7/1/13 11:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AlexanderTheGOAT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson reminds me of thirdleg Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 11:36 PM
Zanzoken
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Anderson a lot and he's a great champion, but why do some of you feel the need to make excuses for him? It's been obvious for awhile now that he doesn't want to fight Jones, and this is just the icing on the cake.

Jones has already said in the past that he doesn't want the fight either. The fact is, neither of them wants to take the risk of losing when they can take easier fights within their respective divisions. Sometimes fighters duck, and even champions can be afraid. Nobody wants to lose their title and all of the money, fame, and prestige that comes with it.

You can judge for yourself whether that's good or bad, but don't bend reality just so you can pretend like it's not happening.
7/1/13 11:39 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
Lazer MMA -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Lazer MMA -
LMFAO @ posters who are saying AS is not telling the truth after all else he has said too on this!

Leave him TF alone already, HTF can the man make multiple statements all basically saying the same fuckin thing and it's still not clear? let him fight who TF he wants to!

Let JBJ do the super fights @ HW, no other party (save Aldo) is interested.
Jones also said he doesn't want to fight Anderson, and cited that he didn't want to lose to him in the quote.

Oops. Phone Post

Jones said only weeks ago that he'd entertain the fight after his next defense. He said from the get go in Gracie Mag. that he wants the fight years ago. That was prior to when AS called them friends. JBJ not wanting to call out the smaller guy.

"AS has said: "there's no way" the fight happens, he prefers GSP because he's "smaller" & it will be "easier", and that he wants "50 percent of the UFC" for the fight, all prior.

I don't like guys getting forced into fights. I think it's time to let all this super fight stuff go."

Leave AS TF alone. Leave GSP TF alone.

IMO this all is history now, time to let it go.
Silva said he would fight Jones today. Phone Post
How will lazer boy spin that? Or will he just conveniently ignore it? Phone Post
Everyone in this thread is ignoring it. Maybe post the video I put a link for on the last page for me please? Phone Post
7/1/13 11:41 PM
Mustard Tiger
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
Lazer MMA -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Lazer MMA -
LMFAO @ posters who are saying AS is not telling the truth after all else he has said too on this!

Leave him TF alone already, HTF can the man make multiple statements all basically saying the same fuckin thing and it's still not clear? let him fight who TF he wants to!

Jones also said he doesn't want to fight Anderson, and cited that he didn't want to lose to him in the quote.

Oops. Phone Post

Jones said only weeks ago that he'd entertain the fight after his next defense. He said from the get go in Gracie Mag. that he wants the fight years ago. That was prior to when AS called them friends. JBJ not wanting to call out the smaller guy.

"AS has said: "there's no way" the fight happens, he prefers GSP because he's "smaller" & it will be "easier", and that he wants "50 percent of the UFC" for the fight, all prior.

I don't like guys getting forced into fights. I think it's time to let all this super fight stuff go."

Silva said he would fight Jones today. Phone Post
How will lazer boy spin that? Or will he just conveniently ignore it? Phone Post
Everyone in this thread is ignoring it. Maybe post the video I put a link for on the last page for me please? Phone Post

7/1/13 11:44 PM
willpower

I love this guy. He is SO honest!!!! Refreshing!!! Mad respect for Andy!!!!!
7/1/13 11:54 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever - 
Lazer MMA -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Lazer MMA -

Oops. Phone Post

In for lnp to twist this somehow Phone Post 3.0

Lazer is the one twisting quotes from a year ago into one pathetic post, and completely ignoring the fact that Anderson TODAY said he would fight Jones. 

Just like Jones himself has said he would, then he wouldn't, then he would. 

They have both made inconsistent and contradicting statements about that fight. 

Here is Jones most recent comments in depth about that fight:

“It’s not that he won’t fight me or I won’t fight him. To be dead honest, it’s – we both have a lot to lose. And we both respect each other a lot and we are both striving for personal greatness. I don’t want to crap on his greatness; I don’t want him crapping on my greatness. You know, we are in completely different weight classes.”

“We both have sponsor deals and things that are really important to us and a big part of that sponsorship package is being a winner, being a champion. And having us fight each other someone’s championship is going to go away. I respect Anderson Silva so much; I don’t want to be the guy to beat him. I don’t want to lose to him either; it’s a lose-lose situation.”

“If we were in the same weight class, it would be inevitable but it’s like ‘Dude, I’m dominating my weight class, you’re dominating your weight class. Some things were just not meant to be seen’.”

So anyone can try and spin it anyway they want. The reality is they have both been MUCH more open to this superfight than GSP has been for years. 

I don't think ANY of the three are scared of eachother. They don't want to lose, and in Jones' case (respect to him if he is being honest in that quote) he doesn't want to possibly be the one to dethrone Anderson, which is very classy of him to say. 

