UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen opens as favorite over Rua

7/1/13 10:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mose - 
Lazer MMA - 
Agnt - Shogun can't defend a takedown if his life depended on it.

Like he gives a F! Not even Arona could keep him down. DERP
LMFAO @ this.

This was projected to open with Shogun -185! http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/mma-odds-and-ends-for-monday-sonnen-vs-rua-machida-vs-davis-targeted/

WTF knows about this site

www.sportsinteraction.com?????????????/

is the Arona example, from almost 8 years ago, really relevant to evaluating Rua in 2013?

I think even the biggest Rua fan would admit that 2005 Rua, perhaps the best run in the sport's history(besides Jones), is not who will be entering the cage against Sonnen.

DERP

Um, if your talking flying spinning ninja kicks like he threw at Arona then this 2005 stuff matters. If your talking about Shogun just sweeping much better guys then Sonnen without much effort (like Arona) then no it does not. Watch the damn fight FFS and watch! LOl
7/1/13 10:09 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

derelict - 
voorhees - Sorry but Shogun ISNT Anderson or Jones.
I came here to say this. Phone Post 3.0

Totally dude, especially considering all the big wins Chael has at LHW. Like ummm.....
7/1/13 10:10 AM
Lazer MMA

YukiNakai'sEye - 3 or 5 rounds? Phone Post 3.0

7/1/13 10:12 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joeymarvelous -  Hate to say it, but this has Sonnen UD via wrestlesex written all over it. I hope Rua can pull it off, but he's got one round of gas to get it done. Phone Post

Chael fades in fights almost as bad as Shogun. The only difference id Shogun is nearly impossible to break, Chael will give up.
7/1/13 11:02 AM
Ironhouse
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun's takedown defense is brutal, BUT, Chael's sub defense is pretty brutal too. Interesting match up from that POV.
7/1/13 11:06 AM
Ironhouse
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite part of Chael fights is how he walks out, 0 fear, 0 hesitation, right to his opponent and gets right in their face instantly. I don't like grinding but I love that walk across fearless strategy to freak his opponent out.
7/1/13 11:13 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/01/13 11:14 AM
Ironhouse - My favorite part of Chael fights is how he walks out, 0 fear, 0 hesitation, right to his opponent and gets right in their face instantly. I don't like grinding but I love that walk across fearless strategy to freak his opponent out.

I like how when his opponent is getting prepped to enter the cage, Chael is at the cage door calling him to get in.

7/1/13 11:29 AM
Attila
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LibraryCard - 
Attila - 
LibraryCard - What? The bookies got trolled by Sonnen. Rua's gonna knock Chael the fuck out. Sonnen is a B-level fighter and always has been.

The house makes money no matter what dude. That's because odds are based on how people are betting. And bookies have nothing to do with the official odds. AND B-level fighters don't nearly beat Anderson Silva. You're not too bright.

I know odds change as people bet but you're telling me that no one sets the betting odds to start it off? Really?

And yeah Sonnen is a one trick pony with his constant wrestling lay and pray approach. So he almost beat AS but he didn't, he lost and tapped within a second of being locked in a triangle.

Chael is 6-6 in the UFC all loses coming by finishes, while only finishing 1 opponent himself. You call that an A level fighter????? Cmon, there has to be limits.

Whenever you see odds posted, they're based on how people are betting, not some bookie's opinion. Otherwise they'd be completely meaningless.

3 of Sonnen's losses were to Silva/Jones, and B-level fighters don't beat Okami, Marquardt, Stann and Bisping. A guy who's ranked top-5 for multiple years in a row certainly qualifies as A-level to me.
7/1/13 11:31 AM
Lazer MMA

Attila - 
LibraryCard - 
Attila - 
LibraryCard - What? The bookies got trolled by Sonnen. Rua's gonna knock Chael the fuck out. Sonnen is a B-level fighter and always has been.

The house makes money no matter what dude. That's because odds are based on how people are betting. And bookies have nothing to do with the official odds. AND B-level fighters don't nearly beat Anderson Silva. You're not too bright.

I know odds change as people bet but you're telling me that no one sets the betting odds to start it off? Really?

And yeah Sonnen is a one trick pony with his constant wrestling lay and pray approach. So he almost beat AS but he didn't, he lost and tapped within a second of being locked in a triangle.

Chael is 6-6 in the UFC all loses coming by finishes, while only finishing 1 opponent himself. You call that an A level fighter????? Cmon, there has to be limits.

