UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva: I Prefer Jones; GSP Is No Good

7/2/13 1:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Samoa - Oh, I see says the blind man. I fucked that up. I didn't understand who you were talking about. My bad. Phone Post 3.0

You didn't fuck it up, he just used very incorrect language. Anderson's opponents moved down AFTER they fought, where GSP and Jones' opponents were fighters "from" the division below. 

LOL... So if Vitor and Sonnen fight at LWH (and HW) first, go to MW, and then back to LHW it's a mismatch and Jones fights smaller guys.

But if Marquardt, Cote, and Maia are fighting at MW and then go to their true class of WW later, they were the same size as Anderson and he was not fighting smaller guys? Like there's some rule that a fighter is smaller only if they cut to a lower weight class in an earlier fight?

Nice try chucko.

I love how it is their "true class" when talking about Anderson's opponents, but not the others. 

You're cute kid. You failed hard with the whole attempt. Try a different angle, or follow up with OTSS' response:

How many times have those two fought opponents from the division above theirs? Or guys who used to fight there (Vitor and Sonnen by your own declaration)...Oh that's right, NEVER. 

So Anderson fought FIVE total guys from LHW by your logic, and even one HW in Vitor. Oops....

How many MW/LHW has GSP fought?

How many HW have Jones fought?

7/2/13 1:04 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
LILBROCK - Shocker he'd say that. Considering he's the one champ in the UFC who has fought the most opponents from a weight class below, I'd think he'd want another WW under his belt.
He's also the champ that's fought the most guys a weight class above Phone Post

100%... I like Anderson. It's just funny how LnP never fails to mention Jones' "massive size advantage" and how much GSP weighs but always somehow neglects to point out how 3 of Anderson's title defenses are against current WW's. That's more title defenses than any other UFC champ in history, including Jones and GSP.

Relative to his total title defenses, that is actually a lower PERCENTAGE of opponents who were from a class below compared to both of them having two....

So you basically are trying to shit on Anderson for having more title defenses then both of them???

Lets also not forget GSP LOST one of those fights....OOPS. 

Try a different angle, as that one is a massive failure.

What are the odds that GSP won't blow his title defense record out of the window when he is 7 years older or Jones when he is 13-14 years older. When Silva was 32 he was getting flying heel hooked and was not on anyones pound for pound list, he was just seen as a good fighter with potential

Oh so now we are playing fantasy pretend time? 

Well then I would guess that GSP won't blow anything out of the water, as pretty much everyone around him has said he is close to retiring and will only fight a few more times... 

Bones? Maybe, but time will tell and he will always be fighting opponents much smaller than him until he moves up. Anderson and GSP have never had the physical advantages he has had. :-)

But that's all fiction and speculation about how many defenses they might have. Completely irrelevant to the massive failure by Brocky-poo over there. 

(p.s. Anderson was only 29 when he lost to Chonan, and had already been ranked #1 at 167/170 lbs in the world)

one of your weakest arguments yet, so we have to "pretend" that Jones and GSP will keep winning? LMAO. It will be a shock to most if either lose in the foreseeable future against the current crop of contenders, meaning 3-5 years. Yet we have someone like Anderson Silva who is having just about every pro fighter picking against him against someone who doesn't even have double digit fights. Yeah let me smoke some of that shit

Your attempt to rebutt my post about FACTS between LilBrocky-poo and I was to try and talk about predictions and pure speculation. Yet you want to talk about my weak arguments? 

GSP will likely not fight long enough to break Anderson's record, according to his own people. So how is that  weak argument?

Bones claims to be moving up to HW soon, possibly after he breaks Tito's records, unless he pulls a GSP and changes his mind...lol so there is a very good argument he would not change the percentages of my initial response there pal.

7/2/13 1:04 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reading about Jones vs Anderson discussion/superfight talks/comparrisons make me appreciate Edgar abit more

Frankie Edgar has been fighting big guys this whole time. Even his FW Title shot was against a arguable LW. Props to him! Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 1:05 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - Reading about Jones vs Anderson discussion/superfight talks/comparrisons make me appreciate Edgar abit more

Frankie Edgar has been fighting big guys this whole time. Even his FW Title shot was against a arguable LW. Props to him! Phone Post 3.0

In a P4P sense Edgar was a beast. I don't prefer his style/gameplanning, but he deserved mad respect for fighting the LW division and beating most all of them. 

7/2/13 1:07 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Samoa - Oh, I see says the blind man. I fucked that up. I didn't understand who you were talking about. My bad. Phone Post 3.0

You didn't fuck it up, he just used very incorrect language. Anderson's opponents moved down AFTER they fought, where GSP and Jones' opponents were fighters "from" the division below. 

