UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Edgar: I will defeat Charles Oliveira

7/3/13 12:14 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At UFC 162, Frankie Edgar finds himself in some unfamiliar territory: a three round fight. Edgar hasn't fought a three round since 2009, having been involved only in title fights. Edgar spoke to UFC.com about the fight and the interview was transcribed by MMAWeekly.com:

“It’s a blessing in disguise, I feel like, coming back to a three-round fight.  It’s going to make me get out of the gun early and make sure, first round, I’m in his face and I’m in the rhythm that I like to be in fourth and fifth (round),” Edgar told UFC.com.

Oliveira (16-3, 1 no contest) has logged submissions in all four of his UFC fights, earning Submission of the Night honors twice.

“He’s tough.  He’s dangerous.  Probably the tallest guy I may have ever fought.  He’s got pretty good Muay Thai.  He mixes it up well with kicks, knees, elbows.  He’s got a slick submission game. He’s willing to go from broke to go for submissions,” said Edgar about his opponent.

read entire article...

7/3/13 12:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rob San Soo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn sure hope so Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 2:58 PM
McNutt
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad me and Frankie are on the same page, lol Phone Post
7/3/13 11:21 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Translation: I'm gonna learn how to win the early rounds better so I can better use my pointfighting to win more decisions.
7/5/13 1:08 AM
HenryO

Really lookin forward to this fight.

Though I think Oliveira should be protected a bit and is in over his head.

Oliveira will at least make it exciting and push Edgar before I expect Edgar to be too much
7/5/13 1:16 AM
roperninja
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiron - Translation: I'm gonna learn how to win the early rounds better so I can better use my pointfighting to win more decisions.
Like that second decision with gray? Phone Post 3.0
7/5/13 2:51 AM
Slick Jitz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - Really lookin forward to this fight.

Though I think Oliveira should be protected a bit and is in over his head.

Oliveira will at least make it exciting and push Edgar before I expect Edgar to be too much
I agree. Good fight but oliveira is still so young, would like to see him with more experience Phone Post
7/5/13 3:46 AM
ChaosOverkill
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Oliveira (16-3, 1 no contest) has logged submissions in all four of his UFC fights, earning Submission of the Night honors twice."

He's fought 8 times, good reporting

7/5/13 5:05 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

roperninja -
Chiron - Translation: I'm gonna learn how to win the early rounds better so I can better use my pointfighting to win more decisions.
Like that second decision with gray? Phone Post 3.0
That was a draw. Phone Post
7/5/13 5:11 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 07/05/13 5:12 AM

Live by the point, die by the point

Frankie better finish... the only way people will want to see him in another title fight is if he starts finishing some guys.

7/5/13 5:35 AM
Jo'donnell-Davies
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I only see oliviera winning by submission. But I've got edgar in this, I think he's gunna win Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.