Whenever you see odds posted, they're based on how people are betting, not some bookie's opinion. Otherwise they'd be completely meaningless.

3 of Sonnen's losses were to Silva/Jones, and B-level fighters don't beat Okami, Marquardt, Stann and Bisping. A guy who's ranked top-5 for multiple years in a row certainly qualifies as A-level to me.

Dude I'm not sure but I think you're OK gust stop. SIT TF DOWN!

THERE IS NO BETTING BEFORE an "OPENING LINE" FFS
7/1/13 11:33 AM
Lazer MMA

BEWARE!
From a thread I just made " WTF KNOWS sportsinteraction.com ?"
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ns/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=2194352&page=1#post-45400457

EckY - They are fuckng scumbags, blocked my account despite having money in it that I had won, just because I accessed their site whilst on vacation in the US, despite my registered address being in the UK as well as the bank account I had attached to it.
7/1/13 11:34 AM
JetSetter

LibraryCard - What? The bookies got trolled by Sonnen. Rua's gonna knock Chael the fuck out. Sonnen is a B-level fighter and always has been.
Yup Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 11:43 AM
Infamous Ed

voorhees - Sorry but Shogun ISNT Anderson or Jones.
You don't have to be like them to beat a guy like sonnen. Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 11:43 AM
Attila
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
Attila - 
LibraryCard - 
Attila - 

Dude I'm not sure but I think you're OK gust stop. SIT TF DOWN!

THERE IS NO BETTING BEFORE an "OPENING LINE" FFS

Forget to take your meds today? Angry and incomprehensible is never a good combination.
7/1/13 11:52 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 07/01/13 11:55 AM

What is "incomprehensible" is that anyone can be so fuckin ignorant and stupid as to not understand that EXPERTS set the fuckin opening lines and that there is NO betting before the opening line is set (even after being told this lol). SIT TF DOWN!
7/1/13 12:03 PM
Wonkamaster

Easy win for Chael.
7/1/13 12:03 PM
Attila

Edited: 07/01/13 12:06 PM
Lazer MMA - 
What is "incomprehensible" is that anyone can be so fuckin ignorant and stupid as to not understand that EXPERTS set the fuckin opening lines and that there is NO betting before the opening line is set (even after being told this lol). SIT TF DOWN!

The odds change as soon as bets get placed so the opening line is almost never what you see when you look up the odds or see them quoted in an article, including this one. And calm the fuck down asshole. Your life must absolutely suck judging by the way you post.

7/1/13 12:05 PM
SHOGUN250
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun's REALLY only sustained two brutal, brutal fights, and in one of those he came back over the final rounds and arguably won. That being said, yeah he's slowed down considerably, but surprisingly Sonnen is 5 years older and has more fights on his record. Has Shogun slowed down more? Maybe, but I still think he's got the chops to get this done, both on the feet and especially on the ground. I won't be surprised to see a close decision go Chaels way, but I think we see Shogun finish via GNP late in the first/early second.
7/1/13 12:07 PM
Sinful1
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfortunately I see it Chael by Boring hump session
7/1/13 12:49 PM
Lazer MMA

Two more lines JUST opened. They have each fighter @ -114 & -120 respectively. Just got my first bet in.
7/1/13 1:04 PM
GSP24

I really don't know who to pick in this fight.

Both have advantages and disadvantages in this being a 5 rounder.

Tough call. Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 1:07 PM
YousHerName

Chael has been able to escape his last few fights without getting seriously hurt. Im afraid he wont be able to against shogun. This ends violently unless he gives up a submission early. But I have a feeling Shogun ends Sonnens career Phone Post
7/1/13 1:16 PM
epwar
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm more curious to know the odds on Zuffa giving Chael another main event after he gives another embarrassing performance.

7/1/13 1:22 PM
Evzey
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think can go either way. Quick tko or sub for shogun or Dec for sonnen wouldn't bet on this fight.

Shogun isn't the same fighter he was in 2005 Phone Post
7/1/13 1:26 PM
ontilt
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol Shogun is going to finish Chael.
7/1/13 1:30 PM
Coffin Joe
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All the talk about Shogun's questionable cardio/endurance...who has outlasted him?

Not as explosive or-arguably--as technical as he was when he was healthier/younger, but the mofo is still a tank.

Heavy artillery.

Chael is doomed.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.