UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC considers removing bonuses to pay for...

7/1/13 3:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrattMamley
1015 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A higher base salary for lower level fighters:

Case Keefer @casekeefer 43m

Dana White says he and Lorenzo have discussed getting rid of bonuses to pay lower-level fighters more base.

7/1/13 3:17 PM
luctaro
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Lauzon can kiss all That good money goodbye then.
7/1/13 3:20 PM
UK Asylum
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/01/13 3:20 PM
Not a bad idea, an extra $200,000 split between the fighters every event.
7/1/13 3:21 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do both. Lower the bonuses and pay the lower level fighters more.
7/1/13 3:22 PM
Wonkamaster

Like they can't afford to do both? Lol.
7/1/13 3:22 PM
CLINT NJHC
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, they asked for it! Can't complain anymore if Dana does this.
7/1/13 3:23 PM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonkamaster - Like they can't afford to do both? Lol.

This.  

Dana & Lorenzo discussing doing this to look magnanimous.  The fact is they can easily do BOTH!    

7/1/13 3:24 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least they are thinking about it. Phone Post 3.0
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Skellington
732 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea cause Zuffa is SO strapped for cash they need to eliminate fight bonuses to be able to pay each lower end fighter a few extra dollars lol

I luv the UFC/Zuffa/Dana but dont piss down my back & tell me it's raining

7/1/13 3:26 PM
Chris27

Half the roster wont like this cause they will say who gives a shit about some prelim fighter, nobody is buying tickets or buying PPV for them.

But people are complaining so if they raise the lower level guys pay thats a start. 

7/1/13 3:26 PM
Kid Charlemagne
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see lower level fighters make more. It's an important step for the growth of the sport.

Having said that, will that affect "exciting" fights for the common fan? I'm on the fence with that one. Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 3:27 PM
nostripewhite

It's a business. Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 3:31 PM
luctaro
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

This.  

Dana & Lorenzo discussing doing this to look magnanimous.  The fact is they can easily do BOTH!    

I suppose they can but this is no chump change. They put on 33 events, at their current 50K bonus, thats 6 mil 600k extra to share.
7/1/13 3:36 PM
Ministry of Truth

Interesting. How will they create such incentives now?
RicGillespie

Put all the bonus money into one big pool and split it up for every fighter on the card that has a finish.
Toogawdly

I think they should make a finish bonus, not just a win bonus. That way more exciting fights and more incentive for fighters to try and finish their fights for double the pay.
7/1/13 3:37 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are they talking about otn bonuses or backroom bonuses in general? Phone Post
7/1/13 3:38 PM
ironyuppie

I always enjoy the part where everyone assumes they know that the UFC can afford to do both.

What is the proof?

Affliction could do both! Pride could do both! Strikeforce could do both!
7/1/13 3:46 PM
luctaro

ironyuppie - 
I always enjoy the part where everyone assumes they know that the UFC can afford to do both.

What is the proof?

I dont know if is a good or bad thing for them but everyone expects the UFC to solve everyones problems.
Tim Kennedy was a happy man with his pay in Strikeforce, gets transfered and without even fighting once becomes a complaining machine. Thats because he expects the UFC to take care of his problems.
7/1/13 3:50 PM
stack321style
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Less incentive to go for broke means more fighting not to lose instead of fun fighting to win Phone Post
7/1/13 3:50 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ironyuppie - 

What is the proof?

Correct, no one here knows the circumstances as to why they don't do both today. For me as a fan, I would prefer the bonus system. It sucks it keeps money out of the pocket out of more fighters but I prefer to see the guys that really put on the most exciting fights are more highly compensated then the others.

7/1/13 3:51 PM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

luctaro - 
epwar - 

This.  

I suppose they can but this is no chump change. They put on 33 events, at their current 50K bonus, thats 6 mil 600k extra to share.

$6.6 million is chump change to a company that makes over $500 million in revenue.

7/1/13 3:52 PM
IIAces

Y'all are getting what y'all bitched about. Now you want them to do both. Y'all are fucking stupid and obviously know nothing about running a company.

Y'all see why fighters didn't bitch? Y'all better be ready for more dry humping than ever as only champs will make great money now. Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 3:54 PM
Leghound
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ironyuppie - 

What is the proof?

THIS.  Everyone talking about it being a fact that they can pay more/do both must have seen the S1 that they never filed.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.