UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 5 reasons I quit MMA

7/9/13 4:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ryan Williams
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SKARHEAD -
Ryan Williams - When you do things for the wrong reasons expect for the results to be wrong. Phone Post 3.0

Just to play the other side of the coin...

Let's say he DID do it for all the right reasons...but was never going to see gold anyway. Just kept plugging away for the love of it.

Does he now get to avoid all the reasons he gave for giving up ?

Will he avoid joint pain ? Head trauma ? Those things ?

The comparison to animals and weapons was accurate...but not a good enough reason by itself to quit MMA...The long term physical injuries and problems that linger and get worse as you age might be though for some.
Believe me I understand quitting for the Reasons of injury or just wear and tear. However, to me if all you take away is the physical whether positive or negative you are missing the bigger picture. The mental aspects are just as useful and more important than the physical. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 4:38 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CaliKush - 6. I'm a pussy Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 5:04 PM
future_champ
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chomas - Looks like Debbie Downer took a break from cutting himself and trying on lipstick and dresses to write this dogshit. Phone Post 3.0

Don't know why, but this post got me. Thanks my friend for the laugh.
7/9/13 6:10 PM
evad6317
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/15/13 9:35 AM
skyballs

ttt
7/15/13 10:05 AM
Vaginal Tear
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Twelvers hav superior genetics - Regarding point no.4 OP

'You could punch and kick a cow all day and it would just continue to chew its cud. Face it, we are wussies'

What about if you were on TRT, steroids, HGH etc and you repeatedly punched a cow in it's balls? If it then stopped chewing it's cud would that mean the superior victory would be mine? If so that would mean I fucked that cow up like a gangsta and I would be one badass motherfucker and that would invalidate your entire argument ya?
Hypotheticals tend to invalidate any argument. How about you go sack punch that bull and prove your point? Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 10:31 AM
MagSlim

Cro Cop chops a cow down with leg kicks in no time, lets be serious. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 10:50 AM
Fr35h Prync3

I don't understand why you even posted this. You obviously did martial arts for the wrong reasons.

MMA obviously isn't the best thing for your body in the long run however, to say that you won't live to be old and our body's aren't made for combat is just ridiculous.

My old Muay Thai coach (may he rest in peace) was 92 when he passed away. He was fighting in Thailand and many other countries when Muay Thai was REALLY brutal. Yet even at that age he was moving around like he was a 40 year old. He could still demonstrate techniques to us and speak complete and coherent English.

It's because Martial Arts is more than punching people in the face. It's about using the art(s) to train your body and mind to be one. Letting the techniques just flow without thinking anymore, gaining flexibility and dexterity, power and many other positive attributes.

I don't know you personally so I can't call you out of your name, and I won't. What I will say is, you do not understand the true meaning of Martial Arts and how it may benefit your life after competitive fighting. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 10:58 AM
SUPER HLUK

DwadingInSpursTears - Peace, bitch. No one likes anyway Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, rick anyway! The whole way family is a little bitch. Phone Post
7/15/13 11:23 AM
UGCTT_AndersonKnowsHowToNap
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure how I missed this gem.
The legend retires. Get this man his green name!

In other news this is probably the retard that caused the blackout. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 11:51 AM
ShawnTheBadger
426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Twelvers hav superior genetics - 
Vaginal Tear - 

'You could punch and kick a cow all day and it would just continue to chew its cud. Face it, we are wussies'

What about if you were on TRT, steroids, HGH etc and you repeatedly punched a cow in it's balls? If it then stopped chewing it's cud would that mean the superior victory would be mine? If so that would mean I fucked that cow up like a gangsta and I would be one badass motherfucker and that would invalidate your entire argument ya?
Hypotheticals tend to invalidate any argument. How about you go sack punch that bull and prove your point? Phone Post 3.0

Good point, I cannot tell you how good it feels to finally have a legitimate reason to do this.

First though I need to beef up on the banned substances in preparation for the big event. That cow will regret the day it ever thought it could fuck with me.

This will prove once and for all the OP does not hold a relevant valid viewpoint on this subject. I'm proud to officially represent the underground and all MMA fighters and fans past and present on this subject.

I was a city-boy for most of my life.

For the last few years I have been running a farm and raising Angus beef.

A mama-cow looking for her young (who have been sent to market) must be kept in a corral.  Not just inside brand-new, well-built, 5-strand barb-wire fence.  A determined and motivated 1,100-pound heifer can run through a 5-strand barb-wire fence.  They stay inside fencing because they are generally docile and good natured.

