UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GOATs and GSP

6/29/13 5:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Yamie Jagerbomb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First, GSP is also a GOAT contender. He's a badass MMAist. He dominates his opponents thoroughly.

However, when compared to others in the GOAT discussion, he doesn't seem to have the fighter mentality of taking on anyone, anywhere.

I realize he should be allowed to fight WW and continue to make the championship money, endorsements that come along with it...but, the fighters listed below were champions and still didn't give a fuck.

BJ Penn - held belt at LW & WW. Fought a 185 lb Machida. BJ doesn't give a fuck.

Chuck - as far as a I know, he never talked about fighting HW, except for saying he wanted to fight CroCop

Fedor- anyone,anywhere, no fucks given by this man

A.Silva - fought LHW 3 times

Randy - LHW & HW title holder. Fought guys way bigger ( Brock)

Jon Jones - says he will fight HW.
6/29/13 5:46 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shouldn't Royce Gracie be on that list, given your criteria? He was a WW who fought HW's.
6/29/13 5:49 PM
Yamie Jagerbomb

georgejonesjr - Shouldn't Royce Gracie be on that list, given your criteria? He was a WW who fought HW's.

Sure. I didn't include him sincehe isn't usually named as a GOAT.
6/29/13 6:53 PM
Yamie Jagerbomb

6/29/13 6:57 PM
Buck 65

This subject is stupid considering GSP fights tougher competition at WW then he would at higher weight classes. Fighting at higher weight classes is completely overrated. Hell Andersons easiest fights in his entire career were when he went to LHW. However I would like GSP to move up just because I think it would be interesting to see him fight at MW.
6/29/13 6:58 PM
Kingtony87
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oft overlooked fact about anderson is he was at one time ranked #1 at 160lbs as well as his long time reign at 185 as well as being top 5 at 205
6/29/13 9:23 PM
Yamie Jagerbomb

Kingtony87 - oft overlooked fact about anderson is he was at one time ranked #1 at 160lbs as well as his long time reign at 185 as well as being top 5 at 205

That's badass. But which organization had a 160 weight class?
6/29/13 9:27 PM
ShanTheMan
798 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasnt BJ vs Machida at Heavyweight?
6/29/13 9:29 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShanTheMan - Wasnt BJ vs Machida at Heavyweight?
Machida was, Penn wasn't lol. Phone Post
6/29/13 9:41 PM
JCON
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yamie Jagerbomb -
Kingtony87 - oft overlooked fact about anderson is he was at one time ranked #1 at 160lbs as well as his long time reign at 185 as well as being top 5 at 205

I think he means 167 lb Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 9:45 PM
15days
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy GOAT? I dont think so Tim
6/29/13 11:35 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JCON -
Yamie Jagerbomb -

I think he means 167 lb Phone Post 3.0
Yeah it was basically welterweight. Silva beat undefeated Sakurai who was highly ranked p4p at the time. Hughes defended his title against Sakurai just a couple fights later I think. So Silva had shown flashes of his ability before he put it all together.

Interesting fact, Liddell and Hughes first title defense were each against guys who had their last lost to Anderson Silva. Phone Post
6/30/13 1:19 AM
Yamie Jagerbomb

15days - Randy GOAT? I dont think so Tim

I don't think he is. His name gets thrown into mix though

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.