UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Coach: Silva hasn't faced fighter at Chris's level

7/3/13 2:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nolabrum
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

phillymmafan - So sick of this weidman hype . Can't wait till silva crushes his soul Phone Post 3.0
If I were to say the opposite I would be the most hated guy on this website."I'm so sick of this Silva hype, I hope Weidman smashes him and we don't have to hear from him again." Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 2:55 PM
Mr Makaveli
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason -

That an odd statement to make. How about Weidman has NEVER faced a fighter that could even be uttered in the same sentence as Anderson Silva level?

VU Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 2:56 PM
Mr Makaveli

nolabrum -
phillymmafan - So sick of this weidman hype . Can't wait till silva crushes his soul Phone Post 3.0
If I were to say the opposite I would be the most hated guy on this website."I'm so sick of this Silva hype, I hope Weidman smashes him and we don't have to hear from him again." Phone Post 3.0
Lol @ Anderson Silva hype being existent Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 2:59 PM
ortman166

He has, but Chris definitely hasn't faced a fighter on Anderson's level. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 3:06 PM
Tad Ghostal
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's Ray Longo, so he gets a pass. I took it more to mean that Anderson hasn't fought anyone with the combination of skills that Weidman has. It's kind of like if Javier Mendez had said that Big Nog has never fought anyone on Cain's level.
7/3/13 3:07 PM
Kebab Warrior
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm so sick of this bullshit hype train. Even if he goes in there and wins now and shocks the world, I will still just feel "okay, fine but please SHUT THE FUCK UP".

One thing gradually killing my love of football (soccer) is the inane, repetitive media controlled hype in the Premiership. I never thought MMA would go down that road but it has.

As Real As It Gets doesn't equal insincere PR / Media department driven, sanitised, made up fueds etc. bullshit.

Ban fighters from twitter, ban constant obvious promotional bullshit, have the UFC PR department shot...

No more fining fighters for daring to be controversial either.

I sincerely think by trying to act more like other 'serious' sports org's the UFC is actually killing the very essence that made it different and refreshing in the first place. 'Oh no we've offended transsexuals - the horror!'

I don't want sanitised media friendly fighters. I want BJ Penn fighting running into a cage, knocking someone the fuck out, licking blood of his gloves and running the fuck back out again.

Sorry miserable old bastard rant over.

Pride never yadda yadda. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 3:08 PM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the only thing unique in this equation is Anderson Silva

like alot of other posters I'm so sick of the "he's never faced a fighter like" bs

Thats always true about Silva but rarely if ever true about any other fighter
7/3/13 3:09 PM
steveAKAslick
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Must be true then...godalmighty I'm sick of hearing this bullshit, I hope Silva smashes him and I'm not even a Silva fan...unfortunately Weidman hasn't faced anyone at Silva's level either Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 3:11 PM
inf0
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA

Fan to coach: We'll see Saturday.

7/3/13 3:14 PM
MattyJ
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He may have the tools to pull out the win but he's also 1 strike away from being the most recent guy who wasn't on the same planet as Anderson let alone on the same level, a lot of hype over a couple of wins. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 3:14 PM
steveAKAslick
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Makaveli -
nolabrum -
Lol @ Anderson Silva hype being existent Phone Post 3.0
No doubt lol!!! All aboard the Silva hype train choooo chooooo!!!! Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 3:24 PM
Kebab Warrior
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You could argue that the hype train is intended to have two effects:

- convince people that Weidman can win so they want to watch Silva get KTFO...

Or

- make people want to watch to see Weidman get KTFO...

Either way = PPV buys.

But personally for me it does neither. I want to watch to see Silva fight anyway.

The hype just makes me sad for the UFC and MMA in general and makes me wish we could go back to the pre-media bullshit days where people didn't try and 'Sonnen' their way into fights via Twitter.

I get that Dana's job is to hype fights, i like Dana, but seriously - enough of this shit now.

Even if he knocks Silva out in Rd 1 this obviously orchestrated hype campaign has been a bag of wank with a side order of shit chips. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 3:30 PM
PersianMMA

I am dying here. These guys should do stand up comedy! This is beyond fantasy !
7/3/13 3:38 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nolabrum -
Lol Silva is a little bit passed the hype stage Phone Post
7/3/13 3:48 PM
jdb2414
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nolabrum - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - You're right, he has fought fighters at much higher levels.

Better bjj players
Better wrestlers
Better strikers

Chris is a BIG dude with a nasty combination of wrestling and bjj, but lets be real. Anderson has fought plenty at Chris' "level". Phone Post
If Weidman wins. His coaches will be proven right. But all the nuthuggers will cry about a broken rib or a prime Anderson would have crushed him. It's a big "IF" though. Phone Post 3.0

You think that if Weidman wins, that it proves that his coaches were right about Silva not having faced another opponent on his level?

Of course Weidman CAN win. It's MMA. But him winning doesn't mean he's so much better than all of the other opponents. If he beats him up for a few rounds, clearly showing superior technique in every facet of the game, and then finishes him, THEN I would agree that he's on another level compared to Silva's other opponents. But he hasn't proven that at all in his performances to date. A win won't automatically prove that.
7/3/13 3:48 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/3/13 3:51 PM
sitchpack

Cant wait to bump all these threads when Silva wins on Saturday.

7/3/13 3:52 PM
DanEzra
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/03/13 3:54 PM

God bless you Tommy Toe Hold.

"Fuck this fight."

7/3/13 3:53 PM
Rudi

sitchpack -

Cant wait to bump all these threads when Silva wins on Saturday.

This Phone Post
7/3/13 4:04 PM
Michael Chase

nolabrum -
Do you know what hype is? Phone Post
7/3/13 4:11 PM
Authority Figure

UGCTT_SidRival - Wolf tickets! Get ur wolf tickets here! Phone Post 3.0
lol Phone Post
7/3/13 4:19 PM
Leck Brosnar

Galanis - 

Weidman is obviously beyond Hendo's level

Styles make fights. Weidman >> Hendo when facing Silva easily, and Vitor at that.
7/3/13 4:41 PM
AndersonSilvasMoney
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how people complain about fight promotion. The UFC is a business. Should the tagine for the PPV be "C'mon... You know Anderson is going to beat the shit out of him"? Of course not. Fighters get paid to hype in order to generate buys. We all know what the real likelihood of Weidman winning is, so what does it matter? Phone Post
7/3/13 4:56 PM
PsychoDad
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay, everbody out. Let's close up shop, Weidman apparently shouldn't even show up. Actually, no one should because the UG says no one can beat Silva EVER.

7/3/13 5:00 PM
Kebab Warrior

AndersonSilvasMoney - I love how people complain about fight promotion. The UFC is a business. Should the tagine for the PPV be "C'mon... You know Anderson is going to beat the shit out of him"? Of course not. Fighters get paid to hype in order to generate buys. We all know what the real likelihood of Weidman winning is, so what does it matter? Phone Post
Fight promotion - yes, fine. We all get their job is to sell the fight.

Incessant twitter bleating, 'all the fighters are picking Weidman' and other such obvious bollocks - not so much. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.