UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva: I Prefer Jones; GSP Is No Good

7/2/13 12:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Start at 2:30 if you can't wait for the superfight talks.
7/2/13 12:12 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Props to OnlyTheStrongSurvive for posting this as I hadn't seen it. 

7/2/13 12:18 AM
LILBROCK

Shocker he'd say that. Considering he's the one champ in the UFC who has fought the most opponents from a weight class below, I'd think he'd want another WW under his belt.
7/2/13 12:18 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just to clarify for people who will post without watching, he meant a fight with GSP is no good.

And thanks Ninja Phone Post
7/2/13 12:19 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LILBROCK - Shocker he'd say that. Considering he's the one champ in the UFC who has fought the most opponents from a weight class below, I'd think he'd want another WW under his belt.
He's also the champ that's fought the most guys a weight class above Phone Post
7/2/13 12:21 AM
ortman166

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
LILBROCK - Shocker he'd say that. Considering he's the one champ in the UFC who has fought the most opponents from a weight class below, I'd think he'd want another WW under his belt.
Considering Anderson started as a welterweight that's almost his entire career Phone Post 3.0
KZTT_FawkingxD
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sweet vtfu!

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Just to clarify for people who will post without watching, he meant a fight with GSP is no good.

And thanks Ninja Phone Post

I had to get a little UGBlog-ish up in this bitch 

7/2/13 12:22 AM
lockon
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Thanks for that.

I've been a bit critical of Anderson chasing the GSP fight while not trying to make the Jones fight happen, although I understand Jones hasn't been clamoring about making that one happen either. Still, lotta respect for him basically saying the Jones fight has a high probability of happening.

The dig at GSP was funny too, I would have loved seeing Anderson beat St-Pierre and I really have no dog in the Anderson-Jones fight.

Also, I can't say I wouldn't tune into Anderon and RJJ.
7/2/13 12:23 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

7/2/13 12:24 AM
LILBROCK

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

100%... I like Anderson. It's just funny how LnP never fails to mention Jones' "massive size advantage" and how much GSP weighs but always somehow neglects to point out how 3 of Anderson's title defenses are against current WW's. That's more title defenses than any other UFC champ in history, including Jones and GSP.
7/2/13 12:26 AM
Samoa
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you saying that WW's went to 185 to fight Anderson? Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 12:27 AM
Samoa
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, I see says the blind man. I fucked that up. I didn't understand who you were talking about. My bad. Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 12:32 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 07/02/13 12:33 AM
LILBROCK - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

100%... I like Anderson. It's just funny how LnP never fails to mention Jones' "massive size advantage" and how much GSP weighs but always somehow neglects to point out how 3 of Anderson's title defenses are against current WW's. That's more title defenses than any other UFC champ in history, including Jones and GSP.

Relative to his total title defenses, that is actually a lower PERCENTAGE of opponents who were from a class below compared to both of them having two....

So you basically are trying to shit on Anderson for having more title defenses then both of them???

Lets also not forget GSP LOST one of those fights....OOPS. 

Try a different angle, as that one is a massive failure.

7/2/13 12:33 AM
Damaynevent

In early.
7/2/13 12:34 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Calling out someone from a lower weight class and saying he is no good at the same time. Nuff said
7/2/13 12:35 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Samoa - Oh, I see says the blind man. I fucked that up. I didn't understand who you were talking about. My bad. Phone Post 3.0

You didn't fuck it up, he just used very incorrect language. Anderson's opponents moved down AFTER they fought, where GSP and Jones' opponents were fighters "from" the division below. 

7/2/13 12:36 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

LILBROCK -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Idk what's wrong with recognizing Jones size advantage plays a part in his style. It's not his fault a lot of the top lhw were undersized and the UFC gave him guys who were actual middleweights to fight. I've never felt like Silva used his size to beat anybody.