LOL... So if Vitor and Sonnen fight at LWH (and HW) first, go to MW, and then back to LHW it's a mismatch and Jones fights smaller guys.

But if Marquardt, Cote, and Maia are fighting at MW and then go to their true class of WW later, they were the same size as Anderson and he was not fighting smaller guys? Like there's some rule that a fighter is smaller only if they cut to a lower weight class in an earlier fight?

Nice try chucko.

I love how it is their "true class" when talking about Anderson's opponents, but not the others. 

You're cute kid. You failed hard with the whole attempt. Try a different angle, or follow up with OTSS' response:

How many times have those two fought opponents from the division above theirs? Or guys who used to fight there (Vitor and Sonnen by your own declaration)...Oh that's right, NEVER. 

So Anderson fought FIVE total guys from LHW by your logic, and even one HW in Vitor. Oops....

I know GSP has fought at least 3 guys who have fought at MW at some point, not including BJ either
7/2/13 1:11 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 07/02/13 1:11 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Nice try chucko.

I know GSP has fought at least 3 guys who have fought at MW at some point, not including BJ either

Then lets add in he also fought a guy who is fighting at 135 currently (3-4 fights now)  :-)

7/2/13 1:14 AM

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
LILBROCK - Shocker he'd say that. Considering he's the one champ in the UFC who has fought the most opponents from a weight class below, I'd think he'd want another WW under his belt.
He's also the champ that's fought the most guys a weight class above Phone Post

100%... I like Anderson. It's just funny how LnP never fails to mention Jones' "massive size advantage" and how much GSP weighs but always somehow neglects to point out how 3 of Anderson's title defenses are against current WW's. That's more title defenses than any other UFC champ in history, including Jones and GSP.

Relative to his total title defenses, that is actually a lower PERCENTAGE of opponents who were from a class below compared to both of them having two....

So you basically are trying to shit on Anderson for having more title defenses then both of them???

Lets also not forget GSP LOST one of those fights....OOPS. 

Try a different angle, as that one is a massive failure.

What are the odds that GSP won't blow his title defense record out of the window when he is 7 years older or Jones when he is 13-14 years older. When Silva was 32 he was getting flying heel hooked and was not on anyones pound for pound list, he was just seen as a good fighter with potential

Oh so now we are playing fantasy pretend time? 

Well then I would guess that GSP won't blow anything out of the water, as pretty much everyone around him has said he is close to retiring and will only fight a few more times... 

Bones? Maybe, but time will tell and he will always be fighting opponents much smaller than him until he moves up. Anderson and GSP have never had the physical advantages he has had. :-)

But that's all fiction and speculation about how many defenses they might have. Completely irrelevant to the massive failure by Brocky-poo over there. 

(p.s. Anderson was only 29 when he lost to Chonan, and had already been ranked #1 at 167/170 lbs in the world)

one of your weakest arguments yet, so we have to "pretend" that Jones and GSP will keep winning? LMAO. It will be a shock to most if either lose in the foreseeable future against the current crop of contenders, meaning 3-5 years. Yet we have someone like Anderson Silva who is having just about every pro fighter picking against him against someone who doesn't even have double digit fights. Yeah let me smoke some of that shit

Your attempt to rebutt my post about FACTS between LilBrocky-poo and I was to try and talk about predictions and pure speculation. Yet you want to talk about my weak arguments? 

GSP will likely not fight long enough to break Anderson's record, according to his own people. So how is that  weak argument?

Bones claims to be moving up to HW soon, possibly after he breaks Tito's records, unless he pulls a GSP and changes his mind...lol so there is a very good argument he would not change the percentages of my initial response there pal.

Just like Andersons people said 3 fights ago that he had about 5 fights left right? You are the Skip Bayless of the UG. You only apply logic when it benefits your argument, yet completely ignore it when it doesn't apply. Silvas streak of title defenses is 3 more than that of GSP. IF GSP outfights him by even 18 months he could/should break that record. Of course if SIlva loses Saturday it will be a foregone conclusion he will take that record in the next 18 months to 2 years. Either way, the odds that he doesn't take that from him are slim.
7/2/13 1:14 AM
LILBROCK

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Nice try chucko.

Typical diarrhea response from you. Can't stay on one topic so you want to move the goalposts around. Won't ever address that Anderson's MASSIVE SIZE ADVANTAGE in 3 of his 11 title defenses.

"How many times have those two fought opponents from the division above theirs? Or guys who used to fight there (Vitor and Sonnen by your own declaration)...Oh that's right, NEVER."

