UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva: "I don't think I can defeat Jon Jones"

7/2/13 4:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Scrap7
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would bet my life on this fight, he's not trolling. He's clearly to big, strong and smart on the ground. If there's one sport that has to separated by weight classes, it's wrestling. The one thing jones has done his entire life, and would use the entire fight. Look how he handled Chael. Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 7:18 AM
Lazer MMA

Mustard Tiger - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
Lazer MMA -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Lazer MMA -
LMFAO @ posters who are saying AS is not telling the truth after all else he has said too on this!

Leave him TF alone already, HTF can the man make multiple statements all basically saying the same fuckin thing and it's still not clear? let him fight who TF he wants to!

Let JBJ do the super fights @ HW, no other party (save Aldo) is interested.
Jones also said he doesn't want to fight Anderson, and cited that he didn't want to lose to him in the quote.

Oops. Phone Post

Jones said only weeks ago that he'd entertain the fight after his next defense. He said from the get go in Gracie Mag. that he wants the fight years ago. That was prior to when AS called them friends. JBJ not wanting to call out the smaller guy.

"AS has said: "there's no way" the fight happens, he prefers GSP because he's "smaller" & it will be "easier", and that he wants "50 percent of the UFC" for the fight, all prior.

I don't like guys getting forced into fights. I think it's time to let all this super fight stuff go."

Leave AS TF alone. Leave GSP TF alone.

IMO this all is history now, time to let it go.
Silva said he would fight Jones today. Phone Post
How will lazer boy spin that? Or will he just conveniently ignore it? Phone Post
Everyone in this thread is ignoring it. Maybe post the video I put a link for on the last page for me please? Phone Post

So your question is then why he says he'll make the fight here in the video and says he can't win (subject of the thread) too apparently in the same day?

Well AS was warming up to the idea of the fight and I've said it looks that way too prior. The issue is though just as stated in this thread! WTF should he have to fight a fight he does not believe he can win? Moreover, what can be gained by stating as such if he's just not trying to get into JBJ's head (i consider that a remote possibility)?!!

So the man is NOT a liar, he tells the truth ALL the time IMO. He is going back and forth in his own brain on this fight. It is a "huge fight in MMA history". GSP goes "NOT want to fight him". These are simple facts even as he told the truth about his thoughts on his upcoming fight prior as well, and any number of other topics. AS shoots from the hip, HTF can you not like that?

I know we all wanted the fight but I do NOT want AS bullied into it (just as I did not want GSP bullied into fighting AS)! This is NOT a fight in his own division that he needs to fight in. He should fight there or anyone else he wants IMO. GSP changed his mind about the MW belt and AS can change his as well. They are both great champions and deserve the right to be left the fuck alone.

7/2/13 7:26 AM
Mr Makaveli

Brigham - Hes trolling like a mother fucker and everyone is eating it up Phone Post
Yep Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 7:36 AM
Bucephalus

At least he is more honest than GSP...

GSP rambles on about being an ectomorph when the fact is that he doesn't want anything to do with Anderson. At least Anderson comes right out and speaks his truth. These guys know. Size matters.
7/2/13 9:53 AM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 
Jons Forsberg - 
ABE FROMAN - 
Jons Forsberg - basically what anyone in their senses has been saying for years.

So fucking what? The point?

the point is that sad nuthuggers like you have been in denial about this, for years, and still are. bet you think Anderson is just "fucking around with the media" right?

No, the point is that haters like you are still pissy about Chael losing so you bounce from hope to hope until you can find someone to unhurt your feelings. Silva has been destroying any possibility of a loss for years, what do haters do? Put their hopes on the biggest gun they can find, who they also hate.

What will you do when Jones becomes as dominant as Anderson?

'Well Cain and uh uh he can't beat uh uh well JDS and uh uh'

You're not a fan.

PS: Anderson is fucking with the media....and you.

No. This is what delusional Silva nuthuggers NEED to believe to continue their ninja fantasy.

Anderson is only talking REALITY. The same reality anyone with a brain will admit to. Word for word. Has nothing to do with being a fan or not. Reality is Jon Jones would stomp Silva, Silva and everyone else knows this, Silva has been avoiding this fight on EVERY LEVEL....for YEARS....and now he is only plainly stating what is obvious and everyone already knows.

"But, but, but magical ninja must be trolliniiiiing !!!"

No.
7/2/13 10:21 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

SKARHEAD -
ABE FROMAN - 
Jons Forsberg - 
ABE FROMAN - 
Jons Forsberg - basically what anyone in their senses has been saying for years.

the point is that sad nuthuggers like you have been in denial about this, for years, and still are. bet you think Anderson is just "fucking around with the media" right?

No, the point is that haters like you are still pissy about Chael losing so you bounce from hope to hope until you can find someone to unhurt your feelings. Silva has been destroying any possibility of a loss for years, what do haters do? Put their hopes on the biggest gun they can find, who they also hate.

You're not a fan.

No. This is what delusional Silva nuthuggers NEED to believe to continue their ninja fantasy.

Anderson is only talking REALITY. The same reality anyone with a brain will admit to. Word for word. Has nothing to do with being a fan or not. Reality is Jon Jones would stomp Silva, Silva and everyone else knows this, Silva has been avoiding this fight on EVERY LEVEL....for YEARS....and now he is only plainly stating what is obvious and everyone already knows.

No.
Yes, he is avoiding it SOOOOOOO much he said he is open to it in this very interview....LOL

You really are a demented little hater.

