UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman's BJJ is better than Silva's?

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
7/3/13 8:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
98lbweakling
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this based on his performance in ADCC or the fact that he submitted Lawlor and wasn't submitted by Maia? For comparison, who is the best submission guy Silva has been on the ground with? Lutter? Did the Leites, Marquardt, or Horn fights ever go to the ground for any significant amount of time? Just curious.
7/3/13 9:04 PM
Unwariestpickle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva has some high level BJJ, so it's hard to say.

He hasn't fought a high level Wrestler + BJJ fighter since Lutter so it makes it an intriguing matchup.
7/3/13 9:22 PM
Rudi

Frank Gallagher -
Pitbull3744 - Yes it is 100 percent. Not saying Silva is a slouch but Weidmans Bjj is def elite level Phone Post 3.0
This should make it easier to get down from swinging on Weidmans nuts.

Phone Post
Boom. Phone Post
7/3/13 9:22 PM
Rudi

Pitbull3744 - Yes it is 100 percent. Not saying Silva is a slouch but Weidmans Bjj is def elite level Phone Post 3.0
Delete your account. Phone Post
7/3/13 9:59 PM
aka_rtotheoh

has anderson ever competed in strictly grappling matches? you cant really say weidman has better bjj. mma bjj, maybe, maybe not. we will see i guess. Phone Post
7/3/13 10:00 PM
The Brool Story Company

Anderson tapped out the Michael Jordan of BJJ

7/3/13 10:10 PM
Kimbos Lice
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted you up Frank G! Always a good poster. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 10:12 PM
jon_m
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank Gallagher - 
This should make it easier to get down from swinging on Weidmans nuts.

Phone Post

After Saturday I might need to use your ladder dude... But until then...
7/3/13 10:22 PM
88samurai88
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NO. Just dont see how that is even possible. Silva has been practicing BJJ before weidman even started mma.
Even when silva was on the ground for 4.5 rounds against sonnen he threw vicious elbows and did some damage, who knows how weidman reacts to being hit with elbows from the bottom? Its alot different than BJJ competitions, condit also throws some vicious elbows from his back and it could make weidman uncomfortable. Like silva said this is mma not wrestling or BJJ comp.. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 10:22 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

I don't think we have enough data on Weidman to make a claim one way or another.

MMA BJJ we do know Anderson has submitted a few people who were rarely ever submitted at the time. Henderson has only ever been submitted by Andy and Nog brothers. Lutter at the time I don't think was ever submitted, or maybe once...iirc. Both are not easy people to submit.

Weidman couldn't submit sakara nor maia (not that anyone submits maia in MMA) Phone Post
7/3/13 10:44 PM
TEN10TEN
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - I don't think we have enough data on Weidman to make a claim one way or another.

MMA BJJ we do know Anderson has submitted a few people who were rarely ever submitted at the time. Henderson has only ever been submitted by Andy and Nog brothers. Lutter at the time I don't think was ever submitted, or maybe once...iirc. Both are not easy people to submit.

Weidman couldn't submit sakara nor maia (not that anyone submits maia in MMA) Phone Post
Hendo was exhausted in the Nog fights and on queer street vs Andy. Even lutter was tired as hell with his half round gas tank. Phone Post
7/3/13 11:21 PM
Vale_Tudo_83
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think subbing tom lawlor and bongfelt or whatever his name is makes his bjj better than silvas. He didnt get subbed by Maia so he deserves credit sure for that but he also never had Maia in any danger. Phone Post
7/3/13 11:44 PM
98lbweakling
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JewJitsu112 - Anderson does not have elite level BJJ

I'd be curious to know how you define that term.
7/4/13 12:16 AM
REDRUM_NYC

answer is yes and its not close, not by a little

7/4/13 12:19 AM
TEN10TEN
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vale_Tudo_83 - I don't think subbing tom lawlor and bongfelt or whatever his name is makes his bjj better than silvas. He didnt get subbed by Maia so he deserves credit sure for that but he also never had Maia in any danger. Phone Post
Did you hear what Roger said about him? I doubt Chris Weidman would have his guard passed and mounted by Chael. Phone Post
7/4/13 12:37 AM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to say. Anderson has developed BJJ for MMA while Weidman has competed in more strict grappling tournaments.
7/4/13 12:48 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty crazy how submitting Tom Lawlor makes you an MMA submission machine. Phone Post
7/4/13 1:12 AM
Jake95
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

getting real tired of your shit UG.

Back to the OG.

7/4/13 1:23 AM
omlet de fromage

Jake95 - getting real tired of your shit UG.

Back to the OG.

I can't even explain how truthful this is.

Until Saturday when Silva details this fucking hype train, I will head to the other ground for laughs and pics of hot chicks.

See y'all Saturday Phone Post
7/4/13 1:23 AM
omlet de fromage

omlet de fromage -
Jake95 - getting real tired of your shit UG.

Back to the OG.

I can't even explain how truthful this is.

Until Saturday when Silva details this fucking hype train, I will head to the other ground for laughs and pics of hot chicks.

See y'all Saturday Phone Post
*derails Phone Post
7/4/13 1:28 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

TEN10TEN -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - I don't think we have enough data on Weidman to make a claim one way or another.

Hendo was exhausted in the Nog fights and on queer street vs Andy. Even lutter was tired as hell with his half round gas tank. Phone Post
Stop making excuses.

Especially when they are not true. There was a solid minute or minute and a half between the shots that rocked hendo, and the choke. The greatest chin in MMA was not on queer street. Anderson used MMA bjj to submit Dan.

You could make the case that Lutter was wobbled, because he was, from an upkick that is part of MMA. Phone Post
7/4/13 1:33 AM
John M
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not that I think it will happen, but I would not be surprised if Andy submitted Weidman off his back.

I expect AS to KO him with a knee or two, but catching him in a triangle or armbar wouldn't surprise me.
7/4/13 2:22 AM
TEN10TEN

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
TEN10TEN -

Stop making excuses.

Especially when they are not true. There was a solid minute or minute and a half between the shots that rocked hendo, and the choke. The greatest chin in MMA was not on queer street. Anderson used MMA bjj to submit Dan.

You could make the case that Lutter was wobbled, because he was, from an upkick that is part of MMA. Phone Post
Don't get so defensive. I'm just calling it as I see it.

The greatest chin doesn't matter against a barrage from Anderson. He was clearly not all there as Silva literally just reached up and grabbed his neck. It wasn't some masterful bj Penn technique working in the choke, Dan put up no defense. Arona had Dan's back and couldn't sub him from there. Great win for Andy but not a showcase of bjj. Phone Post
7/4/13 2:24 AM
SLUGSHOT_331
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva to Weidman: this isn't ADCC, it's MMA Phone Post
7/4/13 10:23 AM
orcus

Weidman submitted: Bongfeldt and Lawlor

Anderson submitted: Lutter and Henderson

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.