UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> RIP Jim Kelly

6/30/13 5:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was bummed to hear about his passing. His roles in Enter the Dragon and Black Belt Jones were a source of inspiration for me.

He was a quality karateka, and just plain cool.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/jim-kelly-dead-enter-the-dragon/
6/30/13 5:26 PM
JOB
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aw damn, that sucks... I watched a video of him about a year or two ago in an interview. He aged a lot, but looked healthy. RIP. Enter the Dragon was my favourite film as a child.
6/30/13 7:16 PM
JOB
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's the interview - He talks about bumping into John Saxon back in 1991 taking Gracie Jiu-Jitsu lessons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGTRugkyCFs
6/30/13 7:41 PM
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JOB - Here's the interview - He talks about bumping into John Saxon back in 1991 taking Gracie Jiu-Jitsu lessons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGTRugkyCFs

Cool interview! Thanks for sharing.
6/30/13 7:45 PM
BLACK ROOSTER
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Man, you come right out of a comic book."

rip Phone Post
6/30/13 8:20 PM
Roy Batty
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was such a great role in such a great movie. RIP.
6/30/13 10:52 PM
Another Foob

FixedPartialArts - I thought you were talking about the American football player. That's a relief.

Your handle is pretty cool, but your comment isn't.
6/30/13 11:02 PM
FixedPartialArts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another Foob - 
FixedPartialArts - I thought you were talking about the American football player. That's a relief.

I didn't mean anything by it. That was my genuine reaction at the time I clicked on this thread. Jim Kelly the footballer is a lot younger, and I know of him, he was healthy last time I heard, and seems like a pretty good dude. This guy is quite a bit older, and I've never heard of him. If I felt bad every time a 67-year old who I didn't know anything about, died, I'd be pretty depressed. But 67 years old is too young probably too, depending upon what kind of health he was in. It's too bad.
6/30/13 11:23 PM
Another Foob

FixedPartialArts - 
Another Foob - 

I didn't mean anything by it. That was my genuine reaction at the time I clicked on this thread. Jim Kelly the footballer is a lot younger, and I know of him, he was healthy last time I heard, and seems like a pretty good dude. This guy is quite a bit older, and I've never heard of him. If I felt bad every time a 67-year old who I didn't know anything about, died, I'd be pretty depressed. But 67 years old is too young probably too, depending upon what kind of health he was in. It's too bad.

Fair enough. I posted this, surprised that the UG wasn't already lit up with his remembrance. I guess I'm realizing Jim Kelly wasn't as much of a celebrity to the rest of the world as he was to me.
6/30/13 11:57 PM
Chitat
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP

"I'll be too busy looking good"

"I'll take you and you and you annnnd you. Please understand, if I missed anyone, it's been a big day and I'm a little tired"
7/1/13 12:05 AM
CoryMatthews

I have no idea how to quote on the app but just to make you feel bad cause you wanted to shit on Jim Kelly

The football player actually isn't healthy and has cancer, seriously google it

Go dolphins Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 1:22 AM
Randy Watson

RIP Black Samurai.

He was cool as...
7/1/13 2:00 AM
stevekt
708 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/1/13 2:02 AM
stevekt
708 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/1/13 8:07 AM
Bootsy Collins
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Straight outta a comic book, man
7/1/13 8:10 AM
JudOWNED
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy stands right along side greats like Lee and Norris. RIP.
7/1/13 8:41 AM
StringerBell

Chitat - RIP

"I'll be too busy looking good"

"I'll take you and you and you annnnd you. Please understand, if I missed anyone, it's been a big day and I'm a little tired"
Phone Post
7/1/13 9:01 AM
R00STER
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I loved his kiai from ETD...used to emulate it in my TMA days. :) he was a cool dude.

"Ghettos are the same everywhere....they stink"

(Hopefully I didn't mess that quote up. You guys already used all my favorites!) Phone Post
7/1/13 10:11 AM
latinthunder
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP
7/1/13 10:12 AM
RedDragonUK
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP great performance in Enter the dragon
7/1/13 10:39 AM
RickStorm
1914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

R.I.P.

7/1/13 2:07 PM
stickman
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wearing my afro at half-mast.

RIP Black Belt Jones :-(
7/1/13 2:57 PM
staygreenponyboy
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Jim
7/1/13 3:05 PM
bagger
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CoryMatthews - I have no idea how to quote on the app but just to make you feel bad cause you wanted to shit on Jim Kelly

The football player actually isn't healthy and has cancer, seriously google it

Go dolphins Phone Post 3.0

Actually he just found out he's cancer free after surgery

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214357/article/jim-kelly-buffalo-bills-legend-glad-to-be-cancer-free

7/1/13 4:29 PM
MCchoke
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.