UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva: "I don't think I can defeat Jon Jones"

7/1/13 7:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mose
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShaqNoob - 
iHazpoopz - Yeah, that's actually a little shocking for a fighter to just up and say that. Much less Anderson silva. Phone Post 3.0
He said the same thing about Fedor years ago. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppIbcRAVIek&feature=fvw
7/1/13 7:43 PM
Lobo8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson loves to the mess with the media
7/1/13 7:55 PM
orcus

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

OMG silva...why are you such a hater on...silva..wait..wut?

-dorkus, lay n pray ninja

It's always hard to believe you're a lawyer when you make the worst possible arguments every single time.

I have never had any problem at all with anyone thinking Jones would beat Silva.

By the way, how is Tweedale's ironclad case against Zuffa and the Quebec AC on breach of contract due to the blatantly illegal weight rounding going?

7/1/13 8:00 PM
Lazer MMA

Look AS has said: "there's no way" the fight happens, he prefers GSP because he's "smaller" & it will be "easier", and that he wants "50 percent of the UFC" for the fight, all prior.

I don't like guys getting forced into fights. I think it's time to let all this super fight stuff go.
7/1/13 8:00 PM
MMAtador

BigFootsSkinnyArm -
RileyPust - What a badass thing to say. Much respect.

And if Jon Jones said this? "UG: Jones is a pussie and ducking Silva"
True Phone Post
7/1/13 8:05 PM
the islander
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is right

7/1/13 8:06 PM
MMAtador

duckhuntgangsta - That is why there are weight classes Phone Post 3.0
Bones is the biggest 205er in the history of the sport if that makes any sense. Silva is not scared just smart. Be like apollo creed vs drago beatdown. Phone Post
7/1/13 8:07 PM
eljamaiquino

So what's holding GSP up? Phone Post
7/1/13 8:11 PM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones is to big for guys in his weight class let alone a MW fighter. Both should stay in there respective weight classes where there able to dominate. The more I think about it the more I realize they shouldn't fight each other. Phone Post
7/1/13 8:13 PM
Rudi

Joemacka - Gsp might aswell say he doesnt think he can beat anderson lol Phone Post 3.0
Well fuck! No superfight for us :( Phone Post
7/1/13 8:14 PM
JerodR
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to see Silva agrees with me regardless of all the vote downs I got stating that same opinion...

I would love to see how Silva would fight when he thinks he cannot win though. Would he be super aggressive, or would he try to keep his distance? It would be interesting.
7/1/13 8:15 PM
Ip Man 81

UK Asylum - It cant be easy to admit that when people think your the best fighter in the world.
Actually i think it's just the opposite, if your the best fighter in the world in many people's eyes, what do you have to lose by saying that? Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 8:17 PM
APunkGotPunkdByThePunk
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's my favorite fighter but I'd pick jones over Anderson ... Not saying Anderson couldn't win , but that's a nightmare match up for Andy Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 8:18 PM
newtotheinterweb

Sliva_Plated_Fedor -
HandyDarsh - This guy loves to fuck with the media Phone Post 3.0
This. Half of what Anderson says is to troll the US media and fans who he has a huge disdain for.

But is it really so shocking that Anderson, the MW champ, doubts he can beat the most dominant LHW in the UFC - probably ever? If he knew he could beat Jones he would be the LHW champ, not the MW champ.

Whether or not Jones beats Silva at 205 has no bearing on whether he's ahead of Silva in the P4P rankings. He'd have to beat Silva at 185 or catch weight to claim that and that ain't happening.

Jones is awesome but we've never seen Silva caught in a deep armbar from an aging, blown up WW. Just saying... Phone Post 3.0
Which WW was that? Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 8:19 PM
Phisher

Edited: 07/01/13 8:19 PM
Sliva_Plated_Fedor - 
HandyDarsh - This guy loves to fuck with the media Phone Post 3.0
This. Half of what Anderson says is to troll the US media and fans who he has a huge disdain for.

But is it really so shocking that Anderson, the MW champ, doubts he can beat the most dominant LHW in the UFC - probably ever? If he knew he could beat Jones he would be the LHW champ, not the MW champ.

Whether or not Jones beats Silva at 205 has no bearing on whether he's ahead of Silva in the P4P rankings. He'd have to beat Silva at 185 or catch weight to claim that and that ain't happening.

Jones is awesome but we've never seen Silva caught in a deep armbar from an aging, blown up WW. Just saying... Phone Post 3.0

You're right. When Silva was around Jones' age we saw him getting caught in and tapping to subs from mediocre, non-blown up Welterweights.

Just sayin.....

7/1/13 8:19 PM
Vote me down

Wait people here actually think Silva can beat JBJ? LOL

7/1/13 8:20 PM
ABE FROMAN

After the Weidman fight is over I'm going to laugh when Silva accepts the Jones fight.

SQUEEZIE

in b4 andy nut huggers say "he's trolling" or try to spin it to "he's playing mind games with jones already". this is gonna be great!
da Vinci 81
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And people still think he wants to fight Jones? lol, he wants no part of him.

Silva fans can believe he's just trolling all they want but he's not going anywhere near Jones unless Zuffa absolutely breaks the bank for him to do it, but that's highly unlikely.
7/1/13 8:22 PM
TtoMyJ14
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anderson silva has always been extremely humble. He doesnt even consider himself one of the best of all time.
7/1/13 8:28 PM
SQUEEZIE

CRMartin11 - I don't care what he thinks. I want to know if he'll try.

i think the whole point of saying this is to let you all know that he does not really want to try.also hopefully not as many ppl will want the fight as much if he says this...just in case he gets offered to much cash to turn it down and the fight gets made he wants you to know that he should not be favored and prob wont win so you are all not so disappointed.
7/1/13 8:30 PM
SQUEEZIE

MMAtador - 
duckhuntgangsta - That is why there are weight classes Phone Post 3.0
Bones is the biggest 205er in the history of the sport if that makes any sense. Silva is not scared just smart. Be like apollo creed vs drago beatdown. Phone Post

lol at jbj being the biggest lhw in history. you guys are funny as can be at times.
7/1/13 8:31 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 07/01/13 8:31 PM
SQUEEZIE - 
CRMartin11 - I don't care what he thinks. I want to know if he'll try.

i think the whole point of saying this is to let you all know that he does not really want to try.also hopefully not as many ppl will want the fight as much if he says this...just in case he gets offered to much cash to turn it down and the fight gets made he wants you to know that he should not be favored and prob wont win so you are all not so disappointed.

Jesuz Christ. What is the point of this? To prove Silva is some kind of coward? What is the fucking point?

7/1/13 8:32 PM
Jons Forsberg

basically what anyone in their senses has been saying for years.
7/1/13 8:33 PM
Authority Figure

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.