UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renzo was a 14 year old bouncer in a whore house

7/1/13 1:41 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Actor/stuntman/fighter Paul "The Mauler" Lazenby has an awesome new Facebook page - When We Were Bouncers. Every Monday he presents a crazy new story from former security personnel who went on to become became actors, fighters, comedians, pro wrestlers, stuntmen and other standouts in their chosen fields.

Recently he interviewed Renzo Gracie.

WHEN I WAS FOURTEEN YEARS OLD, I was a bouncer in a whorehouse in the Amazon.

This was in the city of Manaus, in Brazil, where me and a very good friend of mine were living. I was fourteen and he was sixteen, and we raised some money to go to the “ladies’ house.” But when we get there and we sit down to wait for a room to be vacant, a huge problem arise.

A guy, he didn’t wanna pay and it was a mess. He started pushing the ladies around, so the bouncer came in, an older guy. And when the bouncer came in, the guy head butt him and knock him out! And I just think, “Oh, man, this is it! I was able to put the money together to come here and enjoy a good time, and now this guy’s gonna ruin everything!”

So I look at my friend and I say, “You shoot on the legs, I am gonna choke him out”. So my friend shot on his legs and grabbed them, and I jump on his back and choke him out! And after I choke him, I grab his wallet and I pay the lady what he owe, and then I wake him up and kick him out. Tell him not to come back.

When the bouncer woke up, he saw what happened, and right away he ask us to work there with him. So we did work there, helping him. In reality it was a great thing, because before that I didn’t [have anything] to eat, anywhere to sleep, and they hook me up with everything. I stayed there for three months and a half, and I not only work as a bouncer in a nice house, but they even give me the ladies’ service for free! It was unbelievable! (laughs)

A few years later, I was working at a huge concert in Rio called “Hollywood Rock”. I was taking care of the sound tower, and as I’m sitting up there, I heard a huge discussion down [below me]. I look down, and I recognize the guy who the bouncers are having a problem with, so I go down to solve the problem.

As I get down there, I see they don’t wanna let the guy come in. The guy keeps telling them, “I have to come in to fix the sound! I’m gonna play next and I have to fix this!” And the bouncer goes, “You don’t have the credentials, you can’t walk in! I don’t care who you are!” But the guy is pleading with him, “I have to come in, I’m playing next, I have to do this!”

So I come over and I say, “Guys, we have to let him in”, and the bouncer goes, “Renzo, you’re too nice with everybody all the time! We can not! The orders is not to let those in who don’t have credentials!”

And then I say, “Guys! BON JOVI has to come in to fix the sound!” It was Jon Bon Jovi, the singer of one of my favourite bands! (laughs) So I grab Bon Jovi, I bring him in, and he took care of, and then they played an unbelievable show.

On the same concert, we had a guy at one of the entrances who was insulting everybody and spitting at the bouncers, but because the press was there to witness everything, nobody could do anything about the guy. So the head of security call me on the radio and say, “We have a problem at Gate Six.” At the time, I was working at Gate Four, so I leave my gate without my shirt, without credentials, without nothing. I [arrive at] Gate Six running, and right away I get into a fight with this guy and I beat him up. Then I run back to Gate Four and put my shirt and credentials back on! (laughs)

Whenever I work in that place, that was my job -- when a problem had no solution, I would come [wearing no identification] to beat them up and leave... and even the other security guys didn’t know what happened! Only the head of security knows, because he was a very good friend of mine and I was always giving him a hand. (laughs) Some unbelievable moments I had!

Read entire Facebook... ('Big' John McCarthy is the latest :-)
Follow on Twitter...

7/1/13 1:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
i remember halloween
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy story.  I don't know if I believe it, but it's funny nevertheless.

7/1/13 1:50 PM
Sober
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

f'n renzo. dude needs to write a book for sure
7/1/13 1:52 PM
Kirik
1680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
i remember halloween - 

Crazy story.  I don't know if I believe it, but it's funny nevertheless.

