UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> How to get good grip strength?

7/8/13 12:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can use partner drills like we do at my school. Let them lie flat on their back with their arms up towards the ceiling. You stand above their chest and grip their sleeves with different grips each time. You do ten "upright rows" with their weight, then on the last you hold them off the ground just by a few inches, arms extended, but holding all their weight by your hands. You hold them until your grip fails.
Repeat.
7/8/13 10:46 AM
Herbish1
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kettlebells help

Also you can take a towel soak it in a bucket of water and just keep wringing it dry over and over Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 11:14 AM
ChickenSalad
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

climbing and bjj are great compliments to each other I think as others have mentioned...plus climbing is a blast, even as someone who is terrified of heights.
7/9/13 11:37 AM
ChipW
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChickenSalad - climbing and bjj are great compliments to each other I think as others have mentioned...plus climbing is a blast, even as someone who is terrified of heights.

I used to would have said just roll more in the gi but one of my training partners started climbing a couple days a week at an indoor gym.  His grips got crazy strong.  his grips were good before but really strong after he had been climbing a while. 

7/9/13 12:44 PM
mrgoodarmbar
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes you can have good grips by improving your grip strength, but I'm told I have really strong grips and I'm telling you that there is are small details in gripping itself that makes a big difference as well... It's not all about strength.
7/9/13 9:46 PM
JSho
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Captains of Crush ftw

#4 is for GM Shen only.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.