnett. Also wrestles in Japan where they teach the workers how to fight. He was DH Smith or something when he was tagging with TJ Wilson in the 'E.

Jake Hager is probably the best bet though, he'd likely be a heavyweight and he has the potential to make it to the UFC if he can learn stand up. Doubtful though, because there's never going to be another Brock Lesnar.

7/2/13 3:02 PM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 

Daniel Bryan trains? I think he's young (late 20's) right?

32. He trained at extreme couture a lot when he had more free time on the indies, haven't followed pro wrestling in about 4 years so I don't know if he keeps up with it.

7/2/13 9:15 PM
ortman166

No one. A prime Brock could come to the current ufc and never sniff a title shot unless he was hand selected opponents. He came in when randy was champion.... Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 9:23 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

cawsie77 - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
The Pendulum -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Also Daniel Bryan, he can tap you out with 100 different submissions. Phone Post 3.0
Chris Jericho is the master of 1000 holds Phone Post 3.0
1004. Dean Malenko was the master of 1000.

Just nit picking. Phone Post
Thats right. It's been years man. Seriously. Phone Post 3.0
Including the fearsome aaaarmbaaaar Phone Post 3.0

7/2/13 9:44 PM
BrocksEliteStandUp

The closest to Lesnar would be Jack Swagger imo.

6 foot 5" tall, 260lbs, 31 years old, amateur wrestling background.

It all comes down to can he take a punch again though. He certainly has the wrestling background and genetics to give it a good go though.

If I had to throw any WWE superstar into the UFC tomorrow it would be him.

Fighting is obviously not for everyone though, esp if you are used to making million for pretend fighting, one of the reasons why I respect Brock so much. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.