UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Brandon Mullins New Apple Apps vs Bigger Opponents

7/1/13 2:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stephan Kesting
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Free Roadmap for BJJ Book

Hello Atama BJJ forum, today I'm releasing a brand new iPhone app at a killer discount.  The Takedowns and Top Position Gameplan app (volume 6 in the How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent series), and it features world champion  Brandon 'Wolverine' Mullins.

Just like the last time I released some new apps I'm planning on releasing one app per day for the next five days.  And on the day of release each app is going to be 50% off ($9.99 instead of $19.99).

The discount for each app will last approximately 24 hours before it rolls over to the next app.

I think these next five apps are absolutely awesome, but to help you make your decision I'm going to give you some more information and some links to some preview videos too.  Here goes...

This is the sixth app in the How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent series.  And the trick to doing that is having both super-effective techniques at your disposal AND the correct gameplan to put your moves together.  Once you have a coherent gameplan composed of high-percentage techniques then you'll actually start being able to successfully showcase your grappling skills against much bigger and more powerful opponents.

In Takedowns and Top Position Gameplan, Brandon 'Wolverine' Mullins and I work together to give you techniques and gameplans for:

• Getting a larger opponent to the ground,
  • Passing his guard,
  • Controlling the top position
  • Finishing him with submissions that don't require tons of strength.

But even more importantly Brandon puts all these techniques into the context of 'gameplans' which are specific strategies that tell you when you should use a specific technique and how to link different techniques together.
Brandon's gameplans include strategies for preventing your opponent from being able to control you, getting your grips on your feet, taking your opponent down, passing his guard, getting to a dominant position, and submitting him with chokes and joint locks.

Like every other instructional app in this series, Takedowns and Top Position Gameplan is designed to give you the techniques and strategies that are especially effective against opponents who are much bigger, stronger, and more muscular than you.

You'll also learn specific ways to stay safe and avoid injury on the mats when rolling with heavier grapplers.

ABOUT BRANDON MULLINS

Brandon Mullins is a world champion BJJ black belt based out of Houston Texas. A very active competitor, Brandon has tested himself in well over 200 competition matches at BJJ, no-gi submission grappling, and Judo tournaments.

He has compiled a phenomenal record, both with and without the gi: he's won gold medals at the Black Belt division at the No-Gi World Championships.  And multiple gold medals in the Advanced division at Grappler's Quest.   And medals at the Mundials, the Pan-Ams, the US Open, and the Gracie World's (the bottom line is that this wealth of competition experience means that he's tested and retested his strategies and techniques under incredibly challenging situations and proven that they work.)

FEATURES

• 2 hours, 30 minutes of pure, filler-free instruction
  • Every technique, strategy and training drill is focused on allowing you to survive and thrive while grappling against opponents much larger than you on the mats
  • All the footage has been professionally filmed and edited for maximum ease of learning
  • The app includes complete menus for easy navigation
  • You can create a list of your favourite techniques and drills using our one-click 'favourite' feature
  •  The app is designed to download to your phone or iPad; an internet connection is NOT required to view the videos
  • BONUS: 'The Roadmap for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu' book for free!
7/1/13 2:11 AM
Stephan Kesting
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

INDEX for TAKEDOWNS AND TOP POSITION GAMEPLAN

1.    The Power of Gameplans
    2.    Gripping and First Move Stategy
    3.    Gripping vs Matched Lead
    4.    Drop Sode Tsurikomigoshi
    5.    Sode to Kouchi Gari
    6.    Arm Drag to Kouchi Gake
    7.    Gripping vs Unmatched Lead
    8.    Cross Grip to Kouchi Gari
    9.    Cross Grip to Sumi Gaeshi
    10.    Safety Position in Closed Guard
    11.    Knee in Middle Pass
    12.    Passing the Half Guard
    13.    Debugging the Half Guard Pass
    14.    Kneecut vs Half Butterfly
    15.    Cartwheel Pass vs Half Butterfly
    16.    The 'Psych' Pass vs Half Butterfly
    17.    Kneeswitch Pass vs Half Guard
    18.    Passing the Z Guard Part 1
    19.    Passing the Z Guard Part 2
    20.    Finalizing the Guardpass vs Explosive Bridging
    21.    Stabilizing the Sidemount, & Best Submissions from Sidemount
    22.    Kneeslide from Sidemount to Mount
    23.    Legswing from Sidemount to Mount
    24.    Maintaining the Mount
    25.    Rolling Armbar Attack vs Bridge and Push
    26.    Triangle vs Hip Wrap and Bump
    27.    Rear Mount Attacks

PRICING

This is a premium app, which means the regular price is going to be $19.99.  But for today only it's on sale at $9.99, which is 50% off.

