UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen opens as favorite over Rua

7/1/13 2:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
raags
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight will have a bunch of threads with the same rhetoric coming along every time. People saying Shogun is shot and will get gassed by Chael's pace, and others saying Chael is a choker, that he has never beat anyone as good as Shogun and citing some bad losses on his record. I do not look forward to the discussion about this fight.

7/1/13 2:29 AM
Jacinto
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like some easy cash to be made to me.
7/1/13 3:00 AM
XIITT_Anderson P Sonnen_
689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael will out wrestle Rua no doubt about that. I see it going to the ground early, but Shogun when full of energy, has amazing sweeps and transitions from the bottom. Unless he subs Chael in the first two rounds (highly possible) I see Sonnen grinding out a decision.

Very interesting fight. Phone Post
7/1/13 3:13 AM
Attila
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LibraryCard - What? The bookies got trolled by Sonnen. Rua's gonna knock Chael the fuck out. Sonnen is a B-level fighter and always has been.

The house makes money no matter what dude. That's because odds are based on how people are betting. And bookies have nothing to do with the official odds. AND B-level fighters don't nearly beat Anderson Silva. You're not too bright.
7/1/13 3:19 AM
zazen br
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll make money by betting not only on Shogun, but on Shogun but specifically by sub. It'll sound obvious after the fight happens but no one is saying it right now.
7/1/13 3:31 AM
rMar89
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael takes it easily. Shogun is but a shadow of his former self Phone Post
7/1/13 3:32 AM
inf0
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rMar89 -  Chael takes it easily. Shogun is but a shadow of his former self Phone Post

just another blind Sonnen nut hugger with no grasp of reality.

7/1/13 3:42 AM
Don_Dada
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun will make Chael go fetal again, IMO. Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 4:16 AM
sandwich samurai
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i watched Chael against Silva nervously as i really wanted Sonnen to lose, but in his quest (both times) i gained a major respect for him. He challenges the best, and though Shogun is a total stud as well, I have to root for Sonnen.
7/1/13 4:44 AM
pegson123

I think sonnen is to the stage where curling up and quitting is ok in his mind. First signs of adversity sonnen folds Phone Post
7/1/13 4:47 AM
GSPsShadyHandWraps
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 
rMar89 -  Chael takes it easily. Shogun is but a shadow of his former self Phone Post

just another blind Sonnen nut hugger with no grasp of reality.

You not helping here brah, we need them to bet on him to get us better odds. Easiest money in a long time
7/1/13 4:52 AM
inf0
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha bet now.... then

7/1/13 4:56 AM
Ian King
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a great fight. I'm excited to see it go down, two of my favorites, I don't even care who wins. Phone Post
7/1/13 6:10 AM
orcus

I can't say I'd be shocked to see Chael win, but I expect Shogun to finish him.

7/1/13 6:12 AM
absolutesperry
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't see this going past 1 Rnd. Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 7:42 AM
Bobby Lupo
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zazen br - I'll make money by betting not only on Shogun, but on Shogun but specifically by sub. It'll sound obvious after the fight happens but no one is saying it right now.

I'd like a prop bet for Shogun by triangle choke.
7/1/13 7:59 AM
Lazer MMA

Bobby Lupo - 
zazen br - I'll make money by betting not only on Shogun, but on Shogun but specifically by sub. It'll sound obvious after the fight happens but no one is saying it right now.

I'd like a prop bet for Shogun by triangle choke.

Only JBJ has held him down iirc. Dreams swept away. Sonnen to be sent back to MW again where he belongs. Shogun may win via TKO via GNP after reversal though.

This would be Sonnen's biggest win ever, much better have lost to Shogun.
7/1/13 8:21 AM
Agnt

Shogun can't defend a takedown if his life depended on it.
7/1/13 8:46 AM
LucasBTiger
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LibraryCard - What? The bookies got trolled by Sonnen. Rua's gonna knock Chael the fuck out. Sonnen is a B-level fighter and always has been.
Pfffffft Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 8:53 AM
mose
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally, I think Shogun is a shot fighter.

But, I freely admit that I could be wrong. This is the perfect fight to discover if '2005 Shogun'(or even the 2009-2010 version) still exists in any way.

7/1/13 9:40 AM
naughtïïdawg
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 -

lol....... this is funny shit.

This! is Cecil Peoples doing the odds now? Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 9:48 AM
Lazer MMA

Agnt - Shogun can't defend a takedown if his life depended on it.

Like he gives a F! Not even Arona could keep him down. DERP
LMFAO @ this.

This was projected to open with Shogun -185! http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/mma-odds-and-ends-for-monday-sonnen-vs-rua-machida-vs-davis-targeted/

WTF knows about this site

www.sportsinteraction.com?????????????/
7/1/13 9:54 AM
Joeymarvelous
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hate to say it, but this has Sonnen UD via wrestlesex written all over it. I hope Rua can pull it off, but he's got one round of gas to get it done. Phone Post
7/1/13 9:58 AM
mose
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
Agnt - Shogun can't defend a takedown if his life depended on it.

Like he gives a F! Not even Arona could keep him down. DERP
LMFAO @ this.

This was projected to open with Shogun -185! http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/mma-odds-and-ends-for-monday-sonnen-vs-rua-machida-vs-davis-targeted/

WTF knows about this site

www.sportsinteraction.com?????????????/

is the Arona example, from almost 8 years ago, really relevant to evaluating Rua in 2013?

I think even the biggest Rua fan would admit that 2005 Rua, perhaps the best run in the sport's history(besides Jones), is not who will be entering the cage against Sonnen.

7/1/13 10:03 AM
Lazer MMA

Attila - 
LibraryCard - What? The bookies got trolled by Sonnen. Rua's gonna knock Chael the fuck out. Sonnen is a B-level fighter and always has been.

The house makes money no matter what dude. That's because odds are based on how people are betting. And bookies have nothing to do with the official odds. AND B-level fighters don't nearly beat Anderson Silva. You're not too bright.

Moran you are talking about "betting" prior to the opening line getting set LMFAO. DERP!

Lines are set to protect the house and if a BS line is set they can lose big right away.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.