Never? Jones never fought guys that fought at HW? What about Vera, Obrien, Rashad, Vitor, Matyushenko, Bader, Lyoto, or Shogun? Over half of Jones' UFC opponents have fought at HW.
7/2/13 1:17 AM

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Nice try chucko.

Then lets add in he also fought a guy who is fighting at 135 currently (3-4 fights now)  :-)

If you have some fights under your belt you are gonna have a cpl of guys on there who at some point fought a weight class below. Are you suggesting that this Doesn't apply to Anderson?
7/2/13 1:19 AM

Edited: 07/02/13 1:19 AM
or a cpl weight classes even
7/2/13 1:21 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Nice try chucko.

If you have some fights under your belt you are gonna have a cpl of guys on there who at some point fought a weight class below. Are you suggesting that this Doesn't apply to Anderson?

No

7/2/13 1:23 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Nice try chucko.

Damn y'all go everywhere with the p4p arguements. Learn new things about the respective fighters' record everytime. Trash talk usually pulls a couple gems as well. Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 1:25 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Nice try chucko.

Typical diarrhea response from you. Can't stay on one topic so you want to move the goalposts around. Won't ever address that Anderson's MASSIVE SIZE ADVANTAGE in 3 of his 11 title defenses.

"How many times have those two fought opponents from the division above theirs? Or guys who used to fight there (Vitor and Sonnen by your own declaration)...Oh that's right, NEVER."

Never? Jones never fought guys that fought at HW? What about Vera, Obrien, Rashad, Vitor, Matyushenko, Bader, Lyoto, or Shogun? Over half of Jones' UFC opponents have fought at HW.

You got me good on that one kid. I forgot about Vera and Obrien. Did Rashad actually have a pro fight at HW or just the TUF finale you're counting? Never been a big enough fan to follow that. 

I think counting Machida/Shogun/Bader is being a little generous, but technically accurate. 

Let's rephrase for Jones for a moment to actually drive hom my main point:

How many opponents of Jones would you actually HONESTLY consider bigger than he was in the cage?

7/2/13 1:29 AM
Oontyex

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

This!
There's a huge difference between eg Maia and marquar leaving the mw division to go ww after the champ beats them compared to eg chael and vitor vs bones or Bj and Serra vs gsp where a fighter from a lower weight class moved up weight to fight them.

Guys wanting to leave silva's division is in no way a hit against him Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 1:34 AM
LILBROCK

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Nice try chucko.

You got me good on that one kid. I forgot about Vera and Obrien. Did Rashad actually have a pro fight at HW or just the TUF finale you're counting? Never been a big enough fan to follow that. 

I think counting Machida/Shogun/Bader is being a little generous, but technically accurate. 

How many opponents of Jones would you actually HONESTLY consider bigger than he was in the cage?

Prob quite a few considering he really didn't cut weight and guys like Bader, Vera, Chael, Rampage, Bonnar, etc.. are all pretty big. No way of knowing though considering they don't weigh in on fight night.

"In the past, one of Rashad's main advantages over me was that he was more seasoned and a lot more stronger than I was. When I first joined the UFC, I never really cut weight, I came in extremely thin. Walking around at 213, 210. Now I walk around at almost 230 at times."
7/2/13 1:35 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio

You know, upon thinking even more about this, Jones has the second longest reach in UFC as a whole correct? So if he were to go to HW, he'd still have a reach advantage. Why argue about that?

Also Anderson fights at a weightclass full of fighters who go to/are from other weightclasses. So unfair to argue about that one as well. Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 1:37 AM
LILBROCK

Oontyex - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

This!
There's a huge difference between eg Maia and marquar leaving the mw division to go ww after the champ beats them compared to eg chael and vitor vs bones or Bj and Serra vs gsp where a fighter from a lower weight class moved up weight to fight them.

Guys wanting to leave silva's division is in no way a hit against him Phone Post 3.0

WTF are you talking about? This discussion is about a fighter competing against a smaller opponent. Regardless of when the weight is cut, Anderson was fighting men who are capable of making WW, just like Jones fought guys capable of making MW. There is absolutely no difference at what point in time the weight was cut.

Fighters move weight classes and I have no issue with it at all, but if someone is going to say Jones fights MW, then they better be of the opinion that Anderson fights WW's and GSP fights LW's too.
7/2/13 1:42 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 07/02/13 1:44 AM
LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Prob quite a few considering he really didn't cut weight and guys like Bader, Vera, Chael, Rampage, Bonnar, etc.. are all pretty big. No way of knowing though considering they don't weigh in on fight night.

