UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva: I Prefer Jones; GSP Is No Good

7/3/13 2:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad is confident he could make MW. You think bones could? No way rashad dehydrated back to 220 or more if he feels he can make 185. That's some juiced up sonnen level dehydrating :-) Phone Post
7/3/13 3:02 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None of us really know what we're talking about when it comes to how much these guys weigh. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 3:02 PM
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None of us really know what we're talking about when it comes to how much these guys weigh. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 3:03 PM

This app is shit. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 3:14 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

JustTheTip -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -  If you think 40+ year old Vlad was close to cutting and rehydrating 21+ lbs when he fought Jones I can't help you... Phone Post

So you agree that 35 year old Travis Wiuff can rehydrate back 36lbs but don't think it's possible for a 40 year old to get back 21 lbs?

And the fact that you believe they cut the 21 lbs shows you know little about weight cutting. A majority of that is done through diet and training. Like when Jones says he's 214 a week before the fight. He's not cutting yet. The cut takes place 1-2 days before the fight.
Actually the dehydration part of a cut can and usually is the final 4-5 days before weigh ins.

No shit that part of making weight is diet and exercise. And that is not weight that is typically put back on before the fight.

That's how rampage starts camp at 250+ yet says he is only 215-220 in the cage.

LOL@ grasping at rampages numbers where he was INJURED and couldn't make the weight as if that's normal. He was hurt, and that's why he couldn't make weight. Phone Post
7/3/13 3:16 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

JustTheTip -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -  Lmao@ that quote stating as fact that those guys were "visibly heavier".....that's some comedy gold right there.

Rampage himself says he is 215-220 in the cage. How is that ueavier than a guy who said he was 224 in the cage against rashad, and 226 against Vlad?

His first couple UFC fights would be the only ones arguable where he was lighter.

Shogun? Flabby belly shogun was "visibly heavier"?

Whoever said that quote is a complete Moran. Phone Post

Oh, and it looks like it's been established in this thread that Jones has been around 218 for a fight before (I won't even address the times he said he didn't cut weight so he was around 205). So for the sake of argument, let's say Jones was 218 again for the Rampage fight. I believe Rampage to be well above 220 but even so, lets say he was exactly 220 (by your own admission he's between 215-220).

Looks like it's entirely plausible that Rampage was heavier than Jones in that fight, right?
He said he was 218 the week before the shogun fight, not in that cage.

So yeah...

No one cares that he didn't cut much weight back in 2008/9. We are talking about his weight NOW.

Most recent in cage weight from Jones was 224 against rashad. Phone Post
7/3/13 3:46 PM
leifdawg
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LILBROCK - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
LILBROCK - Shocker he'd say that. Considering he's the one champ in the UFC who has fought the most opponents from a weight class below, I'd think he'd want another WW under his belt.
He's also the champ that's fought the most guys a weight class above Phone Post

100%... I like Anderson. It's just funny how LnP never fails to mention Jones' "massive size advantage" and how much GSP weighs but always somehow neglects to point out how 3 of Anderson's title defenses are against current WW's. That's more title defenses than any other UFC champ in history, including Jones and GSP.

He demoralizes people so bad they are forced to drop a weight class?
7/3/13 5:23 PM
LILBROCK

leifdawg - 
LILBROCK - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
LILBROCK - Shocker he'd say that. Considering he's the one champ in the UFC who has fought the most opponents from a weight class below, I'd think he'd want another WW under his belt.
He's also the champ that's fought the most guys a weight class above Phone Post

100%... I like Anderson. It's just funny how LnP never fails to mention Jones' "massive size advantage" and how much GSP weighs but always somehow neglects to point out how 3 of Anderson's title defenses are against current WW's. That's more title defenses than any other UFC champ in history, including Jones and GSP.

He demoralizes people so bad they are forced to drop a weight class?

Sure...he demoralizes them so bad they leave the weight class. I'll give you that. He just happened to be fighting much smaller fighters that are really WW's. Nothing wrong with that though as it happens in every weight class. For some reason people like to focus much more though when it happens to Jones, despite the fact that Andy has fought defended his title against several WW's, GSP has had multiple fights against LW's, Bendo has fought FW's, etc... Point is fighters jump weight classes, both up and down.

Jones has fought more guys that have competed at HW than guys who have competed at MW.
7/3/13 5:28 PM
LILBROCK

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -  Lmao@ that quote stating as fact that those guys were "visibly heavier".....that's some comedy gold right there.