When the next app in the series comes out tomorrow then this app will go up in price and the discount will roll forward to the next app. 

Here's the link to the app the iTunes store:

==> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/how-to-defeat-bigger-stronger/id662683933?ls=1&mt=8

I learned a ton of good stuff working with Brandon on this instructional series and I hope you get as much out of it as I did!

Thanks!

Stephan Kesting
Grapplearts.com

P.S. We are currently working on the Android versions of these Bigger, Stronger apps, Hopefully they'll be out within a month - so if you have an Android phone or tablet please stay posted.

7/1/13 2:14 AM
Stephan Kesting

Edited: 07/01/13 2:14 AM

Preview 1: What is this 'Gameplan' business and how can it help you on the mats?

7/1/13 2:18 AM
Stephan Kesting

Preview 2: Quite possibly the best takedown vs Bigger Opponents

7/1/13 2:19 AM
Stephan Kesting

Preview 3: How to pin and submit somebody bigger than you in Sidemount

7/1/13 2:19 AM
Stephan Kesting

Edited: 07/01/13 2:20 AM

Preview 4: How to Pass the Z Guard

And here's the link to the app in the iTunes store

==> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/how-to-defeat-bigger-stronger/id662683933?ls=1&mt=8

7/2/13 3:00 AM
Stephan Kesting

The next app in the How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent series with Brandon Mullins has just been released!

It's a really useful and interesting resource called the Guard and Bottom Position Gameplan app with Brandon Wolverine Miullins and myself.

This app has a very specific focus: it breaks down advanced closed guard attacks and techniques for you like never before.  

We start by breaking down the specific techniques techniques you can use to stop your opponent from passing your guard, regardless of his size.  From there you'll learn then how to blend sweep and submission attacks, either sweeping your opponent to his back or finishing the match with chokes and armlocks.

Most interestingly the material is tied together with strategies and gameplans that make it easy to remember the techniques and to know when to use them.  

At two hours and 19 minutes in length and with detailed in-depth instruction this app is an absolutely excellent value.

INDEX

1. Guard Game / Bottom Strategy Intro
2. Stripping Lapel Grips
3. Stripping Belt Grips
4. Stripping Sleeve Grips
5. Dealing with Bicep Control
6. Breaking Posture from Closed Guard
7. Intro to Triangle Chokes
8. Gringo Grip to Triangle Choke
9. Gringo Grip to Omoplata
10. Hip Bump Sweep
11. Hip Bump Sweep Variation
12. Whizzer to Triangle Choke
13. Wrist Pin Triangle Choke
14. Whizzer to Omoplata
15. Omoplata as Sprawl Counter
16. Whizzer to Straight Armbar
17. Double Arm Trap to Triangle Choke
18. Double Arm Trap to Sweep
19. Advanced Pendulum Sweep
20. Pendulum Sweep Recounters
21. Double Underhook and Leg Bind
22. Kimura vs Defensive Posture
23. Belt Drag vs Defensive Posture
24. Guillotine/Triangle vs Defensive Posture
25. Defending the Barbosa/San Paulo Pass

Here's the link for more info and to grab the app at half price for the next 24 hours:

==> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/how-to-defeat-bigger-stronger/id662684499?ls=1&mt=8

Thanks

Stephan Kesting

7/2/13 3:01 AM
Stephan Kesting

Preview 1 of second Brandon Mullins App

7/2/13 3:02 AM
Stephan Kesting

Preview 2 of second Brandon Mullins App

7/2/13 3:03 AM
Stephan Kesting

Preview 3 of the second Brandon Mullins App - every white belt should be forced to watch this video and learn the material verbatim!

7/3/13 2:19 AM
Stephan Kesting

The third app in the Brandon Mullins series is out!

In this app BJJ black belt and world champion Brandon ‘Wolverine’ Mullins gives you step-by-step instructions for protecting yourself in bad positions and how to get out of them.

He covers the highest percentage escapes for the mount, technical mount, the quarter guard, rear mount, rear mount with figure 4′d legs, side mount and the turtle.

