UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mother F'n LIAR

5/16/03 1:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bdussy5
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-May-03
Chris, I had no idea you and Marc were such good friends! Are you guys close again now? Great stories regardless...
5/16/03 1:09 PM
andre
421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Todd, That is a great story.
5/16/03 1:10 PM
TSSpagnola

MMAWeekly.com
Andre - No...I do not know him. Not that name.....that is why I asked. Thanks.
5/16/03 1:11 PM
mzingano
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Talk to you later Chris. Take care.
5/16/03 1:17 PM
WestsideStrangler
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bdussy- We lived together fo ralmost 2 years. We were very good friends. We are friends again but not like then.
5/16/03 1:23 PM
aaronfletcher

one time this big strong guy wanted to fight and so i fought and i won and it was so bad ass
5/16/03 1:26 PM
mzingano
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris and Marc had some problems but I think its all resolved now. They are great guys and I'm glad to friends like them.
5/16/03 1:27 PM
andre
421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aaron, was that at band camp?
5/16/03 1:27 PM
mzingano

LOL at Band Camp!!
5/16/03 1:28 PM
mayiwhoopu

I could read these posts all day!!! This has to be one of the best threads ever IMHO!! LMAO @ "I've been in Vale Tudo for 22 YEARS"!!!! That's some classic stuff!! The lies that some people tell just never cease to amaze me!!!
5/16/03 1:34 PM
andre

I would never have posted this if the guy didnt take it to such an extreme. He talked bullshit to anyone who would listen.
5/16/03 1:35 PM
Todd Milhoan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the best part though is "I've been training Vale Tudo for 22 years!" as you look down from his lying mouth to his flying sidekick pendant necklace..
5/16/03 1:36 PM
checkuroil
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

speaking of liars. i was at a bar this week and i heard a friend of a friend talking about his pro fight career. i started talking to this guy and he mentioned how he had fought in the cage a couple of times. after he went on, i talked about his training regiment and he said that he used to do jiu jitsu and box, but that that is not as effective as his new art, hapkido. i wanted to call bullshit on the whole thing after that, but he was a friend of a friend.
5/16/03 1:50 PM
mayiwhoopu

The irony of telling Chris Brennan that you work out with Chris Brennan is just too much!!!! Please don't let this thread die because this is TOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!
5/16/03 1:51 PM
mzingano

We had a guy come in to the academy about a year ago, I use to see him at the gym all the time and he would talk his as off about how he trained with Ralph when he lived up north and he was about to get his Brown Belt, so I told him to come train about 50 times, well one day he did.I was not there but my buddy Eric was there that day and trained with this guy.Anyways after tapping this guy several times he told me about it and what the like name was and I almost die, anyways I told him the hole story and he told me the guy was at best a blue belt.
5/16/03 2:07 PM
FudoMyoo

lol@ the Ninja.. "if he squeezes the right side, I die. and there's NO escape to it. None."
5/16/03 2:10 PM
jackangle
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great stuff, keep em comin!
5/16/03 2:23 PM
Amechi
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/30/10 4:12 PM
hey mauricio. at least it aint a "second degree black belt" at your gym who is 6 foot 3, 130 pounds and old tryin to talk ____! that guy was a wuss...
5/16/03 2:32 PM
stevekt
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Brennan cornered me for my fight against the Westside Strangler. My next fight is against Grace Roycie.
5/16/03 2:38 PM
Todd Milhoan

The bar I used to work at had Monday night boxing, I used to referee the fights. Customers would sign up for three 1 minute rounds. 16oz gloves and headgear. You get all sorts of mix of talent in there, due to the city I live in. We've had olympic alternates, members of the All-Army team, tough guys, and a bunch of drunk idiots. We get a lot of "kickboxers" who brag about how they'd do in there, except they're not allowed to kick (as if Kickboxers/muay thai fighters have never gone rounds of boxing. Every gym I've gone to, they've gone plenty of rounds of nothing but boxing) I've got one guy who's ALWAYS talking about what a badass he is, how he's gone to Thailand, and fought with rope tied to his hands and broken glass, and never lost, never even been hit. So he comes in the next week, with handwraps, thai shorts, etc.. guy probably weighs about 130. I go check the guys in each corner, explain rules to them before they come to the center, and check each fighter to make sure they're not too drunk to be in. The other guy is real nervous, as he's never fought in anything before, not even a playground fight as a kid. first round starts, and he hits the other kid ONCE, and the "muay thai badass" is KO'd, HARD...he falls backwards so that the back of his head is by his feet. He wakes up a second later, gets up, fists up, ready to go again.. I told him the fight was over. He looks at me (all 3 of me, one of me was behind me, one of me was to my left, and the real ME was somewhere in between those) puzzled and asks "Why?" umm, because you just got knocked the @#$% out!
5/16/03 2:42 PM
Todd Milhoan