Yeah Jones may be too big for Silva but I'd like to see if Silva could pull it off. I don't think any of these guys should be obligated or pressured to fight in any weight class other than what they want to. Phone Post
7/2/13 12:37 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 07/02/13 12:37 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Calling out someone from a lower weight class and saying he is no good at the same time. Nuff said

Hey hater, he wasn't calling GSP out at all there, try watching the interview before you post. He said he DOESN'T want the GSp fight anymore, because GSP doesn't want it at all. The fight is "no good" to him. He said he prefers the Jones fight and that it is possible if he beats Weidman. 

7/2/13 12:41 AM
Damaynevent

Anderson wants that GSP fight. His tone and demeanor were complete opposites when he talked about fighting JBJ and when he talked about fighting GSP. He spat out typical responses when questioned about Jones, but he looked visibly annoyed when asked about GSP. He wants that GSP fight and he's pissed GSP has no interest in fighting him.
7/2/13 12:44 AM

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Relative to his total title defenses, that is actually a lower PERCENTAGE of opponents who were from a class below compared to both of them having two....

So you basically are trying to shit on Anderson for having more title defenses then both of them???

What are the odds that GSP won't blow his title defense record out of the window when he is 7 years older or Jones when he is 13-14 years older. When Silva was 32 he was getting flying heel hooked and was not on anyones pound for pound list, he was just seen as a good fighter with potential

7/2/13 12:48 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

What are the odds that GSP won't blow his title defense record out of the window when he is 7 years older or Jones when he is 13-14 years older. When Silva was 32 he was getting flying heel hooked and was not on anyones pound for pound list, he was just seen as a good fighter with potential

I'd be shocked if they fight that long. I don't really think its fair to knock Silva for hitting his prime at a later age either. Phone Post
7/2/13 12:51 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Oh so now we are playing fantasy pretend time? 

Well then I would guess that GSP won't blow anything out of the water, as pretty much everyone around him has said he is close to retiring and will only fight a few more times... 

Bones? Maybe, but time will tell and he will always be fighting opponents much smaller than him until he moves up. Anderson and GSP have never had the physical advantages he has had. :-)

But that's all fiction and speculation about how many defenses they might have. Completely irrelevant to the massive failure by Brocky-poo over there. 

(p.s. Anderson was only 29 when he lost to Chonan, and had already been ranked #1 at 167/170 lbs in the world)

7/2/13 12:53 AM
LILBROCK

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Samoa - Oh, I see says the blind man. I fucked that up. I didn't understand who you were talking about. My bad. Phone Post 3.0

You didn't fuck it up, he just used very incorrect language. Anderson's opponents moved down AFTER they fought, where GSP and Jones' opponents were fighters "from" the division below. 

LOL... So if Vitor and Sonnen fight at LWH (and HW) first, go to MW, and then back to LHW it's a mismatch and Jones fights smaller guys.

But if Marquardt, Cote, and Maia are fighting at MW and then go to their true class of WW later, they were the same size as Anderson and he was not fighting smaller guys? Like there's some rule that a fighter is smaller only if they cut to a lower weight class in an earlier fight?

Nice try chucko.
7/2/13 12:57 AM

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Oh so now we are playing fantasy pretend time? 

Well then I would guess that GSP won't blow anything out of the water, as pretty much everyone around him has said he is close to retiring and will only fight a few more times... 

Bones? Maybe, but time will tell and he will always be fighting opponents much smaller than him until he moves up. Anderson and GSP have never had the physical advantages he has had. :-)

But that's all fiction and speculation about how many defenses they might have. Completely irrelevant to the massive failure by Brocky-poo over there. 

(p.s. Anderson was only 29 when he lost to Chonan, and had already been ranked #1 at 167/170 lbs in the world)

one of your weakest arguments yet, so we have to "pretend" that Jones and GSP will keep winning? LMAO. It will be a shock to most if either lose in the foreseeable future against the current crop of contenders, meaning 3-5 years. Yet we have someone like Anderson Silva who is having just about every pro fighter picking against him against someone who doesn't even have double digit fights. Yeah let me smoke some of that shit

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.