7/1/13 11:57 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

LILBROCK - 
kyle223 - 
GROUNDnLB - 
kyle223 - Not a big Silva fan, but Silva beats Jones 10 times out of 10 if Jones doesn't have his 84" reach and huge body type. Not Jones' fault that he utilizes his body to his advantage, but without his long ass reach, I don't see how people can sit there and think he'd still be as dominant as he's been. Listen to Joe Rogan during a Jones fight. He constantly says how Jones is able to dictate fights using his size and reach advantage. I think most MMA fighters will say reach is one of the biggest advantages in fighting.

I still think Jones would be a very good fighter, as he's extremely athletic, motivated, and very smart, but without the reach, he doesn't break the LHW record for most title defenses, and he definitely doesn't beat Silva.

Not sure why I'm arguing hypotheticals lol, but that's my opinion.
Sorry, I just read your first sentence. You are not a Silva fan? How can you not be??? Phone Post 3.0

I should have said he's not one of my favorites. It doesn't take away from the fact that he's incredible to watch.

Ya, and if Nick Diaz had a glass chin he wouldn't be as good, if Hendo had zero power he wouldn't be as good, if Lesnar was very weak he wouldn't be as good, if Nolan Ryan only had an 80mph fastball he wouldn't be as good, if Vince Carter only had a 15" vertical he wouldn't be as good, and on and on and on. All fighters/athletes have advantages. If you think Anderson's speed, chin, skill are not God given talents, you're wrong.

Oh so now you're going to tell us all that we are wrong if we don't believe in God?

GTFO with that shit...

Also, on a serious note, Anderson has spent YEARS developing his chin, speed, skill to get them where they are. 

Jon Jones would have his massive size advantage over the division if he never trained a day in his life. That's the real difference, and what makes your comparisons silly.

7/1/13 11:57 PM
Bloodstorm

Why I love Anderson Phone Post
7/1/13 11:58 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 07/01/13 11:58 PM
PelikanNutz - 
LILBROCK - 
kyle223 - 
GROUNDnLB - 
kyle223 - Not a big Silva fan, but Silva beats Jones 10 times out of 10 if Jones doesn't have his 84" reach and huge body type. Not Jones' fault that he utilizes his body to his advantage, but without his long ass reach, I don't see how people can sit there and think he'd still be as dominant as he's been. Listen to Joe Rogan during a Jones fight. He constantly says how Jones is able to dictate fights using his size and reach advantage. I think most MMA fighters will say reach is one of the biggest advantages in fighting.

I still think Jones would be a very good fighter, as he's extremely athletic, motivated, and very smart, but without the reach, he doesn't break the LHW record for most title defenses, and he definitely doesn't beat Silva.

Sorry, I just read your first sentence. You are not a Silva fan? How can you not be??? Phone Post 3.0

I should have said he's not one of my favorites. It doesn't take away from the fact that he's incredible to watch.

Ya, and if Nick Diaz had a glass chin he wouldn't be as good, if Hendo had zero power he wouldn't be as good, if Lesnar was very weak he wouldn't be as good, if Nolan Ryan only had an 80mph fastball he wouldn't be as good, if Vince Carter only had a 15" vertical he wouldn't be as good, and on and on and on. All fighters/athletes have advantages. If you think Anderson's speed, chin, skill are not God given talents, you're wrong.

^ This response is pretty much unfuckwithable. I grappled with the advantage Jones' reach gifts him just cause it seems so obsene but truth is everything a fighter possesses falls under the exact same umbrella.

Also, Jones would finish Silva imo. Silva always has a chance but the odds would have to favour Jones.

They do not all fall under the same umbrella at all. See last post on last page.

7/2/13 12:00 AM
xsrg95
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/02/13 12:00 AM

7/2/13 12:08 AM
ender852
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/2/13 12:08 AM
LILBROCK

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
kyle223 - 
GROUNDnLB - 

Oh so now you're going to tell us all that we are wrong if we don't believe in God?

GTFO with that shit...

Also, on a serious note, Anderson has spent YEARS developing his chin, speed, skill to get them where they are. 

Jon Jones would have his massive size advantage over the division if he never trained a day in his life. That's the real difference, and what makes your comparisons silly.

If all it took was experience to have the skills, speed, timing, and chin of Anderson, there would be a lot more Anderson Silvas out there. If you think Anderson is just a regular joe-schmoe that turned into his current self from training alone, I don't know what to tell you. He's a natural talent and has used his years of experience to maximize him potential. Out of curiosity, how many times a week do you think he just stands there and lets his training partners blast him in the face to "develop his chin," as you say?

