UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Iole: RJJ considering MMA fight

7/5/13 1:29 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC middleweight champion has repeatedly and fervently discussed boxing Roy Jones Jr.

“From a professional point of view, my goals have already been accomplished,” said Silva earlier this week. “I don’t see any greater challenges in my career. I simply seek to be a better human being every day. I try to set a good example to those around me. That’s what’s most important to me. A fight with Jon Jones, with St-Pierre or even with Weidman won’t change anything. The past has been written already.”

“I believe a fight against Roy Jones Jr. would be much better."

Up until now, the thought was that Silva would step into the ring. However,in a text to Yahoo Sports' Kevin Iole,  Jones says he is considering stepping into the Octagon.

Kevin Iole ‏@KevinI
I'm stunned, but I just got a text from @RealRoyJonesJr and he said he is planning to talk to @danawhite about fighting MMA. Whoa.

Ross Miller ‏@rossjmiller
@KevinI I'll only pay to watch @RealRoyJonesJr if he puts in bjj blue belt mat time; we've seen how this ends = ankle pick/choke

Kevin Iole ‏@KevinI
I still can't believe Dana is buying this. Talking is one thing; doing is another entirely.

On Thursday, Dana White said Jones is coming to UFC 162 on Saturday to talk about a fight with Anderson Silva.

What do you think UG? How would Jones do in MMA? And how would Silva do boxing Jones?

7/5/13 1:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PUBLIC_loves_VITOR_eff_THE_haters
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

roy looks thick solid tight Phone Post
7/5/13 1:43 PM
The Green Arrow
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No time on the mat means he gets choked out in the first round. I'd like to hear he spent 6-12 months with Roger Gracie every single day and gets Roger's seal of approval first.

If he can avoid takedowns, he'll be a savage. If not, this is a freak show fight. Phone Post
7/5/13 1:47 PM
SN moved to conspiracy ground

i don't think silva would take him down or even use elbows, knees, kicks. it'd be a boxing match in a cage basically Phone Post 3.0
7/5/13 1:48 PM
tylerstodghill

I think it would be cool if he came over to MMA to fight Anderson. I bet Silva wouldn't even try to take him down, he would keep it standing and just box. Phone Post 3.0
7/5/13 1:48 PM
Mr Makaveli

RJJ would get slaughtered Phone Post 3.0
7/5/13 1:50 PM
disbeliever
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Even if it was an MMA fight, no way Anderson tries to take down or submit. He will box with him.
7/5/13 1:51 PM
JOESONDO
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SN moved to conspiracy ground - i don't think silva would take him down or even use elbows, knees, kicks. it'd be a boxing match in a cage basically Phone Post 3.0

This. Silva wants to test his boxing vs. RJJ. He isn't going to spoil his dream by taking him down. He already knows that he can do that.
7/5/13 1:54 PM
Maldini2706
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva has maybe 3 fights left, if he wastes one of them on a freak-show fight with a hasbean I'll be pretty pissed off. Phone Post
7/5/13 1:55 PM
ChrisAllen
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SN moved to conspiracy ground - i don't think silva would take him down or even use elbows, knees, kicks. it'd be a boxing match in a cage basically Phone Post 3.0
I agree. Silva wants to prove himself as a boxer too much to try to take him down and end it early. Phone Post 3.0
7/5/13 1:56 PM
PatrickVilone

Jones loses via KO by kick/knee in MMA

Jones loses via KO in boxing.

Now if it was a prime RJJ it'd be a close boxing fight. I'd still give the edge to Silva tho. Phone Post
7/5/13 1:57 PM
the pimp

It would be terrible if RJJ catches him with something then it ruin the real super fights that ppl wanna see. Phone Post 3.0
7/5/13 1:58 PM
PatrickVilone

Maldini2706 - Silva has maybe 3 fights left, if he wastes one of them on a freak-show fight with a hasbean I'll be pretty pissed off. Phone Post
Silva has more tham 3 fights left bro Phone Post
7/5/13 1:58 PM
PatrickVilone

Than* Phone Post
7/5/13 1:59 PM
Big Pookie
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva wants to box him, not fight him in MMA. I think everyone knows that's not fair.
7/5/13 1:59 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT

Won't happen Phone Post 3.0
7/5/13 2:00 PM
DW
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PatrickVilone -  Jones loses via KO by kick/knee in MMA

Now if it was a prime RJJ it'd be a close boxing fight. I'd still give the edge to Silva tho. Phone Post

Never go full retard

7/5/13 2:01 PM
ANT_P1989
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PatrickVilone - Jones loses via KO by kick/knee in MMA

You Don't Know Shit About Boxing.

PRIME ROY JONES JR. WOULD SPARK THE FUCK OUTTA ANDERSON SILVA.

Easy Work. Phone Post
7/5/13 2:02 PM
dhughes
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you completely insane?
7/5/13 2:04 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

We'd see anderson shoot a double once he got touched a few times. Phone Post 3.0
7/5/13 2:08 PM
MMALOGIC

if Dana does Roy vs Anderson it would be the dumbest fight ever.   When Anderson eventually loses the title then you can get away with making this circus fight.

7/5/13 2:12 PM
Chris27

MMALOGIC - 

if Dana does Roy vs Anderson it would be the dumbest fight ever.   When Anderson eventually loses the title then you can get away with making this circus fight.

This. 

Sorry fans, isntead of doing GSP/Silva, Silva/Jones or even Silva/Vitor 2 we are gonna do SIlva the GOAT vs washed up boxer in an mma fight. 

Its one thing to do a boxing match which is still stupid, its another thing to do this as an mma fight.

7/5/13 2:14 PM
Gazman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Camelz -
DW -

Never go full retard

Roy in his prime would destroy Silva boxing, and this is coming from a Silva nuthugger. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
7/5/13 2:15 PM
Phisher

I will have NO respect whatsoever for Dana if they pull this shit again especially with a guy like Jones who shouldn't be fighting anymore.

7/5/13 2:19 PM
Skeezy420
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy Jones today, yesterday or tomorrow will/would/could fuck Anderson's day up in a boxing match. Anyone who thinks otherwise is silly.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.