UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belfort makes case for Weidman/Silva winner

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/5/13 6:42 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1424 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Earlier this week Vitor Belfort tweeted that he wanted the winner of Saturday's middleweight title fight and yesterday Dana White spoke to the media and said the bout was unlikely.

Today Belfort took to Twitter again, this time more in depth, to argue his case:

"It's incredible how it seems as though Silva is the one picking his opponents. Think about this: Cain got knocked out in a devastating loss to Cigano, and after one fight he gets another title shot. Then after being massacred by Velasquez for 5 rounds, now Cigano gets another chance for the title. In order for a rematch to take place, the champion must accept a challenge. Both Cigano and Velasquez accepted. But I, on the other hand, crushed all the contenders that were put in front of me, and it seems that I have earned nothing, not even the respect I deserve for all I have done for the sport.

My spot is the highest of any division contender in the UFC, and it is only logical and fair for me to be given a shot at the title. Why is it that I don't have a title shot? Just because one time, Anderson happened to land a kick?! I can assure you that given a second chance, that would never happen again. I have proven myself over and over. It seems that Anderson wants to go on and do super fights or whatever. How can he think of doing a super fight right now when he has a contender of my caliber waiting to compete for the belt. I have no problem with super fights, as long as they don't tie up the belt from other great contenders who deserve a chance to accomplish the greatest moments of their career.

Nobody should be able to strip me of the dreams that God gave me and that I have worked so hard to achieve! It doesn't matter who is the champion or how many title defenses they have, they should fight who is the number 1 contender in the sport, and that person is me! I really can't understand any reason why Anderson would refuse to fight me, unless he was scared that the result would be different this time. Mind you, I have no personal beef against Anderson or any other fighter. I'm just talking about every fighter's dream to win the belt - to fight for the world championship! That's what this business is all about.

If Chris Weidman can get a title shot just by defeating Munoz, imagine how much I deserve this after devastating everyone they put in front of me, not to mention all that I have contributed to the history of the sport. I deserve more respect for what I have done, am still doing, and am about to do. Come on - they even say that it makes more sense for Silva to fight Hendo??? What a joke! I trust that if Anderson keeps the belt on Saturday night or if Chris Weidman wins, they will accept the challenge to fight me next, because I earned the spot. Dana White, MAKE IT HAPPEN!"

read official Twitter...

7/5/13 6:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Augustus Caesar
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand Vitor's POV, but the Cain situation was a bit different because Cain was the champion, not a contender when he lost.  That being said, I do think that Vitor earned his shot, but at the same time I would LOVE to see Vitor vs. Mousasi as a title eliminator.

Thanks for the quote UGblog!

7/5/13 7:20 PM
Arse Face
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augustus Caesar - 

I understand Vitor's POV, but the Cain situation was a bit different because Cain was the champion, not a contender when he lost.  That being said, I do think that Vitor earned his shot, but at the same time I would LOVE to see Vitor vs. Mousasi as a title eliminator.

Thanks for the quote UGblog!

Another reason is that Anderson Silva only has a few fights left. Cain and Dos Santos can have a few fights with each other because their division isn't as stacked and they aren't retiring anytime soon.
7/5/13 7:32 PM
Brock Lobster
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - Vitors problem is he can't get sanctioned in Vegas. Not good for a potential champ. Phone Post 3.0
I really think this is what's holding him back. At the same time no one is more deserving than him. I say give him one more fight and if e wins give him a shot. Phone Post 3.0
7/5/13 7:33 PM
AirForceBoy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At the end of the day it's also about if the fans want to see this fight or not and I doubt anybody wants to see it again..I also doubt Vitor has gotten the taste of Anderson's foot out of his mouth.
7/5/13 7:35 PM
heatmeiser
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor had his chance. Phone Post
7/5/13 7:38 PM
PUBLIC_loves_VITOR_eff_THE_haters

vitor has hit his stride we are seeing prime vitor Phone Post
7/5/13 7:40 PM
DJmixmasterMobbie

No way Vitor wrote that lol. He may have had someone write it for him or whatever but who ever did def made him look like an asshat Phone Post 3.0
7/5/13 8:13 PM
MMALOGIC

Then maybe he should have called out Anderson Silva after beating those MW contenders instead of Jon Jones?

7/5/13 8:37 PM
Kimbos Lice
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor should be asking GOD why he isn't getting his rematch. Not Dana. Phone Post 3.0
7/6/13 5:18 AM
ZOMG

I think vitor was a great fighter, but he had a real curious segment of mediocrity in the middle. Just so happens it was after he was busted for PEDs and before he was on TRT. I think the issue here, which V doesn't get, is people question his ability without TRT. Does it land a spinning heel kick? No, but it makes you faster, stronger, and more alert. It's the reason men feel like men. All one has to do is look at the women's division to see what a difference hormones make. I for one don't want a champion who injects anything.
7/6/13 6:09 AM
jon_m
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's right. There's no other contender who deserves the shot as much as Vitor does. If he can't get sanctioned in Nevada because of the TRT thing, then he'll just have to fight Andy without it. Whatever the case may be, he deserves it.
7/6/13 6:51 AM
KZTT_W85
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not across all the technicalities of his situation, but if Keizer has said he won't get a testosterone exemption for Vegas then vitor can't be fighting for the strap. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.