And stop with the "massive size of Jones" bs. Jones has a reach advantage, slight height advantage, leg size disadvantage, and has never once been close to missing weight. I know if makes you feel better as an Anderson fan to try and minimize any of Jones skills and accomplishments, but you're transparent.
7/2/13 12:17 AM
Dan Pagan
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 12:18 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 07/02/13 12:19 AM

LILBROCK:

Name another dominant champion who had an advantage in all three major facets of size anywhere near Jones' over his opponents...

Either way you slice it, he never fights anyone his own size. Bonnar was the closest years ago. Meanwhile Anderson and GSP have been outsided in their fights, which will never happen with Jones unless he moves up.

Of course Anderson and Bones both have amazing talents and gifts, that niether would be the same without. 

There is still a difference between size, which Jones would always have, and skillsets that are achieved with the combination of natural talent and rigorous training. Every major combat sport expert will tell you flat out that having a size advantage is always a benefit/advantage. Only someone as talented as Jones would be able to maximize that benefit/advantage. He is an amazing athlete and very very skilled. He uses his size advantage better than anyone I have ever seen, and its not even close really. 

His size advantage over everyone at LHW and below is the main reason I cannot put him above a GSP/Anderson/Aldo in MY P4P ranking. If relative size were equal amung them, Anderson is the best fighter of them all. 

7/2/13 12:19 AM
MTH
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he's serious. And honest.

In my opinion, he's giving you his basic assessment of his strengths and weaknesses versus Jones', and demonstrating just a fraction of the analytical and emotionless fight analysis he brings at the outset of every aspect of shaping his game plan for each fight.

The type of guy who'd just candidly admit this to the media is EXACTLY the type of guy that would dismantle lesser fighters as Silva has for years now. Like a surgeon. Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 12:21 AM
SOO72

ABE FROMAN - 

After the Weidman fight is over I'm going to laugh when Silva accepts the Jones fight.

And when Silva loses he was just trolling everyone, right?
7/2/13 12:23 AM
SgtJustinTeplitz
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta like Anderson's thinking here. I think he's right, except anything can happen in a fight.
7/2/13 12:36 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
LILBROCK - 
kyle223 - 
GROUNDnLB - 

GTFO with that shit...

I'm pretty positive that if JBJ hadn't trained, he wouldn't be champion. But yeah he'd still have size and reach. Same reason Stephan Struve is HW Champ.

Size difference or not, both Jones and Anderson have trained hard, as well as being smart using their natural talents. Thats why they are both where they are at. Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 12:39 AM
LILBROCK

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

LILBROCK:

Name another dominant champion who had an advantage in all three major facets of size anywhere near Jones' over his opponents...

Either way you slice it, he never fights anyone his own size. Bonnar was the closest years ago. Meanwhile Anderson and GSP have been outsided in their fights, which will never happen with Jones unless he moves up.

Of course Anderson and Bones both have amazing talents and gifts, that niether would be the same without. 

There is still a difference between size, which Jones would always have, and skillsets that are achieved with the combination of natural talent and rigorous training. Every major combat sport expert will tell you flat out that having a size advantage is always a benefit/advantage. Only someone as talented as Jones would be able to maximize that benefit/advantage. He is an amazing athlete and very very skilled. He uses his size advantage better than anyone I have ever seen, and its not even close really. 

His size advantage over everyone at LHW and below is the main reason I cannot put him above a GSP/Anderson/Aldo in MY P4P ranking. If relative size were equal amung them, Anderson is the best fighter of them all. 

"Name another dominant champion who had an advantage in all three major facets of size anywhere near Jones' over his opponents..."

Ha...this pretty much proves my point for me. Most others that are tall, lanky and long for their weight class (Struve, Grove, Corey Hill, Saunders, etc..) are not dominant. If someone is taller like Jones, they are not going to be as stalky/strong as someone like a Lombard and generally don't have the highest cardio level. If they have very long arms, they're typically awkward and won't have the short, clean, crisp, powerful boxing of someone like Sherk.

As far as height goes, Mighty Mouse, Cruz, Barao, Aldo, Bendo, GSP, Anderson, nor Cain are the tallest in their weight classes. None of them have the longest reach. With regards to weight, we've already established Jones to be around 223 (on average) and the rest of the division 220-225. Even at 220, that's about a 1.5% difference in weight between Jones and the average LHW. Don't act like a few percentage points is uncommon in all other weight classes either.