A bull?  Holy shit, you have NO idea.  I do not keep any bulls beyond 6-months old.  They get sent to market.  I rent-a-bull from my neighbor, who happens to be a genuine, life-long country-boy.  He delivers Mr. Bull, who services my ladies, then neighbor picks up a check from me (pimpin' ain't easy), and retrieves Mr. Bull.  That bull is a small one, he weighs in at 1,800 pounds.  Pure, 100% muscle, sinew and bone.  Gawd-damned scary-big up close.  And bulls can be very aggressive and unpredicatable.  Mr. Bull, alone in an 18-foot heavily reinforced, dual-axle trailer, hooked up to a dualie Chevy 3500, can jump around in that trailer and shake everything.  The trailer, the Chevy 3500, all of it.  Bouncing like it is in a Low-Rider parade.

That's Mr. Bull.

With both my (black) angus and neighbors cows.  We put them together with Mr. Bull during mating-time.  Or our mutally shared 5-strand barb-wire fence is in jeopardy.  If Mr. Bull wants to fuck the cows on the other side of the fence, the fence is toast.

Yeah, just run up on that and smack those near cantaloup-sized balls. 

Good luck.  Post pics.  Godspeed.

7/15/13 12:10 PM
HandyDarsh
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

98lbweakling - So what you're saying is you got roughed up when you went to sign up at the local mma gym and you're not going back for the second free introductory class. Phone Post
Hahahahahahaha Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 12:11 PM
ShawnTheBadger
426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP.  Just for chuckles, I'll bite on your troll-bait.

I missed MMA by about a decade.  Glad the sport came alive during my lifetime, just came a bit late for my serious participation.

I worked in bars for 27-years.  No matter my official job title or duties, I always did security because I am very protective, naturally good at it, and I absolutlely love to fight.  I did security from 1983 until 2010.  Still miss it.

I have all those injuries you talk about.  Dislocated limbs, broken shit, a dozen concussions, 5-surgeries to repair broken body-parts.  Chronically injured joints.  Pins, bone-grafts, too many scars and stitches to count.

I got in trouble on occassion for doing security with a bit too much enthusiasm.  Got fined, suspended, got fired.

I paid my own hospital bills.  No health insurance in nightclubs.

I fought because I am naturally a very protective guy, I hate bullies, and I love to fight.

As the Manager or Owner, you could not stop me from doing so short of firing me.

I would not change a single thing about my career in the clubs.  I regret nothing.

You sir, were not cut-out to be a fighter.  It is that simple.

7/15/13 12:28 PM
Collin Reuter
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I'm old, punch drunk and frail, ill still laugh at you for being such a pussy. I get one shot at life, I'm not playing it safe Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 2:44 PM
Sprawl 68

Life is hard on your body if you live it. But you can prolong it by avoiding it. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 4:56 PM
AlphaMaleJP
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would u like some midol with that OP? Phone Post
7/15/13 5:48 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger -
Twelvers hav superior genetics - 
Vaginal Tear - 

Good point, I cannot tell you how good it feels to finally have a legitimate reason to do this.

First though I need to beef up on the banned substances in preparation for the big event. That cow will regret the day it ever thought it could fuck with me.

This will prove once and for all the OP does not hold a relevant valid viewpoint on this subject. I'm proud to officially represent the underground and all MMA fighters and fans past and present on this subject.

I was a city-boy for most of my life.

For the last few years I have been running a farm and raising Angus beef.

A mama-cow looking for her young (who have been sent to market) must be kept in a corral.  Not just inside brand-new, well-built, 5-strand barb-wire fence.  A determined and motivated 1,100-pound heifer can run through a 5-strand barb-wire fence.  They stay inside fencing because they are generally docile and good natured.

A bull?  Holy shit, you have NO idea.  I do not keep any bulls beyond 6-months old.  They get sent to market.  I rent-a-bull from my neighbor, who happens to be a genuine, life-long country-boy.  He delivers Mr. Bull, who services my ladies, then neighbor picks up a check from me (pimpin' ain't easy), and retrieves Mr. Bull.  That bull is a small one, he weighs in at 1,800 pounds.  Pure, 100% muscle, sinew and bone.  Gawd-damned scary-big up close.  And bulls can be very aggressive and unpredicatable.  Mr. Bull, alone in an 18-foot heavily reinforced, dual-axle trailer, hooked up to a dualie Chevy 3500, can jump around in that trailer and shake everything.  The trailer, the Chevy 3500, all of it.  Bouncing like it is in a Low-Rider parade.

That's Mr. Bull.

With both my (black) angus and neighbors cows.  We put them together with Mr. Bull during mating-time.  Or our mutally shared 5-strand barb-wire fence is in jeopardy.  If Mr. Bull wants to fuck the cows on the other side of the fence, the fence is toast.

Yeah, just run up on that and smack those near cantaloup-sized balls. 

Good luck.  Post pics.  Godspeed.

