UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Anderson beats Weidman....

7/1/13 5:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BTR
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some fun on this thread. But if I were to give a serious answer, the tougher wrestler he'll not yet have faced, who he realistically could face would be Jon Jones.
7/1/13 5:59 PM
LILBROCK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RazorMMA - 
da Vinci 81 -
orcus -

It will be hilarious to see what the haters fall back on after he beats an NCAA Div I All-American who "gave Galvao hell at ADCC after a few months of BJJ training".

What's really funny is his fanboys love pointing out he's only got nine fights and he never deserved to get this shot.

Yet if Anderson beats him suddenly Weidman becomes a huge win over another tough opponent. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

Ya and the other side is his haters love to say he's ducking all these fighters (Vitor, Chael, Hendo, Okami, Weidman) and when he beats them he gets no credit for it for reasons such as "well he only had 9 fights."
7/1/13 6:00 PM
eljamaiquino

RazorMMA -
da Vinci 81 -
orcus -

It will be hilarious to see what the haters fall back on after he beats an NCAA Div I All-American who "gave Galvao hell at ADCC after a few months of BJJ training".

What's really funny is his fanboys love pointing out he's only got nine fights and he never deserved to get this shot.

Yet if Anderson beats him suddenly Weidman becomes a huge win over another tough opponent. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
Never deserved a shot is not the same as not being tough. Mousasi doesnt deserve a shot.at bones, but if bones beat him, he's a legit opponent. Phone Post
7/1/13 6:56 PM
DoomFarmer
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swedgen -

Thread is full of cheerleading.  Reminds me of highschool pep rallies.  And it's daily. 

Some feminine fanatic proclaims something and then the high-fivers come in to show solidarity.

Cringe-worthy.

Voted up. Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 7:01 PM
inf0
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/1/13 7:10 PM
Neil McCauley

Jacare would the answer. Not a wrestler but very solid wrestling/judo and elite jiu jitsu. Although I'm not sure they would fight? Might be another machida where Anderson best threat is a training partner. Phone Post
7/1/13 7:14 PM
Neil McCauley

Possibly rashad too although I think he knows he'd get murked quickly so hes been reluctant to come down to 185. Phone Post
7/1/13 7:34 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Coleman in a prison cell with headbutts

Or

Melvin Manhoef in a bouncey house

Pick one
7/1/13 7:57 PM
RocketsRedglare

Edited: 07/01/13 7:59 PM
Silva lucked out because Doink died today.

I just root for the underdog.
7/7/13 11:42 AM
Glovegate

orcus - 

This is what we, in the biz, like to call... party time...

7/7/13 12:32 PM
Glovegate

Edited: 07/07/13 12:32 PM

7/7/13 12:35 PM
Entreri

You know, Silva can drop to 170 if he wants to test himself against more great wrestlers.

170 is not only the most stacked division in MMA, but it has the greatest number of grade A wrestlers.

I would love to see Silva at 170.
7/7/13 12:36 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

I am on record saying if Silva beats Weidman I will stop criticizing him and stop calling him the Boise State of MMA as this was the first guy I considered a legitimately evolved fighter who was great at 2 things that he has had to face. I needed to see him beat someone with my own eyes who could be seen as a real champion that could hold the belt for a while, it still hasn't happened
7/7/13 12:38 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Entreri - You know, Silva can drop to 170 if he wants to test himself against more great wrestlers.

170 is not only the most stacked division in MMA, but it has the greatest number of grade A wrestlers.

I would love to see Silva at 170.

He will be forced into a rematch kicking and screaming, Dana just brushed him off last night at the post presser. When he answered for Anderson Silva saying the next fight would be a rematch, Anderson Silva kept shaking his head no. It will be interesting to see how that plays out but I suspect he will take the rematch, lose and drop to 170. What other options are there?
7/7/13 12:58 PM
Glovegate

Yeah, Dana will try to force him.  You can see he has his heart set on Anderson rematching Weidman.  He all but declared it was happening last night.

Let the guy do what he wants.  He can still have super fights.  People are not going to not buy GSP or Jones vs Andy just because Andy got KO'd.

I think the world is still interested in those fights.  I know I am.

7/9/13 7:16 PM
RocketsRedglare

More interesting than Weidman/Silva
7/9/13 8:13 PM
Vote me down

7/20/13 1:28 PM
Glovegate

So, where is ABE?

Still sobbing?

7/20/13 3:47 PM
REDRUM_NYC

ABE FROMAN -  What tougher Wrestlers will he have not faced? Phone Post

nobody eva...

Weidman was and is his greatest test.... 

8/7/13 8:27 PM
RocketsRedglare

If I were Abe, I would just come on and say Silva won, just as the Chael fans do vis a vis Silva.
8/7/13 9:13 PM
ABE FROMAN

LOL, that would be funny. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.