"In the past, one of Rashad's main advantages over me was that he was more seasoned and a lot more stronger than I was. When I first joined the UFC, I never really cut weight, I came in extremely thin. Walking around at 213, 210. Now I walk around at almost 230 at times."

Vera/Bonnar are the only guy on that list that I would consider the beggining of his UFC career, and Vera is a stretch. 

Jones himself said he was 226 in the cage for the fight against the Janitor, so clearly he meant VERY early in his UFC career. 

7/2/13 1:43 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

LILBROCK - 
Oontyex - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

This!

WTF are you talking about? This discussion is about a fighter competing against a smaller opponent. Regardless of when the weight is cut, Anderson was fighting men who are capable of making WW, just like Jones fought guys capable of making MW. There is absolutely no difference at what point in time the weight was cut.

Fighters move weight classes and I have no issue with it at all, but if someone is going to say Jones fights MW, then they better be of the opinion that Anderson fights WW's and GSP fights LW's too.

Don't forget, GSP also fights BANTAMWEIGHTS!!!! (well one bantamweight)

7/2/13 1:46 AM

Oontyex - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

This!

You mention guys who bounce around weight classes when you talk about guys "moving up" as if they haven't already fought at both weight classes. So if Vitor moves down to 185 after a ton of fights at 205, and fights a few times at 185, then goes to 205 to fight Jones he is actually "moving up" ? As if he had no fights at 205? Can say the same thing in regards to BJ and Chael and Serra.

When you show me a guy who has never fought at a weight class then we can say he "moved up" otherwise he is just a fighter who bounces weight classes.
7/2/13 1:48 AM
LILBROCK

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Vera/Bonnar are the only guy on that list that I would consider the beggining of his UFC career, and Vera is a stretch. 

Jones himself said he was 226 in the cage for the fight against the Janitor, so clearly he meant VERY early in his UFC career. 

OK so Jones has said he weighed around 205 in the cage, 218 in the cage, and according to you, 226 in the cage. Yet, every time I see you post on the topic, you claim he is 226 on fight night. Of course you take the highest extreme possible and always claim that as fact. If you're taking his opinion, why not use the lower extreme?
7/2/13 1:49 AM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ninja I just wanted to stop in and say you will never win arguing with some of these fools but watching them scramble and babble has been a small light to my really dark day

Rofl at calling Vera big Ahahaha and lilswock do homework before you flap it bro. Now how many fights at heavy for rashad before tuf??

He only brought it up about 110485839 times how he just hated fighting them big guys but when you get a chance for the show you do what you gotta.

Okay enough from me. Ninja, please ...back to tard stomping lmao ^5 Phone Post
7/2/13 1:50 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Oontyex - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

This!

You mention guys who bounce around weight classes when you talk about guys "moving up" as if they haven't already fought at both weight classes. So if Vitor moves down to 185 after a ton of fights at 205, and fights a few times at 185, then goes to 205 to fight Jones he is actually "moving up" ? As if he had no fights at 205? Can say the same thing in regards to BJ and Chael and Serra.

When you show me a guy who has never fought at a weight class then we can say he "moved up" otherwise he is just a fighter who bounces weight classes.

Well what we can say is that Anderson is the only champion of the three to actually move UP a weight class and fight opponents at that weight class above. 

Jones has only ever fought at LHW

GSP has only ever fought at WW

Silva floated into a third division after being #1 in the two that best fit his size at the time. 

7/2/13 1:51 AM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LILBROCK -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

OK so Jones has said he weighed around 205 in the cage, 218 in the cage, and according to you, 226 in the cage. Yet, every time I see you post on the topic, you claim he is 226 on fight night. Of course you take the highest extreme possible and always claim that as fact. If you're taking his opinion, why not use the lower extreme?
I'm sorry but this guy is one serious moron. Phone Post
7/2/13 1:55 AM
LILBROCK

UGCTT_NKTKDace -  Ninja I just wanted to stop in and say you will never win arguing with some of these fools but watching them scramble and babble has been a small light to my really dark day

Rofl at calling Vera big Ahahaha and lilswock do homework before you flap it bro. Now how many fights at heavy for rashad before tuf??

He only brought it up about 110485839 times how he just hated fighting them big guys but when you get a chance for the show you do what you gotta.

Okay enough from me. Ninja, please ...back to tard stomping lmao ^5 Phone Post

"Rofl at calling Vera big"

Funny you should bring up Vera. I trained with him for about 1.5 years at City Boxing in downtown San Diego roughly 7-8 years ago. Have you been around him and if so, you think he is small? You know he's going back to HW his next UFC fight because it's a struggle for him to make LWH, right?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.