Please tell me you have or are planning to create a thread on the OG based on your experiences with farming? I would read the shit out of that... Phone Post 3.0
7/16/13 12:21 AM
skyballs

First off I don't understand how this site has rules and regulations, yet allows people to call others "faggots"? I'm a proud support of LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trasgender) rights. That word is so derogatory, and neanderthal in nature. I'm a legit fighter. I began training in 1998 and had my last fight in 2012. I fought live on primetime television, fought overseas, and have been the main event 4 times in local shows. Just for the record for all you talkers... On paper and according to the law of averages I would destroy over 90% of you. Especially since I fought in the upper weights.

Its just how I feel. I don't want anything to do with mma. I was so tired of waking up in the morning like I got hit by a bus the day before. I don't ever want to spar again. To me, two people taking turns hitting eachother in the face is counter productive to a happy life. I think back to the camps I did. The uphill sprints and constantly pushing myself past my limits. I"m so proud of what I accomplished, but I"m so glad its over.

To my first point, sorry people, your going to pay dearly for the shots you took to the head someday. Some people predict the NFL will be gone someday after more and more cases of NFL head injuries later in life surface. We are human beings, we are not meant for combat. Our precious heads are so fragile.

My 2nd point. Human beings hierarchy of needs. Number 1, self preservation. Number 2 is to reproduce with the best possible mate for the best possible offspring or in other words: PU$$Y, PU$$Y, and PU$$Y. Its the point of everything we do. If you tell me you don't fight for Pu$$y you are lying.

My goal in life now is the be healthy and happy. I enjoy my run on the treadmill, my pushups, going to weight room occasionally. I just want to be happy. No more face punching. All you people who want your peers to think you tuff, its not worth it.
7/16/13 12:29 AM
FloridaStriker

Edited: 07/16/13 12:31 AM
They arent smart enough to know that everything they do is for pussy yet. Too much testosterone, very little brains.

Your words are that of a man whos been there and learned from it. On a forum full of wannabees, nerds and overweight middle aged divorced guys with nothing left but their ego. Very good post
7/16/13 12:37 AM
ChaosOverkill
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Masterful faggotry Op

7/16/13 12:38 AM
scarfacedave
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless you are a pro fighter, you cannot "quit" MMA
7/16/13 12:43 AM
jmont

sounds like someone sucked at mma and is all sour about it... Phone Post
7/16/13 3:46 AM
tiger07
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

S ub
7/16/13 3:51 AM
XIITT_JBASS
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

skyballs - First off I don't understand how this site has rules and regulations, yet allows people to call others "faggots"? I'm a proud support of LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trasgender) rights. That word is so derogatory, and neanderthal in nature. I'm a legit fighter. I began training in 1998 and had my last fight in 2012. I fought live on primetime television, fought overseas, and have been the main event 4 times in local shows. Just for the record for all you talkers... On paper and according to the law of averages I would destroy over 90% of you. Especially since I fought in the upper weights.

Its just how I feel. I don't want anything to do with mma. I was so tired of waking up in the morning like I got hit by a bus the day before. I don't ever want to spar again. To me, two people taking turns hitting eachother in the face is counter productive to a happy life. I think back to the camps I did. The uphill sprints and constantly pushing myself past my limits. I"m so proud of what I accomplished, but I"m so glad its over.

To my first point, sorry people, your going to pay dearly for the shots you took to the head someday. Some people predict the NFL will be gone someday after more and more cases of NFL head injuries later in life surface. We are human beings, we are not meant for combat. Our precious heads are so fragile.

My 2nd point. Human beings hierarchy of needs. Number 1, self preservation. Number 2 is to reproduce with the best possible mate for the best possible offspring or in other words: PU$$Y, PU$$Y, and PU$$Y. Its the point of everything we do. If you tell me you don't fight for Pu$$y you are lying.

My goal in life now is the be healthy and happy. I enjoy my run on the treadmill, my pushups, going to weight room occasionally. I just want to be happy. No more face punching. All you people who want your peers to think you tuff, its not worth it.

In that case;

What is your name?

What organizations did you fight for?

Which televised cards did you fight on?

Who were your opponents?

Have you fought anyone that has fought previously in the UFC? And if so, who?

Which camp did you fight with and when were you with them? 

You can't come onto an MMA forum, make a post like that with no known credentials and expect people to take you seriously. If you had come on here and mentioned any of what I asked above to begin with, people may have taken your OP with a grain of salt. It's obvious everyone else takes it with even less.

The only thing I agree with that you have stated is the use of the word 'faggot' on here, but I don't tell people to stop. My personal feelings towards that term being used in a derogatory way also means sweet FA. 

7/16/13 4:36 AM
WrestlingSucks
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did so many people bite on this? Good lord this is day one trolling. "Oh you guys like this? I dislike it because I think I'm better than you"

OHHHH WICKED NEXT LEVEL SHIT, BRAH!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.