Rampage himself says he is 215-220 in the cage. How is that ueavier than a guy who said he was 224 in the cage against rashad, and 226 against Vlad?

His first couple UFC fights would be the only ones arguable where he was lighter.

Jesus Christ dude...give it a rest. It's a fuckin national holiday tomorrow, take the day off. Maybe 364 consecutive days of your anti-Jones campaign is enough?
7/3/13 5:41 PM

LILBROCK - 

Jesus Christ dude...give it a rest. It's a fuckin national holiday tomorrow, take the day off. Maybe 364 consecutive days of your anti-Jones campaign is enough?

I don't think he's anti-Jones or anti-GSP - he just really likes Anderson Silva. 

7/3/13 5:56 PM
Malvert the Janitor
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was there an iphone version of the video in the OP? This thread seems to have gone off the rails with quotes and I'm getting a migraine scrolling through... Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 5:57 PM
Entreri

Definitely Silva is considerably larger than GSP, as stated by Ed Soares. 230 pounds before cutting, Fedor weight.

As for Jones vs. Silva, I can see why almost no Silva fan wants to see this fight. Who can blame them?

I personally think Silva would do better against Cain. Jones can take out Cain.
7/3/13 11:58 PM
D241

clicked on this thread to see the video. click play and it's been removed by the user. skimmed through 7 pages hoping someone could re upload the video. 

Disappointed

7/4/13 12:05 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

D241 -

clicked on this thread to see the video. click play and it's been removed by the user. skimmed through 7 pages hoping someone could re upload the video. 

Disappointed

So fucking weird. It was espn's video not a shitty cameraphone one. Phone Post
7/4/13 12:06 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Entreri - Definitely Silva is considerably larger than GSP, as stated by Ed Soares. 230 pounds before cutting, Fedor weight.

As for Jones vs. Silva, I can see why almost no Silva fan wants to see this fight. Who can blame them?

What Anderson fans don't want to see this fight?

I do. Pretty sure Abe does. Ortman, slugshot, orcus, pretty much all the known Anderson sack gobblers want to see this fight...no? Phone Post
7/4/13 12:41 AM
ABE FROMAN

I want to see this fight, pure myth that it's Anderson fans who have the problem.

Here's the fact, Anderson won't lose against anybody else so even though 90% of these guys are screaming about Jones they only support him against Anderson, otherwise they jump on Cain's nuts to beat Jon.

7/4/13 12:45 AM
SLUGSHOT_331
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Entreri - Definitely Silva is considerably larger than GSP, as stated by Ed Soares. 230 pounds before cutting, Fedor weight.

I do. Pretty sure Abe does. Ortman, slugshot, orcus, pretty much all the known Anderson sack gobblers want to see this fight...no? Phone Post

7/4/13 12:48 AM
Oontyex

ABE FROMAN -

I want to see this fight, pure myth that it's Anderson fans who have the problem.

Here's the fact, Anderson won't lose against anybody else so even though 90% of these guys are screaming about Jones they only support him against Anderson, otherwise they jump on Cain's nuts to beat Jon.

It's strange how the gsp fans want jones to be gsp's white night instead of backing their guy as the one to beat the GOAT Phone Post 3.0
7/4/13 12:49 AM
Oontyex

*White knight haha woops autocorrect on phone :) Phone Post 3.0
7/4/13 1:55 AM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a gsp fan

i have andy as my goat

i don't need jones to white knight for gsp

if gsp and andy want that fight, awesome

if andy and jones want that fight, awesome

if none of them want it, well that sucks, but oh fucking well.

7/4/13 2:07 AM
SLUGSHOT_331
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -

I'm a gsp fan

i have andy as my goat

i don't need jones to white knight for gsp

if gsp and andy want that fight, awesome

if andy and jones want that fight, awesome

if none of them want it, well that sucks, but oh fucking well.

Where the fuck have you been lol? Phone Post
7/4/13 2:15 AM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont know, not here i guess lol

7/7/13 11:17 AM
Leck Brosnar

SLUGSHOT_331 - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

I hope you guys don't want this anymore, Jones by left hook KO in the 1st.
7/7/13 11:18 AM
Leck Brosnar

ABE FROMAN - 

So Weidman>Jones?
7/7/13 11:52 AM
Shoryuken Rw

Man you gotta love salt in the wound.

Where's Lay'N'Gay? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.