Every one of them (GSP ANDY JONES) clearly have their concerns about losing to eachother, but Anderson and Jones are willing to go for it. Phone Post
7/2/13 11:46 AM
Jetster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh he is not trolling, he knows he simply cannot deal with the reach, skill and size of Jones...
7/2/13 12:05 PM
KrisDonahoo
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's trolling is at almost as high a level as his fighting. Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 12:05 PM
SQUEEZIE

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
SKARHEAD -
ABE FROMAN - 
Jons Forsberg - 
ABE FROMAN - 

You're not a fan.

No.
Yes, he is avoiding it SOOOOOOO much he said he is open to it in this very interview....LOL

You really are a demented little hater.

Every one of them (GSP ANDY JONES) clearly have their concerns about losing to eachother, but Anderson and Jones are willing to go for it. Phone Post

i think he is open to the fight but is realistic about the likely out come and wants all his huggers to be as well...

and i like how you never answered my question about competing in something.you trying to tel me his bows,subs, and wrestling wouldnt be nearly as gd if his arms were a little shorter is super fucking funny to me.

so again.have you ever rolled,wrestled,boxed,karate,etc.? or have you even ever played football? not for hobby or exercise,at a pretty competitive level.
7/2/13 12:07 PM
SQUEEZIE

andy could lose on sat and people will say he is trolling and playing mind gamed with the media.
7/2/13 12:18 PM
subwrassler
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^LOL
7/2/13 12:37 PM
Stephen Eakin
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 5:44 PM
Ghengiseanie

The only reason Anderson Silva is not holding the LHW belt as well is because of his respect for his good friend Machida. I would love to watch a tough sparring session between the two of them. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 6:06 PM
MattyECB
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CanadianGSPFan - 
Bucephalus - At least he is more honest than GSP...

GSP rambles on about being an ectomorph when the fact is that he doesn't want anything to do with Anderson. At least Anderson comes right out and speaks his truth. These guys know. Size matters.
Clearly you're not an ectomorph.

Guys like you and Anderson know nothing of our day-to-day struggle.

*makes right-handed fist, lowers gaze to ground, softly pounds chest with said fist twice, and raises that fist above head in display of ectomorph solidarity* Phone Post

It honestly blows my mind how widespread this ecto/meso wtv the fuck morph shit is. You know it's completely and utterly made up, right?

There's no such thing, it was invented over a half-century ago by some retards who thought body type related to personality, and ever since people have been citing, "somatotypes," like they're science lol

Might as well say the three classes are muscular/fatty/skinny,since it's about as scientific, if not more so, than saying meso/endo/ecto and at least there's no retarded psychology implicitly attached in the former.
7/3/13 6:10 PM
Entreri

"Jon Jones, in his class, is the best, Silva said. "If I fight Jon Jones, I'm don't think I'm going to win."

I don't think Silva can win either.

Silva would beat most HW's, including Fedor prime though.

I think Silva has a MUCH BETTER chance of beating CAIN.

And Jones will beat Cain.

Jones insane reach, SUPERB take downs + heterodox style, Silva will be on his back for 5 rounds.
7/3/13 6:14 PM
Entreri

Silva is the GREATEST striker in MMA HISTORY.

Unfortunately, with Jones huge reach advantage, he can survive Silva and take him down at will.

5 rounds of domination is what I see happening.

Silva is insanely tough, granite chin = surviving 5 rounds. Jones is definitely not doing what he did to Shogun, Rashad or Chael.

Silva is easily #2 at LHW and top 5 at HW.

Silva has a better chance against Cain. Cain take downs are nowhere near Jones, his reach is much much less. I can see Silva KO Cain, but not Jones.

Silva should fight Cain before he retires IMO.
7/3/13 6:20 PM
MattyECB
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've heard Andy say the best p4p fighter is Jon Jones, he's also said Fedor in the past and BJ Penn, another time saying Penn wasn't the best, but his favorite, he's also said Aldo... hell he's even said GSP is p4p best in the past.

Andy has also said he'll move down to WW to fight GSP for the title, do it for no title, fight at the catchweight for no title, only fight at his own weightclass for or not for a title...
He's also said he'll never fight Jones because they're friends, he's said he will fight Jones, then he said he'll fight Jones, but only if he gets half of the UFC -- later admitting this was obviously a joke...

And now he's saying he no longer wants to fight GSP cause the moment is gone and Jones because he's young, big and would beat him.

He's also stated numerous times how he's going to fight RJJ, at one point saying he was ready to retire at 35 and fight RJJ. Recently he's said he still wants to fight RJJ even though Roy must be approaching fifty now...

If the Belfort and Maia fights weren't indication enough, AS likes to fuck with ppl and say wtv the fuck is on his mind lol

I love seeing ppl break down these at-a-whime statements he makes for shits, and with probably a half second of forethought to match either their nuthuggery or haterness.
7/4/13 4:14 PM
willpower

Jones would def win.... as good as he is Anderson is second best P4P right now Jones is first.....and bigger and younger and stronger and just as fast. AS has done more but is on the downside going down Jones is growing bigger and stronger...scary indeed!
7/15/13 1:00 PM
willpower

Cain would destroy Silva. Just way too big and strong and crazy cardio. Not a fair fight. Cain is third on the P4P list It goes

1 Jones
2 A Silva
3 Cain V
4 GSP
5 Aldo
6 Rousey
7 D Johnson
8 B Henderson
9 R Barao
10 F Edgar
11 C Weidman
12 A Pettis
13 V Belfort
14 D Henderson

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.