Keep trying. For every "advantage" you claim Jones has, it can also be looked at as a disadvantage. You ever trained? You don't think it's easier to catch someone with very long arms, legs, and neck in submissions versus a little pitbull type with no neck and t-rex arms?
7/2/13 12:41 AM
SQUEEZIE

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
SQUEEZIE -
kyle223 - Not a big Silva fan, but Silva beats Jones 10 times out of 10 if Jones doesn't have his 84" reach and huge body type. Not Jones' fault that he utilizes his body to his advantage, but without his long ass reach, I don't see how people can sit there and think he'd still be as dominant as he's been. Listen to Joe Rogan during a Jones fight. He constantly says how Jones is able to dictate fights using his size and reach advantage. I think most MMA fighters will say reach is one of the biggest advantages in fighting.

see this is the shit im talking bout.i quit reading after first sentence.if anyone is winning 10 out of 10 its jbj and even that sounds dumb as fuck saying.at least be realistic.not even andy, or his momma believe he would win 7 out of 10 times.yet there are others that think he probably wins 11 out of 10 times...it makes no fucking sense what so ever in any world.
if jbj had the same reach than andy it wouldnt be the end all be all of the fight.his length only inhances the skill he has that would already beat you most of the time...i do agree his chances of losing would increase.but to say "if reach were the same he loses all the time" is to fucking far fetched for my liking.
So do you honestly believe, if Anderson and Jones had the exact same dimensions, Jones would still be an even bet, or would he be the underdog/favorite? Phone Post

i honestly believe he would be a slight favorite.i think he still would have enough skills to take down andy some how even with the exact same reach.and i def dont think his g-n-p would suffer that drastically because his arms are a lil shorter.his top game to me is stronger than what ever bottom game andy would bring.he would stil have a tricky slick vicious top ground game and he stil wil be a lil bigger and stronger.its just my opinion and i dont mind if others differs from mine at all.i know andy could beat jbj regardless of the reach difference too, and thats why i want to see that fight.i just want to see it all actually unfold rt before my eyes.
7/2/13 12:42 AM
goldenboyart

For some reason I just don't think this Super fight will ever happen nor should it probably happen. Just lets' stay away from the super fight shit. Tjey have weight classes for a freaking reason. Let him take all commers at middle weight, the same for GSP. Now Bones is a skinny 205 to begin with and should go to HW.

I'd LOVE to see how he compares with people nearer his own size.

WAR Anderson. I voted for him for the ESPY
7/2/13 12:44 AM
Colboyo
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva has been known to troll ppl from time to time...
7/2/13 12:51 AM
Colboyo
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goldenboyart - For some reason I just don't think this Super fight will ever happen nor should it probably happen. Just lets' stay away from the super fight shit. Tjey have weight classes for a freaking reason. Let him take all commers at middle weight, the same for GSP. Now Bones is a skinny 205 to begin with and should go to HW.

I'd LOVE to see how he compares with people nearer his own size.

WAR Anderson. I voted for him for the ESPY

The 10 - 15 pounds difference between weight classes in the UFC is tremendous (compared to boxing anyway). Hopefully they will create more classes in the future and we can see guys move up and capture multiple titles. Was exciting watching Pac Man do it.
7/2/13 1:28 AM
ranier wolfcastle
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how much did his price go up with that comment?

7/2/13 1:35 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

LILBROCK:

"Name another dominant champion who had an advantage in all three major facets of size anywhere near Jones' over his opponents..."

Ha...this pretty much proves my point for me. Most others that are tall, lanky and long for their weight class (Struve, Grove, Corey Hill, Saunders, etc..) are not dominant. If someone is taller like Jones, they are not going to be as stalky/strong as someone like a Lombard and generally don't have the highest cardio level. If they have very long arms, they're typically awkward and won't have the short, clean, crisp, powerful boxing of someone like Sherk.

As far as height goes, Mighty Mouse, Cruz, Barao, Aldo, Bendo, GSP, Anderson, nor Cain are the tallest in their weight classes. None of them have the longest reach. With regards to weight, we've already established Jones to be around 223 (on average) and the rest of the division 220-225. Even at 220, that's about a 1.5% difference in weight between Jones and the average LHW. Don't act like a few percentage points is uncommon in all other weight classes either.

Keep trying. For every "advantage" you claim Jones has, it can also be looked at as a disadvantage. You ever trained? You don't think it's easier to catch someone with very long arms, legs, and neck in submissions versus a little pitbull type with no neck and t-rex arms?

You lost me when you claimed "the rest of the division 220-225"

We are comparing them to their opponents, and dont even try and pretend that Machida/Rashad/Shogun were anywhere near that. Of his title defenses only Rampage was close to him in weight. Maybe Sonnen.

You have to reach back further into his career to find anyone else 220+ in the cage. 

Vera was probably the closest overall of anyone. 

So you are comparing Jones, a guy who RARELY has people weight as much, and NEVER has guys as tall/long, to two other dominant champions who have been smaller than quite a few of their opponents, and lighter as well. 

You can point to the long lanky fighter who are not wrestlers and nowhere near as well rounded all you want. I ahev already conceded how talented and amazing Jones is. Your little head just cannot comprehend that someone can think jones is amazing, but also realize the physical  size advantages he has over the competition.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.