You can get more information about the Defense and Escapes Gameplan app on my site:
http://www.grapplearts.com/Blog/defe...-gameplan-app/

Here's the direct link to the app in iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/how-...5968?ls=1&mt=8

And here is the index of techniques covered.  At almost 2 hours in length it's a great value, especially if you grab it from iTunes in the next 24 hours while it's 50% off

1. Defense and Escape Gameplan
2. Advanced Elbow-Knee Escape vs Mount
3. Foot Drag Escape
4. Double-Unders Escape vs Technical Mount
5. Shrimp and Lift vs Technical Mount
6. Reguarding from the Quarter Guard
7. Following the Hand Escape vs Rear Mount
8. Slow Motion Seoi Nage vs Rear Mount
9. Escaping Rear Mount in Transition
10. Somersault Escape vs Rear Body Triangle
11. Scarola Roll vs Rear Body Triangle
12. Crossing the Arm Escape vs Rear Body Triangle
13. Transitional Foot Drag vs Side Mount
14. Granby Roll vs Side Mount
15. Other Transitional Escapes vs Side Mount
16. Bumping to an Armbar vs Side Mount
17. Pummel Escape vs Side Mount
18. Turtle Escapes
19. Escaping in Transition vs North-South
20. Defending Big Guy Attacks

7/3/13 2:20 AM
Stephan Kesting

Preview 1 of the third Brandon Mullins App - Defense and Escape Gameplan

7/3/13 2:22 AM
Stephan Kesting

Preview 2 of the 3rd Brandon Mullins app

7/3/13 2:24 AM
Stephan Kesting

Preview 3 of the 3rd Brandon Mullins app

Available for iPhone and iPad on iTunes right now (Android coming soon)

More info here:

==> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/how-to-defeat-bigger-stronger/id662685968?ls=1&mt=8

7/3/13 11:29 PM
Stephan Kesting

OK, today's app is my favorite!  Of course Brandon's apps are all absolutely first class, but today I like this one the most  because it has so much material in it that you can learn today and use on the mats tomorrow.

It's called Instant BJJ Gamechangers!

It's a collection of the techniques, tricks and moves that Brandon has learned over the years which made his game jump up a full level overnight.  

This is the fun stuff - something that you can watch on your phone or tablet today and use on the mats tomorrow.

Instant BJJ Gamechangers fits in well with the other apps, of course, but it's also a stellar stand-alone product. If you've been wondering about whether to get one of Brandon's apps this would be the one.

It's 50% off for the next 24 hours - $9.99 instead of the usual $20.  

You can grab it at the link below

==> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/how-to-defeat-bigger-stronger/id662686530?ls=1&mt=8

I'm sure you'll get a whole bunch of useable material from this app.  Trust me on this one.

Stephan Kesting

Grapplearts.com

7/3/13 11:30 PM
Stephan Kesting

Preview 1 of Instant BJJ Gamechangers (this is a brand new youtube video)

7/3/13 11:32 PM
Stephan Kesting

Preview 2 of Instant BJJ Gamechangers: An Advanced Omoplata Finish

7/3/13 11:33 PM
Stephan Kesting

Preview 3 of the Instant BJJ Gamechangers app - An Advanced Closed Guard Sweep

7/5/13 2:17 AM
Stephan Kesting

This five-apps-in-five-days thing has come close to killing me, but I've heard back from a lot of people who've really enjoyed these apps.  So I've got one last app for you today...

It's the fifth Brandon Mullins app - Strategy and Tactics for No Gi - and you can grab it in the iTunes store right now.

This app is all about staying technical when you don't have gi handles to use, and Brandon shares a lot of tweaks and adjustments that have allowed him to come from a BJJ background and do so well in no gi competition

Here's the link to the app in the iTunes store:

Here's some further description about the app on my site

Thanks for allowing me to go on and on about these apps.  I think they're a unique product that's really going to help a lot of people

Cheers
Stephan Kesting

7/5/13 2:20 AM
Stephan Kesting

Preview 1 of the No Gi Strategy and Tactics App - How to initiate the action when your opponent is standing above you in your open guard and not engaging

7/5/13 2:22 AM
Stephan Kesting

Preview 2 of the No Gi Strategy and Tactics App - How to still get better when you can't train

More info at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/how-to-defeat-bigger-stronger/id662687173?ls=1&mt=8

7/8/13 2:42 PM
TBoy2
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Purchased 3 of the apps. I just missed sale on the Guard DVD buy a couple hours.

Watched 2 of the DVDs already and I can't wait to try out some of the techniques in class. What I have seen so far is awesome! Great advanced basics.

7/9/13 2:03 PM
ilnosnirx
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I bought the dvd set is there somehow I could load the apps free? does the dvd set bring a code to download the apps or something? I think I might prefer to have these.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.