The other monday night classic I loved was some bald headed guy who I've never heard of (sherdog and fullcontactfighter hadn't ever heard of him either) In fact, he was SUCH a badass, that if he even SLAPPED you, he'd go to jail for attempted murder. He was telling a guy named Larry (larry is a former olympic alternate @ heavyweight, he hits like a truck, just now starting to box professionally) to hit him as hard as he could, because he had this sweet entry to a takedown in which he'd never ever get hit.. He was trying to teach people how to dodge bullets, etc.
5/16/03 3:06 PM
doctor major

Edited: 16-May-03 03:11 PM
Two stories, I'll try to make them short: 3 months ago we had the plumbers out because of clogged up sinks. One of the guys sees some tapes I have out (gokor series) and starts talking about how he is a 4th degree black belt and got to fight all over the world. I'm a friendly listener so he just keeps spinning the yarn longer and longer. Finally he tells me he stopped because he killed a guy in the ring (this is just days after he got to spar with Stephen Segal). So I ask him rules he fought with, muy thai, american...he replies, "yeah, I fought thai kai, but mostly just regular rules". I can't resist, so I just ask him point blank which organization did he fight in? After the most painful 30 second imaginable (for both of us) he says: "Um...you know, its been so long I must have forgotten." I just acted like I understood and let him go back to his business. _____ A guy I worked with last year kept pouring out story after story about his TKD blackbelt days of kickin' ass at tournaments. This was all in response to finding out about me doing BJJ and MMA. I tried to explain everything about the evolution of the sport, but he just seemed to feel threatened by it so I would just try and change the subject whenever it came up. Well, he ended up coming to the BJJ club one day and we were really nice to him despite a pretty arrogant attitude on his behalf. We taught him some basics and nobody tapped him, just practiced controlling him and then even let him get reversals. But he took not being able to do much really personally! So for the next month I hear about how he could have done this or that, how it wouldn't work against kicks, how a tkd blackbelt couldn't be taken down (we started on the knees with him). I finally showed him a UFC match (Salaveryy/Semenov) and all he could say was that they didn't know what they were doing, and why would this guy to that, etc. So then he challenges me to a "sparring session". I kept putting him off but finally agreed after a couple weeks of him making out like I was ducking him. 16oz gloves, headgear, and shinpads. I start out slow, expecting TKD kicks, but he comes out like its a toughman contest and tries to knock my head off with bombs. Weak ass bombs, that is. One, two, three medium strength thai kicks to his lead thigh and he falls down. He gets back up about 1 minute later saying "we can't kick like that in TKD tournaments". Yeah, but you can throw haymakers to the face??? I start taking off my gear but he says he wants to continue. We go again. At one point he whiffs my face with a punch, knocking my head gear sideways. I step back and call time, TURN MY BACK to adjust my gear and he nails me in the BACK OF THE HEAD with a punch. I became not nice. I hit him with a decent right hand that put him on his hands and knees. He's cleaning the carpets for about 30 seconds, then stands up and says "my feet slipped when you hit me, that's why I went down." I shook my head and told him he could put the gear back in the bin when he was finished and walked away. Never underestimate the power of denial. The good part was that he never mentioned anything remotely related to martial arts to me again in the 4 months we worked together afterwards. That made it all very worth it. Sorry, second story ended up kinda long.
5/16/03 3:19 PM
andre

Good story. You had more self-control than I would have had.
5/16/03 5:06 PM
thenameisb

good stories!
5/16/03 5:15 PM
mzingano

LOL Amechi!! Some dude the other day challenge me to a fight in the Parking lot, keep in mind he was about 6'3" and 130lbs more or less 45yo.I just started to laugh and told him to fuck off, he was going off on how he was a 3rd dregree black belt.Some chick that was streching next to me told him he was a asshole and said he needed to get laid, so he walked away thinking he just punked me and me and the girl had a good laugh about it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.