I have heard crazier stories second hand from eyewitnesses, and way crazier stories first hand :-)

7/1/13 1:55 PM
dannyapodaca
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I bet alot of stories cant be told Phone Post
7/1/13 1:56 PM
Ian King
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love Renzo. "So I was 14, and headed to whorehouse, got lucky and got to stomp a trick before I got laid for free. When I was 14." Phone Post
7/1/13 1:57 PM
tylerstodghill

Man, Renzo is a bad ass. Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 2:07 PM
HoldYerGround
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL love Renzo, "didn’t [have anything] to eat, anywhere to sleep" but has money to buy whores instead.
7/1/13 2:08 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

I want to believe!! Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 2:22 PM
PUBLICnoose

good for him Phone Post
7/1/13 2:26 PM
patsully98
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How, how can one person be so awesome? Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 2:29 PM
Chris
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

renzo seriously needs to write a book.

7/1/13 2:31 PM
tempus

Pitbull3744 - 
HoldYerGround - LOL love Renzo, "didn’t [have anything] to eat, anywhere to sleep" but has money to buy whores instead.
Did u read it said he got the ladies for free? Phone Post 3.0

He says in the first paragraph that he saved money to go
7/1/13 2:32 PM
Barry Soetoro Jr

Haha, Renzo is the king.
7/1/13 2:34 PM
mcq
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's one of my all time favorites.
7/1/13 2:38 PM
LyotoBundy
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My life is so lame compared to Renzo's :( Phone Post
7/1/13 2:40 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure there are many more stories... Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 2:47 PM
buvaiser

to those who are critical about decisions of renzo....

1) he was 14. how many of you were willing to go to the amazon by yourself at 14.

2) i'm sure that piss poor planning is the key ingredient for some of the best times of your youth. bringing money for pussy but not food or shelter would be what an avg 14 yr old (hell many 21 yr olds) would do.

3) all of us have done stupid shit as kids that we are amazed didn't get us killed

4) renzo is a hothead
7/1/13 2:59 PM
KidPittsburgh
1115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else read that in his voice?
7/1/13 3:01 PM
buvaiser

no, i did it in wallid's voice.... and added faggot and cheeckun to some of these sentences.
7/1/13 3:25 PM
chaplinshouse
716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wonder if true.  i once worked my way up in band security over the dumbest thing.  i was stage security at a venue and i think it was circle jerks or DRI playing and the front row was crazy.  the floor monitors were getting tossed around.  i ran up from backstage to grab a monitor and put it back.  i had orange zig zag rolling papers in my hand when i ran out so i put them in my mouth as i was fixing the monitor.  some guy in the front row went to grab them from my mouth so i cocked my hand back to punch him but didn't since he backed off right away.  head of security saw this from the back of the room and promoted me, lol.  

7/1/13 3:26 PM
GladiatorGannon
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
7/1/13 3:31 PM
Koga

Somewhere between the "Ben Spijkers prank called me and threatened my wife" excuse and the "luring a mugger in NYC" story on the believability scale. You don't have to wonder what Master Robson, 9th Degree and FJJERJ President, thinks of his son Renzo's tales that he had no food or place to live at 14.
7/1/13 3:39 PM
SlapUsilly
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buvaiser - to those who are critical about decisions of renzo....

1) he was 14. how many of you were willing to go to the amazon by yourself at 14.

2) i'm sure that piss poor planning is the key ingredient for some of the best times of your youth. bringing money for pussy but not food or shelter would be what an avg 14 yr old (hell many 21 yr olds) would do.

3) all of us have done stupid shit as kids that we are amazed didn't get us killed

4) renzo is a hothead

To be fair.. Manaus (the city he and the friend were allegedly at), is right on the amazon...So its not a stretch to say he was in manaus and went to the amazon..at all.

There is more to the story than this lets up.. Rio where he's from is really really far from Manaus.. how'd a 14 year old from a priviledged family get there with a friend? Were his parents on vacation and they tagged along?

I want to believe, but there is definitely some embelishing going on somewhere in this story. No way someone's life is this awesome.
7/1/13 3:53 PM
Kirik
1680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/01/13 4:12 PM
The UnderGround, Mayor
Koga - Somewhere between the "Ben Spijkers prank called me and threatened my wife" excuse and the "luring a mugger in NYC" story on the believability scale. You don't have to wonder what Master Robson, 9th Degree and FJJERJ President, thinks of his son Renzo's tales that he had no food or place to live at 14.

I heard the Ben Spijkers story right from him a couple of weeks after it happened. I would bet 1k against a dime it is true.

His father was detained, and tortured, by security police. I don't know what years that took place in, but military did not cede control until the mid 1980s. I have no idea what the family finances were like, if he took off for the summer, or what. But I would not assume as you imply that he grew up rich because his father is now a 9th degree black belt.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.